You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ghostly Bedfellows

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Bedfellows

 

I often chose not to share many of my experiences, for the fear that some would think that I was losing my mind (like my mother), possessing a very active imagination or just making up stories for attention. However, after much research online I came to realize that I shared many of the same experiences with others.

I have had many unexplained or what some may classify as paranormal experiences since I was 13 years old. As I've gotten older I have come to accept them, having a better understanding of what was taking place. Therefore, I never found myself being afraid or alarmed, however, as of a few nights ago this has all changed. For the first time I can honestly say I am scared witless. And as a new mother of a 1 1/2 year old I've noticed that these experiences have become more intense especially when I was pregnant.

Now I know the rules about not inviting the dead (spirits) or attempting to open communication or unwanted portals to the dead (spirits) so Ouija boards or holding séances are a no no. Therefore, I never engaged in that. However, five days ago I did perform this little ritual some are now telling me was a séance, although it was just me myself and I and I always thought a group was needed for séances. So I saw no harm in it.

In this ritual you are to turn off all lights except for a few candles lit sit in the chair, bed or where ever completely silent and still/relaxed also everything around you completely silent. With a pen or pencil in your opposite hand (of which you normally write with) and a piece of paper. You clear all thoughts in your mind and just take in the silence. With the amount of time it takes for this to happen varying you would then become overwhelmed by something and began writing this message (with no knowledge of what you're writing whatsoever) from whomever's communicating with you. And this actually happened! This message that was shockingly legible to read considering I wrote with my left hand and I'm right-handed read, "Sleep well my love!"

Now, every night since then around 4am I am awaken by someone or something quiet heavy in size leaving by bed because it would shift the bed completely. I normally sleep alone but would sometimes be accompanied by my daughter who weighs 24 lbs. So I know without a doubt it's not her. And on a few occasions I've felt my faced caressed and a voice whisper my love in my ear. I now sleep with the lights on and my daughter in the bed.

Other hauntings by LydiaJoi10

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LydiaJoi10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

27flowers (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Hi Lydia. Just checking back on this experience you shared to see if your situation is still the same or changed in any way. Did you try the shielding/cleansing method? Hope all is well with you and your daughter and you are sleeping well. I've always thought "as long as they don't bother me in my sleep I'm happy" thank god I've not had any interruptions as obvious as yours so far:)

Regards,
Flowers
tempestmoong (3 stories) (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
From the information that I have always found on automatic writing it would be considered just as bad as the ouji board.
I have never used any of those things myself. They actually creep me out.
I have known people who had done those things and had bad experiences after. Hope you figure everything out and that you and your daughter are safe and well ❤ 😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Hi Lydia, No thanks necessary. It was just a nasty "Troll" making VERY inappropriate remarks!
They have since been removed from the site. (Thank goodness) 😊
Unfortunately, I didn't have anything helpful to say to you, but had to intercede when I saw the remark.
I wish you all of the best. I still struggle to see that it could be your grand-father, if he tried to get into bed with you?!
I have never experienced automatic writing myself ~ sorry.
LydiaJoi10 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Hello again Javelina (I really like your name), anyway... Well, To answer your first question, yes I did feel different. There was this calm that came over my body that was kind of like nice little high, like when you get buzzed but not completely intoxicated. And this is in no way suggesting that I was under any kind of substance. And I would say that I did feel a presence at the time as far as my hand what was odd about that was considering I was writing with my opposite hand (the left hand) the message was quite legible and felt like I was writing with normal (right-handed hand).

Hello dmcloren, Thanks for reading and enjoying my story. No offense taken regarding your questions and to answer them. Yes, my daughter's father is around and plays an active role in her life
(if that's what you were referring too), however, we do not live together and he was not there that night when she mentioned that. I do believe that this presence is my late Grandfather, whom I was very close with but then again not to sure of that or as to why he would be gettin in bed with me 😕. In addition, I was told that this 'automatic writing' was a form of meditation and a tool to recieve messages, guidance, or a word of advice from a trusted loved one that has past that you to wish to communicate with again. And I'm thinkin that I may have did that.

And just curious as to what I missed... What was this comment that Mr. Ghosstraiser suppose to had said? I appreciate Fergie checking him for me, LOL!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Ghosttraiser: If you think these encounters are boring, please go somewhere else to get your kicks!
These people come here for help, & don't need this type of comment on their posts! 😐
dmcloren (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Hi, Lydia. I am new to this site... Really enjoyed your story. Got a little chill when I read that your toddler called the presence "Daddy"! This made me curious as to whether her father is around...? Don't mean to get personal, sorry. Do you have any idea who the presence might be? It seems to care for you and not mean harm. But I would think that if you don't want it around you could say "thank you but I would like you to leave now" or something to that effect.

I am also interested in automatic writing and would have never considered it in the category with a seance; however, I guess you are opening the door to something to come through you. I guess I always assumed it would be my spirit guide... But should I try it I will be specific as to whom I wish to communicate with!

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to updates.

Peace,
Delan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
LydiaJoi,
Thank you for answering my questions. I have a couple more, if you don't mind. It's just that automatic writing really fascinates me.
Did you feel any different while you were writing? Was it like someone was there with you? What about the hand you wrote with during this experiment, did it feel any different than any other time while you were writing?
Thank you Lydia, I'm glad you came back to answer questions about this.

Jav 😊
LydiaJoi10 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
Javelina,
Thanks for reading my story, your questions are appreciated. Well the reason I decided to try this ritual I now know is called, 'automatic writing' is because it was suggested by a friend who did it to communicate with a lost loved one and said it worked with no bad experiences from doing it. I suppose my intended goal was to see if there was truely someone else coexisting with me and my daughter in our new home because of previous experiences we've had since moving in.

Taz, thank you for reading and enjoying my story. Yes, I chopped it all up to being a hormonal thing when I experienced the things I did during my pregnancy. However, some things just could not be easily explained as a result of a pregnancy hormone-induced delusion as others experienced them along with me. Those experiences would make for very good stories to share on here in the future😊.

Rookdygin, Thank you so much for the home cleansing/shielding recipe. I would surely be performing this for I really think it will help me and make me feel more at ease especially at night. Since the initial post of my story I've still had the nightly visits. Just last night while being awaken by the shifiting of my bed (once again) my daughter was in the bed with me and apparently awakened as well. When checking on her, my daughter turned to me and said, "daddy went bye bye."
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
LydiaJoi10,
What you take from the message depends on how you read it. It could be absolutely benign, or it could be unwanted attention.
What I find curious, is that you did it at all. I don't know why, but it makes me wonder what compelled you to try it to begin with. What were you looking for when you started it? Did you have a goal in mind? A person you were hoping to connect with perhaps? Did you personally know anyone else that had tried it?
I'm sorry if my questions seem invasive. I am only looking for answers to what compels people to try these things.

Jav
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
lydiajoi10, what an amazing post thank you for sharing.
I have heard that people that can and do have spiritual experiences/sightings do notice an increase when pregnant, some put it down to the hormones and emotional changes with~in the body making the person moe receptibale to the acctivity.
And have to say that if you do feel the need for the protection mentioned by rookgin you can not have any better advice given on here, he is well respected and the clensing has helped a lot of people on here.
All the best
Taz
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
What you attempted and sounds like succeeded in doing is called Automatic Writing. It's not so much a séance as it is an you opening yourself to the 'influence' of a Spirit so that you 'write' for them... Or in extreme cases you write as them... It seems yours was the former as it does not sound as if this spirit took control of your hand or body...

If you are really worried about yourself and your daughter you may want to try this Cleansing/Shielding Method that I use for my Home and Family...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: