You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Family Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Family Ghost?

 

This is my first story I'm submitting, and so not to sure how to go about it (not the best writer) Anyway.

My family (Immediate and extended) have always had run ins with spirits and ghosts and so on they seem to be nothing much to most of us. But by no means do we consider ourselves experts on the matter! But recently in one of our many discussions an odd phenomenon came into light, one we have... Well no clue about...

But firstly I'll start with me. About three years ago it had been many hot nights and so I slept in the kitchen and my mother and younger sister slept in the lounge room. At the time my mother had been rather sick and so had a major operation planed, a quadrupedal bypass, (I don't know if this info was relevant) I woke up exactly at 12 midnight, I could tell for I was in clear view of the clock, and standing in the door frame entrance (almost blocking and sight passed him) to the lounge room from the kitchen was this tall figure wearing a trench coat and a hat (the kind you see in the detective movies) he wasn't facing me but looking into the lounge room... I don't think however that he was looking at my mother... He stood extremely still Like a part of the house... I for some reason continued rolling over and fell back asleep... Seemingly unperturbed. I told my mother in the morning but she didn't say anything really only that it was interesting... Though after a short conversation she brought up that her sister described the same spirit walk up her driveway to her house... In broad daylight too!

That in itself I realizes is rather insignificant, but a few months later I told my cousin (we are extremely close) about my experience but I didn't get far for while I described the... Ghost she cut in with a story seemingly about the same spirit!

She told me it was many years ago at one of the family night parties... Where all us kids played a game of "hide and seek". She ran off with another of our cousins and hid over a fence facing the road. Once she got over she looked across the road and standing under the lamp post was the exact same figure I described earlier, the only difference was that it was facing her... Though she could not see his face for it was covered by the brim of his hat. I asked my other cousin (the same one who hid with her) not long after hearing about her experience, he unwilling confirmed it... He also mentioning that his mother had seen a ghost like it in her youth, but again indoors.

While we were again discussing this we told her mother... She's rather odd when it comes to talking about experiences; she never talks about her own, though this was the exception. When she was rather young along with her sister (same age) saw in the middle of the night the same figure in the door way to their bed room... He just stood there, and again they too could not make out a face...

After further talks with other family (we have a HUGE family and I have not asked every one) we found out the same spirit, always described the same but seemingly in different situations had been seen but at least three other aunts and five uncles on either side of the family...

But none of my friends have seen anything like him... He's like a family ghost. Please had anyone out there seen any ghost like him?

In none of the experiences is he seemingly dangerous, threatening or harmful, nor is he "scary" looking. He never speaks and you can't see his face. It's like he observes and... Watches... Oh and the only other thing is you only seem to see him once... I have no clue what he might be... Any ideas?

Just another note I think I should add in is that we are all Russian, and one of our biggest customs is that all families have what is known as a "Domovoi" or "house spirit". Though we're one big family... Once you move and create your own family with in the family you actually have a different Domovoi. This House Spirit seems so similar to the "Trench Coat" in all out experiences... I do not think they are related however... For the House Spirit is just that, he stays in the house, whereas this other has been seen our side... Maybe they work together?

Thanks for reading; I hope it made enough sense.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mezzie93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mezzie93 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
Hello,
I had recently been out of contact and with out the internet for a long while... Thanks for all your comments, its real interesting to have people even bother to read but then to leave a comments great! Thanks:)
But to answer your comment "Shell1982"
Yeah with my mother the spirit sighting fits but with many others as listed with in my story no... There was no known upheaval... Now was there in the near future either:/
One of mu aunties saw it just walking up the drive way in daylight... But no it was just an average day:/ lol. I guess its just something I'll never know the answer to really.
But with many of the responses people are agreeing to the idea that "he" is some type of "family" spirit... But why then did my cousins friend see him?
She saw him YEARS before they met:S confusing right? Thanks again people!
Psychic (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
I don't believe he is harmful I think he is maybe an ancestor of the family do some history was someone a detective? He could be someone sworn to protect an ancestor and his family
xxdarknessreignsxx (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
You know, the fact that the majority of your family has seen this same figure at one point or another in their lives makes me think that this spirit could be some type of guardian or spirit guide sent to watch out over your family specifically. Maybe he appears to you when he feels that you need to see him for some reason, like maybe he showed himself to you that night when your mom was about to have that major surgery to let you know he wasn't going to let anything happen to you. He sounds like a protector at any rate so I wouldn't worry about him.
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Oh, another thing is that the Maori guy was seen by a medium who did a reading for the wife of one of the family while they were going through a separation. She didn't know the husband was from New Zealand (she didn't know him at all, in fact), and as the wife is English she wasn't guessing her heritage from her appearance. The medium said he was watching over her. Absolutely amazing stuff, especially when you hear it from someone you know and not just a random on the internet! 😊
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
CuriousBeliever12: The spirit of this friend of a friend's family is a traditionally-dressed native Maori (they are from New Zealand), which would fit with your theory about a very old spirit, as the family certainly don't tend to wear traditional dress any more!

This is really interesting, I had never heard another story like this until now. My inner skeptic has been silenced by my inner curiosity on this occasion! This is, just, intriguing. <runs away to research this type of spirit>
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
I have heard of another family (friend of a friend) with a "family spirit" who is seen by various members of the family during times of great stress or emotional upheaval. When you saw your spirit, your mum was ill, so that fits. What about the other sightings? Was there anything major going on with that person at the time?
WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Try to research into the family, Mezzie, and your family ghost may be attached to something you own or keep in your family, or it may just be like Curious suggested, a protective spirit! Good luck!
CuriousBeliever12 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
This actually makes me think of a relative you may have had in the past. I would suggest trying to research that. It's unusual that the SAME family would see the SAME figure, though different circumstances. Talk to some of your older relatives and see about getting some info on your past. This could be a spirit that is attached to your family as it could be a very OLD protective spirit watching over you all. Just my thoughts though:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: