You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Lady In White

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady In White

 

I was born and raised in the Philippines so I heard so many stories about apparitions of a lady wearing a long white gown. They were subject to many horror films, novels and hand pass storied from generations to generations to serve its one true purpose, scare you out of your wits.

One of my favourite so far was experienced by my uncle who saw a white lady while he was taking a leak on a tree he was not supposed to use as a urinal. I laughed when I heard it. Unfortunately my mom was devastated at my refusal for bedtime and told me another creepy tale with this mysterious entity.

One afternoon when my mom was still in grade school she entered her room and was greeted by a woman facing a blank canvass she erected on an easel. The lady was stroking a brush as if she was painting. In a blink of an eye, she was gone.

Hearing and seeing the white lady is a different story. For one thing you can only describe the fright of what you see not spreading the trauma it brings with her unexpected visit.

I remember that awful summer night because my parents bought me my first cellular phone but I couldn't charge it because of a nationwide black out. Now if you know Philippines you know black outs are as normal as your breathing. Sometimes they can last for hours and if you carry the omen of bad luck, days.

I was trying to sleep, tossing and turning and sweating. The mosquitos feasted on my skin until I was almost raw. Before I tell you what I saw let me describe my old room. Facing my bed is a wooden wardrobe where I keep my clothes and next to the door on the left of the bed is my writing desk. The right wall is covered in various band posters and that's pretty much it.

Anyway, I was tossing and turning when I caught a glimpse of someone standing between my wardrobe and writing desk. My first thought was it was a burglar so I sat up only to be shocked by the full sight of the woman I had been told about. She was slightly side view in my direction but I saw she had long black hair almost touching her bare ankle. Her white dress was slightly transparent and that's when I realized she is transparent. Her face showed no sign of eyes mouth ears or nose. As I mentioned in my first story, she reminded me of the lady in black I saw on the road. I learned years later that almost all ghosts has no face and another description distinct to this entities, their feet are floating inches from the grown which is what exactly sent my goosebumbs to rise up instantly.

It was as if my body decided to flow with heat from head to toe. I couldn't stop looking at her. I bolted out of bed and almost ran into my father. I didn't tell him what happened because the first time I had experienced anything paranormal I broke my ankle from panicking. I told him I was going to sleep in the living room because it was hot in my room.

When I went back there the next day, of course she was gone. That was not the first and the last time I saw someone like her though.

Other hauntings by RLA15

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RLA15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
[at] cecil thank you for sharing your story. The truth is one of my cousin said she saw a woman in my wardrobe's mirror a few months back before I experienced it but I didn't believe her. My relatives are still claiming she's my grand dad's twin sister.

[at] thx I wonder if thay's where they get the name of the pontiac cars? What's a bohmoh?
thx11 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
The same is the true incident of some Indonesian white female ghost called a pontiak. You got to get yourself a real good bohmoh to be rid of its curse that causes it to roam restlessly from the spirit world.
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
[at] RLA15 thanks for sharing this!
I heard many stories and (local) legends about the white lady in the philippines and yours fits exactly into the pattern of reported encounters - that's why I totally believe your story, to say the least.

A brother in law of mine once had a similar encounter while he was visiting his province;
When he returned to his relatives' house at night, carrying only a flashlight to light his step, he saw a white figure standing at the entrance door.
After lifting his flashlight up from feet to torso to head, he realized that the figure had no head at all! So he just ran away to a nearby friend's house and didn't return until the next day haha.

He told me this story about 5 or 6 times already so it must have really scared him and I absolutely believe him aswell!

My general opinion about the "white ladies" (especially here in the philippines) is that they are A. Everything else than an aswang (I don't believe in aswang) so they are not necessarily evil and that B. They must in most cases be deceased ancestors of those who encounter them!

I heard that many times - if an encounter repeats itself - it will be seen only by certain members of a family (!), or really close friends!

Of course there are legends about constant hauntings and so on, but I believe that these are different stories...

Sorry for posting a quite off-topic response here, without much help!:/ 😳

All the best though and keep going with your stories! ❀
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Pinkparrot6202 I never really tried talking to a ghosts before because I always gets immobalized by my fear. That will. Be cool though! Thanks for reading!
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
oh ok, the white lady, you have to know why she came, she might bring a message, or want to warn.

Thanks,
Nuz

❀
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
[at] DrGhost ofcourse! In the Philippines they could be anyone though. Like what my mom and her brother saw. She was believed to be the deceased twin sister of my grandfather. She died when they were sixteen becuase of luekemia.
DrGhost (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
White Lady legends are found around the world. Common to many of them is the theme of losing or being betrayed by a husband or fiancé.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: