You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghosts? You Tell Me

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts? You Tell Me

 

When I was little, I was sick quite often. When I was sick my parents would have me sleep in the living room. Our house is very open and the dining room could be easily seen from the couch I slept on. I remember waking up to people talking, or more like whispering. I woke up thinking, who could be awake? And talking? I looked around trying to figure out where it could be coming from. I looked over to the dining room and saw a bunch of figures sitting under the table. I thought I was hallucinating when one of them moved and for some weird reason, I know they turned and looked at me. I covered my head and feel asleep. I've never told anyone about out.

I truly think there is something in my parents house. When I was maybe 6...7, I playing with barbies with my sisters. I didn't want to play anymore so I left. My sister got mad and said she threw my barbie under the couch. I didn't care and left it under there. A few days later we went to play with barbies again. I went to grab mine, still under the couch. I was moving my hand around to feel for it when I touched some hair. 'must be it' I thought. I tried to grab the head and pull it out but for some weird reason the head was bigger than my hand. I realized what I might've touched and pulled my hand out and ran upstairs not to ever tell anyone.

When I was 12, I shared a room with my sister. We slept in the same bed. At night we would talk and giggle saying silly things. We finally decided to fall asleep after talking for hours. Right before we actually feel asleep we heard this loud thud come from my closet, there were two closets in the room. I didn't want to scare her so I pretended I was asleep. Two seconds later she says 'did you hear that?' I said I did and that it was just my shoe boxes. The next morning before leaving for school, I decided to look in the closet to prove I was right and sure enough, I was dead wrong. Nothing looked out of the ordinary. No boxes on the floor but they were still stacked perfectly on top of each other.

Same house, fast forward 10 years, all my siblings from all over the country came to visit. Two of my sisters and their spouses slept in the room down stairs. One of them took my nieces, then 5 and 6 with her down stairs. On the way back, the younger one said, 'auntie, what's that?' And pointed to the dark end of the room. My sister nervously and scaredly said, there's nothing there! Don't say that! The older one says 'haha she's just kidding' and they came back up stairs.

We still go visit my parents a lot. When my daughter was 1 1/2 she wanted a bottle and my mom told her to get it herself. She said she didn't want to because she was afraid of the monsters and my mom said there wasn't anything. She walked over to the fridge slowly, looking towards the open doorway to the stairs. She grabbed the bottle and ran for dear life back to the living room.

More stories but this is getting to long.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

howwilliknow (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
I would have freaked out about the Barbie head too. It reminded me of a night mare I had when I was young. There was strange dripping coming from under the couch and I was sent in to investigateand of course I got eaten. I still hate under sides of couches. So if that had happened to me I can tell you know I'd still be raving panicked about it.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
I like this. Its short & to the point. Children do get scared of things that arent really there. But then there are those of us that very real things frighten us. Anything that disturbs small children like that> that terrify them> are nothing nice. The fact that you were sick could have had you hallucinate, like if you had a fever. But on the same token when you are sick you are vulnerable & spirits take advantage. Also the randomness of you reaching under the couch to simply grab your barbie made me cringe. Because things like that would happen to me when I was young at my parents. There may be something funky there at your folks house. Children see a lot more than us at times. Remember that ^__^
It did say if you were looking for any kind of help. But I am looking forward to reading more of your accounts. Bless you & yours. MCL.

SamiTheUnicorn - you made me laugh, it would freak me out, too lol! 😆

Xdemonthekiller -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal

I really don't like to be rude, but are you daft? PLEASE if you don't know what you are talking about ------> DON'T! UHG!

Sorry to the rest of you for that outburst.

~LSD~
xdemonthekiller (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
How intreeding, I would believe what you have their are no less then small children, But I am not good with ghost topic's I much prefer topic's relating to other supernatural/paranormal thing's.
Ps: It best to ignore it e.e
ghostgirlforever (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Well, CLEARLY your house is haunted haha but I don't understand do you rememeber how many shadows were under the table and do you know if they were big and small if they were different sizes then they couldve been a family check out your house background 😊
❤ - ghotgirlforever
SamiTheUnicorn (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Whoa, creepy stuff! The "giant" barbie would've scared me enough to want to die! Just reading it gives me the chills and make he want to hurl! Please post more, this story was very good:) And I agree with crecentblue03. 😊
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Well, they are most likely jinn your seeing they live among us though most of us don't see them. You happen to be one of the few who can. Like mankind they can choose between good or evil so some are good and some are bad, they don't seem to mean you any harm or they would have harmed you by now. Don't show them any negitive feelings some feed on that just respect their right to be and leave it at that. Thanks for sharing!.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: