You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Man In The Blue Shorts

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Blue Shorts

 

The first story that I remember was told by my mother before I was even ten. Three of my four siblings, as the youngest had yet to have been born, and I were all tucked into our beds. My younger brothers down the hall in there bedroom asleep while my dad was still in the bedroom with my sister and I. I remember my mom rushing down the hall way, asking my dad about my uncle, who was supposed to come by around that time. When she found out that he wasn't there yet her face turned pale, I can almost remember the exact look on her face more than 8 years later.

My dad asked what was wrong, trying to whisper mostly to keep from scaring my sister and I. She said that she had seen someone walk down the hall and into the kitchen, but when she had walked into the kitchen no one was there and she had thought my uncle was playing a trick on her.

We moved out of the house a few years after the youngest sister was born, due to parental divorce. After a few years, a few people moving into and out of the house, and my mother getting re-married we moved back into the house the week before school started for my Senior year of High School.

Through the duration of living in the house as a child and then moving back in nearly two years ago I have always felt like I was being watched, especially when in a room alone. I moved out shortly after graduation and hadn't returned to the house for several months due to constant arguing with my mother.

Recently I've been in the house more often and the feelings have begun to creep up again. Last week I joined my mother, step-dad, and youngest sister, who is now nine, for dinner. This is when the topic had resurfaced. My step-dad said something about hearing someone walk into the kitchen and thinking it was my mother until he realized that it was a man. The first thing out of my mothers mouth was, "Was he in a white shirt and blue shorts?" and my step-dad sort of laughed at her, but still nodded. I asked her why, and demanded to know what in the hell was going on.

She told me that she had seen, again but she didn't remember straight away the last time, a man in a white shirt and blue shorts walking down the hall. The only difference was that this time she was in the kitchen and he had walked into her bedroom, right after my youngest step-brother followed. She thought that the first was one of my older step-brothers until she walked into the bedroom and only found the one.

I was scared enough for a week, and forgot about the whole thing when I went home later that night. However, this morning I came back to my mothers house to help her with her Relay for Life project. This is when I heard of the strange things that happened through out the week.

Of course, there were more sighting of the man in the blue shorts in the hall way, but a few new things that made me want to hug my sister. She's in the same room that we were sharing on the first night all those years ago. One day after school she came home to grab a movie, when she was walking up the side walk she saw someone sitting on her bed, looking through the window. Later in the week, she was home alone. She stayed in the living room, watching TV, until she hear a door close. She looked around the corner and into the hall and then walked down to our mothers room. When she saw that no one was there, and that the door hadn't moved she left the room and walked back into the hall she noticed that her own door was shut.

The problem with this, you see, is that the door to the room that my sisters share is nearly completely broken, only holding to the frame by a few screws in the top hinge. We can't get that door to close if we try, and there it was closed. She ran back into the living room until the noise reappeared. Going back into the hall she glanced back at her room to find that once again, the door was opened.

Earlier, by about a week, something had been happening to my youngest brother. At night, when he tries to sleep he sometimes hears voices, none that are familiar to him nor belong to any of us. This, is the same problem that I had years ago, before I was even my baby sister's age.

As my mom tells me all of this, this morning a part of my stomach started to clinch, my face felt red hot, and tight, and tears started to roll down my face. I could feel him, I knew he was there. I refused to leave the kitchen, for anything because I knew that he was there, waiting. I'm not sure for what, or if it was just for me to come out. After getting my courage up I walked into the living room, the place that he had yet to be seen but I could feel him there.

While my brother and mom were in the kitchen I began to talk to myself, more to him but so that I couldn't be heard. I asked him to please stop scaring my family, to stop showing himself, or my mother would make him leave. I said that I didn't care if he stayed or went, but that if he wanted to stay he needed to stay hidden. After that everything had felt much more calm, and I felt okay.

It continued until I went into my mothers room to use her bathroom. As soon as I was alone in the hallway the feeling came rushing back, and has not left me since. Now, as I am telling you this I'm sitting at my mothers kitchen table, and I can feel him watching at I type this. Every time I mention him, or the man in blue shorts my face feels like my sinuses are tightening and I start to tear up.

I don't know what to do about this, but I know that it is scaring my family and I don't like that. I tried to see if anyone maybe died here but my search didn't go well. I just want him to stop.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BreeXOXO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BreeXOXO (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
The spirit is not my uncle, he is as alive and full of jokes as ever. Thanks for the help, we're trying anything.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
Four...Four times Ha Ha Ha... (insert thunder and lightning)...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook

(Please tell me people remember the 'Count' on Sesame Street... 😲)
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Who do you think it is?. When your uncle didn't show up that night did your mom find out what happened?. At first I thought the ghost could be your uncle but you were not clear if he died or not. Then I thought it wouldn't be a relative because you said this spirit is scaring everybody. Did you ever think of researching the house? Maybe you will find some information there. If you want to get rid of it you should speak to Rookdyjinn he is on here he can tell you how to do a house cleansing. Thank You for sharing Very Very Creepy! 1

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: