You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted Artist

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Artist

 

My name is Caterina, and in 1996, my husband and I bought a little house at a beach in Florida. From the first night we moved in, we had problems. My daughter came screaming from her room saying a man was standing by her bed, and he floated into her bedroom through the living room wall. Neither my husband nor I had ever believed ghost stories, so we chalked it off to our daughter's creative imagination. We assured her that there is no such thing as ghosts, and I went back to her room with her until she fell asleep. We figured all this emotion was about spending her first night in a new house.

As the months went by, more things happened. Things moved by themselves. Televisions, lights, and fans went on and off by themselves. My husband and I heard someone calling our names. I heard doors slam, and footsteps through the house and up in the attic. When I invited guests over, they saw a man walking through the house. Thinking it was my husband coming home from work, they talked to the man. After he disappeared in front of them, several friends and family never visited again. I went to my neighbours and questioned them about my house, and they told me that three houses on the street have the same problems including theirs. Later, I found out from investigators, this is known as a cluster haunting.

This was before the days of ghost hunter shows. Personally, I was beginning to worry about my mental health. Then, one evening I watched a show called Ghost Hunters. I was amazed the first time I heard EVP's. I was floored when I saw something peek over the side of the railing at the St. Augustine Lighthouse. Months later, our local news station broadcast a story about Ghost Hunters International personality Dustin Pari at the St. Augustine lighthouse conducting an investigation. My husband and I got into our car and drove to the lighthouse which is about a half hour from here. Luckily, the investigation had drawn to a close, and Dustin was resting on the lighthouse keeper's porch. We talked for a few minutes, and he recommended a team investigate our house.

A very professional paranormal investigating team named CAPE Paranormal, Inc., from Orlando, Florida, investigated the house. They had quite a few personal experiences during the investigation, dozens of EVP's, many of them very clear, and recordings of clicks, papers rattling, things moving, and loud knock's. Their conclusion is the house is definitely haunted.

I was frightened out of my mind. To be confronted with something I didn't believe was real and possibly contradicted what I had been taught by my religion, was more than uncomfortable. My immediate reaction was to call in an ordained minister and have the house blessed... Smoked out... Whatever one does to get rid of these things. All the investigators I spoke with said the members of the household should be in agreement. We were not. My family felt that if we had them banished, it was like condemning someone of a crime before they committed it. They wanted to leave our unseen guests alone. Since that time, I have decided not to do anything unless forced to by the spirits' behaviour.

About a year after this, a paranormal television show filmed a program at the house. After each investigation, the house and spirits got stirred up. Lights and televisions went on by themselves. Things fell over in my art room. A glass framed picture flew off a shelf and crashed to the floor on the opposite side of the room. Loud knocking on doors, doorknobs rattling, and voices were heard. After a few weeks, things calmed down, and I decided not to allow any more investigations. After the show aired, paranormal teams and individuals wanted to visit my house, but I declined their requests. However, after thinking on these requests for over a year, one request in particular to put a ghost cam in the most active room, my art room, I decided on the web cam. This way, paranormal teams and armchair ghost hunters could watch the web cam and listen for EVP's without disturbing our family or the ghosts. I must still work in my studio during the day, but at times, paranormal activity happens while I paint.

I didn't really expect much from a web cam, but once again I was surprised. The first night the camera was on, we heard the female spirit singing, lots of whispering, talking, footsteps, my brushes and pencils rattling in their holders, saw balls of light, and a shadow sitting in my desk chair. My home seems to be a paranormal investigator's dream, but a homeowner's nightmare.

One investigator who is the audio tech for a paranormal television show said, "I took the liberty of listening to your audio off the webcam. In all my experience of doing audio I have never heard what I heard from your studio, except once when I did the Mud House audio. Very few people are aware of the phenomenon that I have named/labelled as "Sounds beyond Silence" Only a few choice audio analysts know of it. I witnessed/heard it at the Mud house and now again in your audio. In this phenomenon, the veil between life and death is so thin that one can actually hear the sounds beyond silence in the death realm. Whole conversations on the other side will be heard but not audible. I wouldn't doubt that you have experienced many active spirits throughout your home"

Some people warn me that my house is dangerous. Others tell me the spirits here are human, although occasionally mischievous, are harmless. This is the only house I have ever or will ever own. I really don't know who to believe, so I will just sit here and wait for "the other shoe to drop!"

Caterina Lionti

Local Haunts JAX BEACH RESIDENCE Part 1 of 4

Local Haunts JAX BEACH RESIDENCE Part 2 of 4

Local Haunts JAX BEACH RESIDENCE Part 3 of 4

Local Haunts JAX BEACH RESIDENCE Part 4 of 4

Also, if people want to see and hear for themselves, they can go to my web site and watch the ghost cam. It is rather fascinating and I must admit creepy. You will find the cam at:

www.hauntedartist.com

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Caterina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Caterina,
Thank you for sharing!
These pieces of evidence are very intriguing. I like that you put it up for public scrutiny. It means a lot to the paranormal community that these things are shared freely. It helps to advance the science and keep things running in a forward direction. I can understand you not wanting to stir things up around you. You've made a good choice in having the webcam open to public view. Thank you so much for taking that leap in faith! And if it hasn't been a problem, so much the better.
You are opening yourself up to the naysayers and believers. And I for one, applaud you for it. Thank you again.

Jav 😊
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Hi Caterina

While I am not doubting at all that you have spirits in your house, I found that 95% on these recorded "EVP'S" on the ghost hunter show were completely indistinguishable and could interpreted as absolutely anything. The show seemed to want to go with a certain theme (eg a sprirt "wanting" the female investigator") so the EVP's seemed to be "interpreted" to go with the flow of what they wanted to portray to the audience. For the vast majority of these 'voices' recorded I could only hear a faint clicking sound but maybe that's just me...

If 5 different people were given these recordings to listen to and were asked to interpret what was said, I am pretty sure you would get 5 different responses as people sometimes tend to hear what they want to hear.

The EVP's recorded were of very "modern" sounding people (Im not saying that all spirits have to be old and talk in an old fashioned sense) but it just seemed a little put on to me...

That's not to say that I don't think your house is haunted and there are audibles present. I don't want to sound harsh or try in any way to discredit your experiences as obviously I haven't expereinced what you have but the above is purely my opinion.

Thanks for sharing
😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
fantastic post caterina, will be popping back when I can get to view the videos (at work so cant😒)
Have to say I loved this post, and glad that your ok with your visitors, and are not planning to get rid of them.
Have to ask have you ever talked to them?
Just a thought, but I do know that talking to them can reduce the activity, it is like the spirits only mess about when they know your there and want you to show them you know they are there too, worth a try if your ok with it.
Thanks again
Taz
VanessaDavenport (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
this is true not like the rest and interested... Wow I mean when I saw the videos I was amazied a little scared (what am I talkng about I was scared)
BigBaby (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
Hey Caterina,
I believe in ghosts, and I really do believe your story, but that evidence is LAME.
Those EVP's are so indistinct that they could be interpreted to be saying anything. Or nothing.
Nowadays every fool with a night-vision camera is a ghost hunter, yet nobody can provide any good, solid evidence. Why is that?
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
I think another thing to call your house could be a portal time thing. It like a stop where ghost can go back and foreworth, though this world and the otherside. It would cause a lot of activity like the guy said. I wouldn't be scared of them, I agree with your friends who said that their humans in a other state of being.
I sure there is nothing to fear, young grasshopper, just something to be annoyed by. πŸ˜‰
GIRLIE ❀
thx11 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
Mind you that there is such a thing as an elcetronic ghost these days and yes, ghost can be caught on film leaving some king of oozing liquid behind on the negative and go on cable Tv as well. So high way to hell is no tv paranormal ficiton. It is real and not to be filmded with for entertainment either!

Let me warn you too thst ghsot do not like being caught on film on v or on in a paly and being exposed either!

Have you guys out there ever heard of the curse of Macbeth? This phenomena does occur. It is no local supertition or film gossip. It happends every time when a theathre production puts on the story line of the three withes. Strange and unexpected accidents start to occur with pros flying out in the air, ropes cutting loose and dropping things causing many who actually have died toallty be accidents during rehearsals.

This comment from thx11 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
I liked your story I have not been able to share last night was my second try maybe I'm not submitting it right. Anyway I have many experiences of my own. We my daughter and I used to live in a house that was built in 1924 it was haunted. My feeling has always been well they lived here long before we ever did and I just left them alone. I'm also an artist and I wouldn't like anything to happen to my work so if they mess with things you don't want touched just tell them to leave your things alone and they should leave them alone. Our ghost turned on our T V first time at 4 am real load really scared me one time when I was really tired it turned it on at 1 am I said "now that's enough we humans have to sleep " and for a while the messing with the T V stopped. So no worries I say if they are not harming you leave them be. Thank you so much for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: