You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My First Home

Real Ghost Stories

My First Home

 

Most of the paranormal activity that I have experienced has occurred in my grandmother's old house in Paranaque. I was a child who always seeked for adventure with my cousins. Everyone in the house has their own experiences to share. I'm 17 years old now and despite everything that has happened, I actually miss living in the house. To give a little back ground of the house, it was one of the first houses already standing in the village. It's probably more than 35 years old now or even more. My grandmother bought it when she was still young and my mother lived there even when she was still a teenager. One of the reasons why the house was "haunted" was because of its strange floor plan. There was a hole in the middle of our indoor garden, which was at the centre of the house. To only make things worse, the house was so big that its garden could already be mistaken as a forest because of the number of trees especially Mango trees. It had many ant hills too. Everyone thought that the source for the paranormal activity was the tunnel in the middle of the house. No one really dared to go near it unless we needed to clean the garden.

When the house was still new to my grandmother, she invited a medium to check the house for anything unusual. What the medium did was ask questions while holding a paper above a candle for a certain period of time and then hold it up to check for answers. And surely, they did get answers! I don't remember most of the questions but what I remember is that she asked "What is your name?" The element replied in nice penmanship "Nita." This took place in my grandmother's room. One of the questions also was how many were they in number. I forgot the exact number, but I knew they were a lot. Soon after this we learned that there were not only elements residing in the house. There were also white ladies, black ladies, kapres, aswangs, dwarves, and others who would pay the house a visit. And it didn't stop there.

My next entries will be related to the occurrences in the house. I won't only be sharing my experiences, but also my family's.

Feel free to comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shannonchikawow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shannonchikawow (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
kamuningflyover: What does that mean? That's some deep tagalog. 😨
kamuningflyover (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
sabi nga ni master jericho "ang lagusan sa mundo ng mga halimaw".

Please share more. 😊
Shannonchikawow (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
RainLilly: Thank you! Submitted 3 stories and still writing. They haven't been published yet though. Haha that Celtic legend seems real.

Ghosttraiser: LOL. It is definitely a good place to go ghost hunting! Too bad that the house has already been renovated. Not so much paranormal activity anymore. They only make their presence felt when the land owner gets upset.
RainLilly (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
Thanks for explaining that, it sort of reminded me of a Celtic legend I read awhile back. The old deities were defeated in battle so retreated to live under hills, coming out occasionally to pester the "new management." They traveled by tunnels, and over time people stopped considering them gods and started labeling them as mischievous fairies. Your account made me wonder if the Philippines had a similar legend. I've always believed there has to be some truth in legends or they wouldn't have endured all these years.
Looking very forward to reading more of your experiences.
Ghosttraiser (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
How interesting~~ I want to get in there to have little adventures~~
Shannonchikawow (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
According to he medium we brought to our house, one of the sources of our paranormal events was that hole. It's very unusual to have a hole/tunnel in the middle of the house. All I remember was that it was deep and so dark. My cousins always joked me that if I fell in there, there was no way back. Strange right? But yes that portion of the house can be bad. Because no one exactly visits that part. It's just a deep, dark hole in the ground. And yes, it can be a gateway or another dimension. I have no idea until now. But thank god nothing has been happening recently eversince the house got renovated. Renovated except for the hole. LOL. Nothing really we can do about it than cover it up to hide it. No one really wants anything to do with it. As soon as you set foot on the garden you get this light-headed and eerie feeling that you're not welcome.
RainLilly (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I hope I don't sound too ignorant, but I am completely unfamiliar with the culture of the Philippines. What significance does the hole in the garden have? Would it be considered a sort of gateway to the spirit realm? If so, would proximity to such a gateway influence/enhance the awareness of the people living in the house? I'm sorry to pester you with questions lol, but this caught my interest.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: