You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Dreams

 

I am 26yr old female and I have never believed in ghosts, until I saw one. Growing up my friends always claimed my house was haunted they heard voices and noises. I never thought much of it, it was an old house. But then my friend one day became hysterical to what she saw, a black mass dart from the bedroom to the bathroom. I just laughed because, well I never even thought of the idea of ghosts.

I met my ex in '04 and moved into his old family home. It was built in 1901 and all his relatives said the place was haunted. In fact his brother-in-law refused to step into the house. I had never noticed anything out of the ordinary, the house was creepy in general due to the age. He always spoke of an old woman that died there and he had seen her in his dreams. I awoke one night to her sitting on the end of my bed and screamed. I brushed it off, assumed it was a dream but the dreams were getting more vivid and it was the same old lady. She was always trying to harm my husband in my dream, I woke up to her holding a bowling ball over his head and screamed. But these could pass as dreams, I still didn't really believe, or want to.

Then one night, I woke up to the door across the hall shaking and the handle rattling. I sat up and turned the light on and it didn't stop. I woke up Mike and showed him, he said its probably the cat. Well the cat appeared and stared at the door. Then something started clawing the door frantically and I couldn't breathe. It abruptly stopped and I was way to scared to even go look. I thought maybe it was a dog but in the morning nothing was in that room and no animal could shake a door handle and claw. I can't explain how scary it was but we eventually moved out.

Ghosts intrigue me now and I love to watch paranormal experiences. About 3 months ago I stayed with my boy friend of a year who always teased me about a little girl haunting his house. He said multiple people say she lives on the stairs and you can see her with a mirror. I wanted to try that night but he refuses to mess with the dead. That night I saw a white mist go through the wall, however at the time I thought nothing of it. I actually mentioned it I said wierd I just saw a white blur by the wall. I did not know at this time that ghosts can take a form as what appears as a mist.

That night I had a dream of a orphan girl who kept singing Oh lady oh lady to me, she started choking me and I turned my head and saw the a old wooden clock in my dream. She told me to look at the clock and it was 1:46am. I woke up screaming and crying, my boyfriend said he had never seen someone so scared in his life. I was litearlly climbing up the wall and I was screaming what time is it. 1:47am. This was the most vivid dream I have had. He asked me why I asked the time and I explained the dream. I can still remember it clear to this day and it gives me chills.

I don't know why this keeps happening because now I have a ghost visit me in dreams once a week and they always try and hurt me. My son asked me if his room was haunted because his computer moved. I moved it but it was wierd for him to say "haunted" Since I had noticed stuff moving in there but I assume its him or the wind. I am not sure if there is a ghost in his room, I hope not.

I want to mention that 2 weeks ago I took photos of an old abandoned house. I wonder if something followed me home. Did I open some door since I believe now? The dreams are getting scarier, so are the ghosts. Last week was some type of demon raping me and I woke up to my boyfriend bawling my eyes out. I found sites saying that ghosts can communicate best when we are unconscious. I signed up here for some advice and at least the ability to relate to others.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, khutch, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

khutch (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
shell1982,
Very interesting and spot on. I did turn to psychology because I know the subconcious is repressed and comes out in dreams. That all makes sense to me. I would like to point out when I am alone I do not have these dreams so maybe that person was my subconcious crying for help. We are no longer together and the dreams have stopped.
The time thing also makes sense. Thanks for your help, it really made me think farther into this.
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
If it were me, I wouldn't be worried about dreams. People have very vivid, and disturbing, dreams all the time without them being anything supernatural. You just have unfortunately vivid dreams that's all, IMO 😊. Even the time thing, while pretty unnerving, isn't that surprising. You have neurons in your brain that continually tick over and keep count of the passing time, which is how you get your sense of passing time and ability to judge how much time has passed. This ability is thought to be much stronger subconsciously than consciously - how many stories have you heard of people who wake up every day seconds BEFORE their alarm rings - so there is no reason to think that your brain didn't know perfectly well it was 1.46 all by itself, with no spirit involvement required.

The dream dictionary website says the following about dreams of ghosts: "To dream that ghosts are trying to kill you implies that you are ready to confront your past and your repressed emotions, despite how painful it may be. You are ready to move forward with your life and leave the past behind." Don't know if that means anything to you. It also says "ghosts are representative of something that is no longer obtainable or within reach. It indicates that you are feeling disconnected from life and society. Try to figure out what the ghosts wants or what it is looking for. The dream may also be a calling for you to move on and abandon your outdated modes of thinking and behavior." I think you need to focus on what these dreams are telling you rather than being afraid of them, or they will not stop. I believe dreams are cries for help from your subconscious mind.
khutch (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
I appreciate all the advice and help. I am a realist so it is hard for me to even accept this. I am cautious about what I blame on paranormal and what is just a coincidence. I was walking in the dark the other night and felt like something was following me. I walked under a street light and it started flickering. The flickering slowed down the farther I got and then the light went out. I kept turning around and thought "wow that was wierd." I did consider paranormal but then thought lights go out all the time.
CrystalClear, I have read up on incubus and the old hag syndrome. I ruled it out as incubus since my impression was pleasure and not fear. I am not sure if this is accurate, however I was not enjoying this dream. I was scared to death. It was so dark and aggressive.
Rook, I agree that dreams may be a form of stress. I have read and studied pyschologist. Freud and Jung agree that dreams are repressed emotion. The id takes over which is our unconscious and we can not control it. Our dreams our manifestations of our real life. However, I have found that every ghost dream is so real! I feel this was more than a dream and that a ghost was trying to make contact. Once I get over the fear of it, I hope I can be of help.
This is all new to me, but it has gotten to the point that I can not rule out my experiences on coincidence or explanations. It has gotten too real.
DrGhost (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
Hello my dad is a shaman and he told us before not to go to places that people say is haunted. He says you might drag a spirit with you back to your home.
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
very good story, I love it, I would like to hear the next part if there is!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
Very interesting experiences going on around you and happening to you. It does seem to be true that Spirits can communicate with us better when we sleep... That our 'unconscious minds' make better/easier contact with the spirit world. That being said it seems your 'bad dreams' pre-date your picture taking so I would not worry something 'followed' you home.

Becoming a believer does 'open ones eyes' to seeing the 'paranormal' but we must be careful no to blame every 'odd' thing on a spirit? All natural/normal things must be eliminated before calling something 'paranormal'.

Having said that...let's examine your dreams...

The 'Old Lady' and your 'ex-husband'...this many have indeed been a spirit trying to communicate with you... And it sounds as if she was not happy with your ex...

Your current dreams... If they had the same 'little girl' in them then I could say that a spirit may be trying to communicate with you. The fact that these dreams have different people trying to 'hurt' you make me think you 'subconscious' is trying to tell you something... Take a step back... Whats going on in your life... Any 'stress' happening as your dreams could be 'manifesting' your stress levels as you sleep.

The best thing to do would be to start a journal... This will allow you to look back over these odd events and dreams and compare them... See if there is any 'common ground'. Now because your a Mom... You mention your son thinks his room may be Haunted. I offer you a Cleansing and Shielding Method. I use this for my Home and Family and perhaps it will bring you some comfort.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
danica (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
and knutch, CrystalClear12 is right dreaming a demon raping you is like an incubus... You can actually read a lot of experience on that here YGS.
danica (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
Yes I agree, they can communicate best when we are unconscious. Like in our dreams they can do whatever they want because it's like we are in their dimension they have the control. I agree with H2olily saying a bedtime prayer really helps. 😊
CrystalClear12 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
Just saying,
The demon raping you in your dreams part sounds a lot like an incubus. Not a ghost
khutch (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-19)
Agreed! I haven't thought much into this until the dreams have started and are getting scarier. This is all new to me but I won't put it off as nothing or imagination anymore. Its real
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-19)
Sounds like a good time to get your spiritual life in order KH! Maybe start by leaving an open bible around nearby and saying bedtime prayers? Just a suggestion, sweetie.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: