You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: I Think I'm Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

I Think I'm Haunted

 

I had a traumatic event take place when I was around 17, but certain things have been going on a lot longer. I would say, since I was around the age of 4 from what my family has told me.

The first experience I had that I can fully remember was right after my long time family friend's husband's funeral. He had died of a heart attack the week before (At the time I lived in California and I was 9). I was having a rough time coping with his death as we were all very close and he was a wonderful man so my grandparents whom had custody of me let me sleep on the couch they had in their bedroom, which also had an adjoining bathroom that also had another door on the other side leading into the kitchen.

I woke up and saw him clear as day standing in the doorway to the bathroom and smiling. Because I had just woken up I was having trouble processing what I was actually seeing so I believed it to be my grandfather, but then I realized he was snoring away in his bed right next to my grandmother. I had to squint to be able to tell it was the man who we had just buried not even 2 days before. He turned away from me when I sat up and was gone. I felt this was his only way to say goodbye to me. I still cry thinking of this event as this is probably the last time I'll see him in my entire life.

Between this and my next memorable experience I had seen plenty of things just walking down to the street to the corner mart with friends to get some candy, which we did daily. I had seen animals walking around that couldn't have possibly still been alive. Even a few people just stumbling around and then as soon as I turn to look at them directly have vanished.

When I was 12 we than moved to South Carolina and bought a house that was built in the 1950s from the daughter of a woman whose mother had just passed away and her father had been long deceased. The first experience I had ever had there was hearing footsteps coming from the attic at night while everyone was asleep and an ominous feeling that I was being watched and followed no matter where I went in that house, whether it is in the house or on the property itself.

Once while walking around outside with headphones in and my iPod nano in my pocket, a large black dog had started to chase me down and when I looked back to see if it was still chasing after me it was gone. Not too long after this me, my sister, and a friend had heard someone talking in our basement only to find it empty. There was a loud booming sound that sent us running back upstairs instantly. We had also found a very old necklace in my bedroom one day and it had gone missing not too long after we had found it.

A few years after this me and one my friends were the only one in the house when the toilet flushed of its own accord. Then we heard footsteps coming towards my bedroom. We took of outside and didn't come back inside for hours until the rest of my family had come home. During those hours we would hear someone knock on the windows and a few times we even saw someone looking out at us. Another time we looked inside and saw a dark shadow standing in front of the mirror that was opposite the window. Small experiences I won't mention since this will be a long story anyways happened in the following years until I turned 17. I had a very traumatic experience where someone had tried to end my life and I ended up having to defend myself, killing this person in the process which, even though totally justified, I am not proud of. And I won't go into the details of mine and this man's relationship here.

After this I felt like I was being watched almost constantly and always had a feeling that someone or something was after me and I was told that was PTSD which I can admit is possible, even until now but I'm 100% sure myself that is not the issue. I moved in with my boyfriend when I was 19 and never really had too many problems at his house besides a few odd things happening like my razor falling from its usual perch in the shower. After breaking things off with him after 3 years I started dating someone I had been friends with for the past 2 years.

We moved in together into an apartment and all I ever felt there was an ominous feeling. But then we moved into the apartment we live in now and even weirder things have begun to happen besides just these feelings and things moving of their own accord and doors opening all on their own.

While investigating these strange occurrences my sister saw a dark shadow move across one of the bedrooms, but I didn't see this as I was still in the hallway. Her EMF reader and my PKE detector were going absolutely wild. I will also mention that in my apartment there are what appears to be blood spatter on the ceiling that the managers have tried to cover but keeps coming through and a poorly patched bullet hole in one of our cabinet doors. About 6 months after moving in I had this dream I will never forget and still scares me beyond anything else I have ever experienced. And I will go ahead and mention that me and my sister shared this dream that night.

I was watching her 2 boys (one is 2 and the other is 1) and the youngest had died while in my care. Not sure how. All of a sudden his corpse was walking around and acting just like his older brother, even had the same eye colour. The oldest' are green and the youngest' are brown. I called my sister and told her what was happening and she came over. I went to check on the older of the 2 boys and when I saw him I stopped cold. His eyes were a dirty yellow colour and all I felt was evil coming off of him. I woke up terrified and couldn't go back to sleep.

Lately though, for the past few days, I've been feeling an even more ominous presence around me that has been keeping me up at night and I am scared to death of it. Out of the corner of my eye just yesterday I saw the man who had attempted to murder me out of the corner of my eye and felt like I was being watched or followed. I have this feeling all the time now and I'm pretty sure this is who this entity is and I'm not sure whether to be worried or shrug it off. HELP

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kmkinna1988, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
❤ guilt is a hard emotion to get rid of for sure. My sister lost her oldest son at age 18 and my sister was at a party with her ex-boyfriend when her youngest son found his brother dead. Her guilt has led her to suicide a few times, The only thing that has saved my sister has been the love of her family and remaining 2 kids and counciling that deals with the issue of her guilt that she is dealing with to this day. He passed away in 2005. He died in his sleep
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
kimkinna: Have you ever visited this other person's grave?...Maybe it would be therapy to go lay some flowers, or just go tell them you're sorry... I know you were justified, but the fact that you still feel guilty tells me you haven't forgiven yourself yet... Of course, don't do something like that until you talk to your doctors and find out if they think it would do you any harm...

I can't say for sure if any of this is him, but it seems likely... If going to his grave would be too difficult, try talking to him in private... Direct your apology TO him and don't ask for answers back... Let him know you are going on with your life and he's no longer welcome to be a part of it, and it's time he moves on...

Rook's cleansing method is a great tool for bringing more positivity into your life... Sorry you're going through this... Please keep us posted... ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
kmkinna,
I wish I could tell you something that would assuage that guilt. But sadly, I am lost in that regard. I only know that if it came down to you or him, you did what you had to do. It was forced upon you, you did what you had to do to survive.
I wish I could take that feeling away for you. 😢

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Good for you hun! If your doctors have cleared you, who am I to say anything. You are a brave woman, and a warrior of the first order. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. It isn't easy, and I do understand. ❤
But go ahead with Rooks recipe, it does bring peace of mind.

Jav 😊
kmkinna1988 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Jav. I don't see PTSD being the main issue anymore since this happened 7 years ago and I was able to finally get off the medications 3 years ago. I was finally cleared which I should have mentiond, but the guilt is definitely still there.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

This method has been used by many of us here. It is a passive/non-aggressive approach. It doesn't cause things to worsen, it is designed specifically not to.

Jav ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
kmkinna,
The first thing you need to do is take care of the PTSD issue. Until you have gotten help with that issue, it is going to continue to be a weight around your neck. It's hard to know what is what in this matter because of that question hanging in the air. I realize it can be many things, but to get the most obvious one out of the way first is just common sense.
The guy that tried to end your life, and you ended his instead? Yeah, I would have to agree that he is most likely your number one candidate for these strange goings on. But remember that he had a pretty tragic end and may just be wandering around you because of familiarity. He cannot do anything more than scare you. But fear is a very powerful weapon. And he sounds like the type.
I believe using Rook's cleansing and shielding recipe would serve you well here. The sooner the better too! I'll post it up for you in the following post.

Jav
kmkinna1988 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Okay was uneventful. At the same time as I was taking a hot cookie sheet out of the oven I felt someone push me and now I have two quarter sized burns on my left arm.
kmkinna1988 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Today has been rather uneventful, but that could be because my boyfriend has been home all day and my sister was also here. He seems to only come around a lot more when I'm either alone or the only one awake when everyone else has gone to sleep. Not sure what to think about that.
dwyoung77 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Wow...Your story is so wonderfully written. I agree with GAC_Fan_2012. I would seek immediate help. This presence just may want to do you harm.
GAC_Fan_2012 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Wow. You're story is absolutely amazing. You seem like a very strong person to be able to handle all of this. I'm going to go ahead and say that I think you're definitely a sensitive, someone who comes into contact with the spirit world easily. I also believe a dark entity is following you. I wouldn't say its demonic however. It very well may be the man who tried to end your life. He is still lingering and following you. I know that is a terrifying thought. I would suggest getting immediate help, maybe from the church or conduct a blessing of the home you are currently in. Stories like yours really inspire me to follow my dream to become a paranormal investigator and help people in need. Thank you so much for sharing and keep us updated. Best of luck and stay safe ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: