You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Grey Face

Real Ghost Stories

The Grey Face

 

I have always been intrigued by the unknown since I was a little girl. Family members couldn't understand why and sometimes even thought I might be evil or possessed. My father is a Jehovah's Witness, and that religion didn't believe there were any spirits trapped here, that all it was is demons mocking the dead. I really don't know what to believe but soon I moved to my mom's house in the far out mountains, where I could believe my own things.

Well, I came to this website so I could share my greatest, most paranormal experience. You see, my father's side of the family is all Navajo, and I am related to many shaman (medicine men) which are very spiritually sensitive people, and I believe I have inherited that sensitive gene.

To cut to the chase, my family and I had moved out of an older house and a few years after we had moved into our new house. I was sleeping and randomly woke up in the middle of the night, shocked to what I had seen. It was a grey face, Navajo features, wrinkly and white hair that stuck out like a porcupine. Its eyes were closed and I was breathless. I had no choice but to force myself to go back to sleep.

In the morning I had awoken and realized the cold fact that this was no dream. Then a sudden realization hit me. The spirit I had previously seen was my great, great, great grandfather, Manuelito. He was the last chief of the Navajo; he led out people though the Long Walk. Was this his spirit I had seen?

The night after that I told my dad and grandmother, but they totally ignored it. Called it a dream. Of course, typical of parents but somehow the expressions on their faces told me otherwise. I told my mom about it recently and she looked shocked. She replied to my story with "Your father and grandma have seen similar things... They should understand better." Maybe they didn't want me to know something... Maybe they thought I had demons... But it was an untouched subject and I have a feeling it's going to stay that way.

Though it's been a few years now, I still have an unsettling feeling when I try to sleep, I fear waking up to that grey face again... Or something worse.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, darkangel77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

darkangel77 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
[at] geetha50
My dad became a Jehovah's Witness from meeting one of the door to door campains. My grandmother is not a witness, she has no specific belief but has been fed these things by my dad, therefore siding with him.

And I know it probably was a family member, but the fact that I can see these things brings me fear that soon again I will see something, but something different. I fear I will see something more negative. But thanks for the feedback! Xoxo DarkAngel77
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
I ask the same thing as Darkness. I know your first reaction was to be scared and shock but when you think back to it what did you feel?

I truly believe that it was your great, great, great grandfather. I think he decided to visit you because you are more open minded about the paranormal than your family.

People practicing not only the Jehovah Witnesses faith but other faiths also (especially, the older generation believers) are set in their ways. When they see something that goes against what they believe, they get scared and try to deny it and close it off. Those kind of people are hard to change and you are right in the fact that you might never get answers from your father and grandmother.

I know this is a little personal and I hope you don't take offence. If you do, I'm sorry for that but I do have to ask; you can say that curiosity killed the cat. You mentioned that your father's side of the family from a long line of Navajos but then you say that your father and grandmother are Jehovah Witnesses. These are two totally different believe systems, how it they become Jehovah Witnesses. Just asking out of curiosity, so if you are not comforting about answering, it's okay.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
I feel sorry in a way for people who are Jehovahs Witnesses, to believe everything related to the paranormal is the work of demons and the devil is atrocious, I can say this as I was one before I witnessed and experienced my own paranormal events.

Darkangel77: I do believe that what you experienced was a past loved one who came to visit you, what was the feeling you felt at the time of seeing the face?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
I don't think you should really be worried. It didn't harm you, just scared you a bit. If it really is your grandfather, then if you do see him again, think of him as family, not a face your scared of.
GIRLIE ❤
thx11 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
Sounds tome like that your spirtual intuative physique and ancestral DNA is very conflicting to your family background. The same is the problem with the Christendelphiands and the Adevntsit groups who sought a compromsie between the American age of human rationalie with bibleical truth and reasoning - a very stupid self-contridcition in it self! For when is any bibical and morally accliamed authoratively religious text and connology based on the life of a claimed autobiography of religious founders ever consistnely logically and able to expaln the mystries of the spirit world? The same is underyling problem with Islam.

This is why I quitted from all religiouly based fundamntalist sciptual contextual organisation and got into Sukio Mahikari or the Japanese true light giving sect with its electic Eastern religious orders of Shintoism, Yin yang t corss and Buddhism to get some help and better and more agreeable frinds to asscaite with.Thus, I will like-wise advise you to do the same instead of helplessly combating and coping with all the dissances you have exprienced.

And Remember! - all religious are only man-made truths, believes and a value system or for a better Japanese scientific terminology a psudeo truth - No one can claim to be fully enligthed and have all the answers to the meaning of life and the mysteries of the universe which is why us humans as living earthings are destined to be huanted by strange apparations and true imcomprehensive mystical encounters from the twilight zone we call ghosts and aliens apparations!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: