You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Cousin Andrew

Real Ghost Stories

Cousin Andrew

 

These are events that my family have told me. I may retell them slightly wrong, but I can assure you that these happened.

My cousin died about 7 years ago, when I was 7 years old from Prostate cancer. My family went to Dublin to spread his ashes.

So, my auntie told me this.

She has a bench in her garden dedicated to Andrew, where she likes to sit and think about him. She was sat there one day and a bumble bee was on the bench. The bee didn't leave her side. Then, she got up to go into the kitchen to make a drink, and when she got in the kitchen, the bee had followed her and sat on the kitchen side. Then, she went back outside with her drink and sat on the bench; the bee had again followed her and sat on the bench!

Our family believes that Andrew is now a part of every bumble bee. I know it sounds slightly strange. When we talk about him, a bumble bee appears. Also, my mum told me that they went to the park to see a concert, and decided to let off some Chinese lanterns for Andrew, and a bee sat on the picnic blanket with them. It could be a coincidence, but I think not.

Andrews sister (my cousin) had a son about 2 years after Andrew died. Kerry named him Joshua. Now, he has been described as a 'spitting image' of Andrew. Also, Joshua recognizes pictures of Andrew, even though he never met him, and when he was a baby, he would stare at pictures of Andrew. Joshua has a freckle on his foot, in the same place Andrew did too.

My mum told me that one day, she was hovering in my bed room, and could sense something behind her. She turned around and saw a figure of a man hiding behind the door. She said it was probably Andrew messing around trying to make her jump.

We have a photograph of him downstairs, and it used to be hanging up on the wall. No matter how many times mum would put it straight, it would always slant sideways. Mum says it's Andrew trying to annoy her.

I think that Andrew is still with us in some ways, which is a nice thing to think. But most people think our family is stupid to believe this, and that they are all just coincidences, but I don't believe they are, because they wouldn't happen so often, and all relate with each other!

If any of you have experienced anything like this after a loved one has died, please can you tell me about it, I would be interested to know if anything like this has ever happened to anyone else, so I can see if it's just coincidence or not c:

Other hauntings by lauracanflyy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lauracanflyy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
When my adopted father died of prostate cancer, I stayed in their house with my two boys because we lived out of town at the time so we were in town for the funeral. There we were alone in the house I went in the other room being Muslim I went too say my evening prayers. My boys were in the living room watching T V while I was praying the window shade went up really fast with a flap flap flap I continued praying but I'll tell you a chill went up my spine and my boys were in the room I was in like a shot my younger one begging me too hurry and finish my prayers. I told them it was their grand father saying good bye.

My adopted mother was in the hospital at the same time my adopted father was she was let out for the funeral but had to go back after. She died shortly after her husband of congested heart failure. At her wake the one were only family can be there I was looking at the coffin from my seat across the room there was no one near it at the time and all of a sudden three flowers moved in the arrangement by her head and there were no fans on in the room nor air conditioner on or windows open I kept quiet but all of a sudden my younger boy said too his older brother "did you see that? " the answer was yes and my nephew spoke up to say he saw it too they all talked about how the flowers moved this is something I know she would do because she loved flowers she used to grow them. I believe that our love ones do come to let us know they are o k. Thank you for writing sorry my comment was so long.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
lauracanfly - I loved reading this account.
Words of 'wisdom' - The people who think you are stupid to believe this are like the good old owls, who don't know what sunlight is.

Cheers and thanks for sharing!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
lauracanflyy,
What a beautiful account! And I agree with your family. I have a friend that shows up as a butterfly. I don't care what others might think of that, I know it to be the truth. ❤
Thank for reminding me. 😊

Jav ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Lauracanfly: What a lovely account, sorry for your loss, I have no doubt in my mind that this Andrew giving you signs that he is still with you and your family looking over you all. I understand how great the feeling is inside when you get witness these events. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
MsRevz80 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Hi Lauracanflyy!
What a great account! I have read that when people pass over to the other side, they are able to manipulate animals (or in this case, insects), whatever brings comfort to their family to show that they are still around. I see this as your cousin Andrew reaching out to you and your family and definitely letting you know he is very much alive and well!:)
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
I kind of agree with shellzy. When a person dies, they are not bound to a particular body. So they can come back in a form that brings comfort to the family.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Hi Lauracanfly

I don't think your family is strange at all. My friend had a son who sadly died of Lukemia and she has had similar experiences but with butterflies. Just my opinion, but I think that it is a symbol that the persons spirit is free and happy and just letting the family members know that they are still around.

Thanks for sharing 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: