You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis, Astral, Lucid Dream, Or Evil?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis, Astral, Lucid Dream, Or Evil?

 

First, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I'm 23; I believe in the paranormal, I'm spiritual. Christian, but I don't go to church: (I recently had a baby boy 4 months ago. My first, I'm married. My husband, Joselito, believes also. He has what he claims a 6th sense. He says he can have visions and other things. His mother has passed away before we got together. Not sure if that has anything to do with this but maybe. I've never believed so much into the paranormal side until I met him. My son since 4 weeks old would stare in the corner where the closet is. Now he just looks at random spaces, looking back and forth.

Ok, so, this started recently maybe 2 or 3 months ago. This has only happened twice. The first time this happened, I was dreaming and it happened right when I was waking up. I was holding my baby Jose who was like 2 or 3 months in the dream (waking life also) in the dining room. I was sitting down at a round wooden table and Jose was standing near the doorway. Jose and I were conversing I think about his car. I don't know how, but I felt something terrible, like evil. I felt so terrified. I saw the lights flicker in the dining room. They went off. Then back on again. A Few minutes later I don't know how, but I saw the lights go off upstairs then the stairway lights. I said Jose let's go, Lets go, please let's just go upstairs in to the bedroom. I guess I thought the bedroom was the safest place. So we started to run around the living room into the kitchen to go upstairs, and the lights went completely out. All of a sudden, my baby was knocked or thrown out of my hands and I was forced up into the air. I was parallel to the floor, then I couldn't see anything and it started to feel like I couldn't breathe. In my dream I couldn't move and when I was waking up, I actually couldn't move or open my eyes. My heart was pounding.

After that I've forgotten about it. Then, all of a sudden, I felt this presence and I didn't like it. I felt it for about 2 weeks. Then it went away about a day before Jose and I had rid some issues we were going through. This was last week. We've been great ever since.

The second time was last night when I was awake. It started out as a dream. I was making my father in law some coffee, and after that I went to find my husband. Baby Jose started crying, then turned into a wail within seconds. I run upstairs I see him on his back (he's a stomach sleeper) with a terrified look on his face and immediately I felt the same presence that I felt in waking life only it felt stronger, madder almost. So, I went to reach out to pick him up and bam, I was totally paralysed again. Felt my body start to lift and I immediately woke from that. Come to find out I couldn't move again. Like something was on me. It felt like forever. I didn't want to open my eyes in case I seen something that I didn't want to see and scare the crap outa me. But I couldn't move, not my head. Don't know if this was my imagination, but I thought I heard some laughter. After that, I started thinking of Jesus saying his name in my head and pray, but I couldn't seem to get the word protect out. I think I said it 3 or 4 times, and then I felt my body lighten up limb by limb.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, figueroa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
I too had a strange ordeal one night and I can see one similarity with your story that sent a chill up my spine...
I could only get to a certain part of the prayer I was saying and every time the thing/evil spirit would stop me, maybe it means we were regaining control and it had to fight harder to try to subdue us.

I don't doubt for a second that you were probably chosen cause you and your partner were facing difficulties, you weren't on gaurd so to speak
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
figueroa,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I am sorry it has scared you so much. It seems the worst of what you have been through has been while you were dreaming... Both sound as if they may have ended with a case of sleep paralysis.

I find it interesting you describe feeling the 'negative energy' during a time of 'stress' between you and you Husband... And that it lifted when you had 'fixed' things between the two of you... (you put it this way)

"Then, all of a sudden, I felt this presence and I didn't like it. I felt it for about 2 weeks. Then it went away about a day before Jose and I had rid some issues we were going through. This was last week. We've been great ever since."

These may have happened due to 'stress' levels in the home. Please feel free to try this method I use for myself and Family...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
xdemonthekiller (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
If it is a evil spirit I would suggest to leave lines of salt at all entrances of you place doors windows etc. This is said to keep demons and evil spirits from entering also I would recommend no moving any mirror just blanking them out with black paint, as moving a mirror does disturb what ever lies on the other said of it. Also about your child seeing thing's I have to say this; the younger the child the more acceptable for them to see ghost's and thing's etc but as they mature and grow they should lose it. Also you should do some research and always keep a bible next to your bed. If you have a dog, they help they alert anyone if a evil spirit is near by or ghost.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
one thing that helps is leaving out bowls of white vinegar mixed with sea salt to evaporate. Also I recommend saying psalm 91 and 71 before going to bed daily as a habit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: