You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Little Girls In The Attic

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girls In The Attic

 

My cousin & I had never really thought about it... Seeing as we were only 6 at the time. But it was summer time and we always had trouble finding a way to entertain ourselves. We always went up in the attic to play with toys that belonged to my aunt Janet and the other kids. There'd be these really old looking toys and a little rocking horse. Murran (my cousin) and meI loved it up there; we were without adults & could use our own imaginations. I don't remember the exact time that these two little girls first showed themselves. They were brunette twins, always wore the same old dresses. They would play with us every time we'd go up there. One unusual thing that I had never really thought about was the fact that they never came down stairs.

Several years later I thought back to the two little girls. I asked my mom who they were & she said she doesn't remember them. Turns out no one did. So I called Murran and asked her about it. She remembered them but her mom didn't. We talked on the phone for about an hour, trying to figure this all out. Nothing made sense...

Murran said that after aunt Janet moved out of that house, she saw the same little girls at her church. She said that they'd stare at her and wave during service. The weird thing about it was that they were wearing the exact same dresses & hadn't grown at all. We were 10, when she moved to Ohio. Aunt Janet's house was in Kentucky. So there was no way that this was just a coincidence that she'd seen them at church, 5 hours away.

The girls never showed themselves to me until 2010. I was getting on the bus at school to go home when I happened to look over and see one of the girls. The other was not there, just the one. She waved and said "Hey Sarah." I said "Hey..." back. It took me a minute to realize what I had just seen. I only saw her a few more times after that.

I'm not sure who they were or what they wanted with us. Maybe just lost souls that needed a friend... I really don't know. I'm just glad I got the chance to experience something like this. It made me believe in life after death.

Other hauntings by SarahAnne

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SarahAnne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SarahAnne (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Thanks everyone!
Girlie, No I never saw both of the girls together. Only did at my aunt's house. I'd love to go back & ask them but I don't remember where the house is or the owners. 😢
& Geetha50, you gave me some things to think about! It very well might've been that they were attached to my aunt. I would talk to her myself but she's very sick & I haven't seen her in 5 years.
❤
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
Thanks for sharing your story, and of course there are two of them in the same old dresses. It gave me the willies.
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
This is a really cool story. I am adding it to my favorites. ❤ I think they were just looking for some friends. I hope you have found peace!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
geetha50 is right about that. It could be something with the old things in the attic. But did you ever see both the girls together or just that one. Cause you might have something that special to that one twin alone. Beautiful story by the way, maybe try to talk to them if you get a chance, maybe ask them how they died.
GIRLIE ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
At first I thought the girls were attached to the house but when you mentioned that your cousin saw them in church in another state, my second thought was that they might be attached to your aunt or something your aunt owned. Some antique items are old have history to them. It was probably a favourite toy of the girls before they died. I said that they might attached to your aunt because she might be connected to them some way. She might have a been a sibling to these kids in another life time or did your aunt lose a child (ren) at birth?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: