You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Being Dwelling In Our House

Real Ghost Stories

A Being Dwelling In Our House

 

I live with my family in a simple rented house. I do not know the history about the house but it looks old to me. My neighbours say that there is a "being" dwelling in our home. I have had some encounter with this Being. The first encounter being around 2010 when my dad bought a new desktop.

The desktop sits in my bedroom which is on the second floor. To the right of my computer is the hall-way overlooking the streets so it is dark at night because our yard has trees. Sometimes at night when I'm using the computer I can see something from the corner of my eye. I see "it" peeking from the hallway in a fast manner.

There was another time when my sister's friend (Who can actually see, and used to talk to ghosts) came over to help with my sister's project. She said she saw it sitting at our dining room like waiting for food to be prepared. Some nights when I go downstairs (Which is very dark when the lights are out), I can feel someone staring (OR GLARING) at me. I've never seen the entity but I assure you I can feel their presence. Sometimes my dog will stare at the stairs and when you follow her eyes, it's like she's staring at someone who's actually going down the stairs.

The friend of my sister (the same one who can see) (Lets just name her Friend 1) Said to my sister's other friends to stay near the owner of the house so that they will not be bothered by "it". To that statement, I figured out that the entity does not bother us bot the other non-dwellers that visit our home get bothered by it. Well sometimes Friend 1 would cry inside our house and say that the entity is beside someone.

Well, I'm just curious as to what kind of entity is dwelling inside our house.

Let me know if you know anything about this kind of a situation.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, masongloc9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-12-17)
Hello masongloc9,

You're saying that this thing followed you to your new home? Do you, by any chance, have your father's computer from the old house.

I saw something almost exactly like this in the home that I lived in as a teenager and young adult; I never saw it again. A neighbor across the street tried to tell me that he saw it too; to be perfectly honest, I didn't believe him. He was a few years younger than me and I thought that he was just trying to provide interesting conversation to a "young woman" or he wanted in on the "mystery".

- Maria
masongloc9 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-17)
Oh my god It's been 8 years since I posted this.

An update:

I lived at the house up until about 6 months ago, (I have since then moved out of the island to look for work)

I wrote this when I was around 15, so I'm going to update this again.

The house is old and creaky. It has two floors, the ground floor is made of concrete and the second floor is made of wood.

The being is actually in a form of a silhouette, no distinct features since I only see it in the corner of my eye. The being shows up peeking around the corner through the open doorway.

Https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQbbSQgzbY9u3faV1D5KR1juibXY291MHZF0Gqg27iOG-p_o31R

This image would best describe what I see in the corner of my eye.

This sighting has been backed not only by my entire family, (four of us) but also by visiting friends (around 6-7 college classmates).

It basically just did that. Peeks around the corner and disappears the moment you look at its direction.

I've grown accustomed to it and it's not as frequent as before (used to happen at around once a week, now its as rare as once in every few months.

I still have no idea what it is but I've gotten used to it.:)
arjay (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
hi masongloc9. I have encountered lots of being. I have my story on other site. Anyways. I have the same thing happened to you. See I'm a student who live lot of kind of house room for rent and house rent. My experience is in my old rent room. Old guy keep appearing to me. Hes body is like a smoke and transparent he sometimes appeared besides me when I a sleep. And I just ask the owner of the house if someone died in my room or in the house. So she said to me that her husband died on my room.

And about the 2nd floor and 1st you said the first maybe the 2nd floor is kind of new. One more thing do you big mirror in the house or old mirror originally from the house?
masongloc9 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
And just to clarify to those who cannot visualizethe situations, I'll be uploading pictures. Of the staircase and the doorway.
masongloc9 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-01)
Thank you all for the responses. I greatly appreciate all your help. "It" doesn't manifest itself anymore. But I couldn't debunk the reason why. I have something to add. Our house has 2 floors. I think there are different entities. The upper part is the kind one. Who checks on us every now and then. That entity is the one who is "leaning" from the hallway. Meanwhile, on the first floor is the "negative" entity. At 2-3 AM I would tend to go downstairs to use the comfort room. As I touched the 3rd step from the 2nd floor, Negative feelings would enter me. Creep me out or still, the feeling of being watched. But they don't manifest themselves anymore and we just decided to let them be. Thanks for all your help again! Sincerely, masongloc9
TVXQsam (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-01)
All I can advice you is to seek some professional psychic out there to test who was that "being" in your house. And if it's really difficult to find one, you can conduct an interview with your sister's friend. 😉 In that way, you will know the answer. ^^
Chrsw72 (22 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Well it doesn't really sound too scary, but you do indeed have an entity none the less!
You could do some research about the house. Did someone die there? Was it built on a burial ground? If you feel it is threatening you can either make holy water and put it inside and outside the perimeter of the home or simply ask it to leave. Please do not antaganize the entity but treat them with love, as they may not know they are dead, or moreover are not able to go to the white light of the holy spirt!
Zethanderski (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
I agree with rookdygin with what he said about a person being sensitive to EMF's. With this "being" you speak of, it might have, let's say, appeared due to the fact that you were actually warned by your neighbors about it before you could've actually experienced this so called phenomenon personally without any external influence.

As for your sister's friend, she could've been acting all along (not saying your sister's friend is a liar) to get attention - that is to say if she was pre-warned about the entity

:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
With out a full description of this 'being' I'm going to have to say... There has not been enough information gathered and presented to say for sure your home is 'Haunted'...

If your sensitive to EMF (Electromagnetic Frequencies) then there is a chance that the feelings of being watched and the 'being' you saw out of the corner of your eye could be your body reacting to High levels of EMF (You mentioned a new computer that you sat at when you had your 'sighting'.)

As for what you friend may have seen... Did they describe the 'being' that they saw... If so does the description match that of a former owner who has passed or possibly anything in 'local folklore'?

Thank you for sharing this with us, but all 'natural causes' must be ruled out before the Paranormal can be considered.

Respectfully,

Rook
ghostgirlforever (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
I think maybe the "being" is maybe a passed owner of the house maybe a long time ago or just recently. But the "being" doesn't sound harmful at all maybe he/she just hasn't yet found the light. 😊 😊 😊
Shannonchikawow (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Someone probably died in the house? Or maybe it's just a spirit that lives in the trees or in the yard. I think it's just curious since you guys are just renting out and it doesn't know you and your family yet. Just leave it to it's peace. Have you asked Friend 1 if it looks evil? If it does start to harm you, then get help. But if it's friendly, it might just be protective of the house and/or the new owners. 😁
Catface (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
I've never heard of The Jinn so I find it hard to relate with that comment but that kind of thing applies with any kind of spirit.

Leave it to do whatever it likes, sending out negative vibes or telling it to go away is always something you should never do. Accepting that it is much a part of your own home as you are tends to appease them. Obviously some spirits are a lot more malevolent but this spirit seems pretty harmless. You should just carry on living your life in blissful ignorance and it will be very likely it will leave you be.

Blessed Be. ❤
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
I think it maybe be a Jinn it is a type of spirit being. From what you are saying it has not harmed anyone. The Jinn live paralel to us on earth in a spirit world although some people can see them most can not, some Jinn are good and some are bad. The Jinn can choose betweengood or evil just like mankind can. Unlike man Jinns can change shape try not too put out negative vibes because some really thrive on them and can bring back negative things your way. Just try to respect its right to be and it should leave you alone. If you really don't want it around try burning Frankincense and myrrr incense it smells good and so they don't like it and they will leave. Thanks for sharing!.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: