You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Judy The Doll

Real Ghost Stories

Judy The Doll

 

I've never been a believer in ghosts but recent incidents have led me to this website where I hope I will entice you to answer my questions regarding a startling paranormal phenomenon occurring in the Daily household.

My name is Jofranka Jaelle Daily and am married to my husband Jurg. He is Russian and moved to America when he was seventeen in hopes of joining the army but later decided to become an accountant and both of my parents moved from Germany a week before I was born. My life is (was) fairly quiet. I have five amazing children; Luminitsa (15), Sergei (14), Orva (13). Burian (6) and Odile (4). We live in Ohio, in a relatively small community with a vast variety of European ethnicities. I've always been a small-town girl so I found this new home extremely accepting.

My first paranormal experience started around the time when my husband got his new job at a small accounting agency on the outskirts of town in what we small-town folks like to call "the big city". My family had just moved to Ohio from Washington State and the kids were adapting quite well to their new school. About a week in to the move I was reading a book in the very small alone time I have between kissing my husband goodbye and picking up the kids (this is what I like to call the glorious invention called "school"). I was reading when I heard a clammer in the laundry room and what I thought was that a picture Jurg had hung up fell, being that he is no handy man. But then I started to doubt it as the noise sounded like it hit the floor as metal. When I entered the room I didn't see anything on the floor but a doll, one of those old Victorian ones. It was cloth with a sewn dress and yarn hair. I automatically assumed it was one of Odile's since she is an avid collector of dolls, no matter what kind. I returned it to her room and thought nothing more of it.

The week after that when the children were at school I heard another noise, this one a knocking at the door. What struck me as odd is that it was not the front door or even the back one; it was coming from inside Odile's room. My immediate thought was that Luminitsa had tried to skip school again and had gotten herself locked in. Surely she just needed to use the restroom. However, when I opened the door I didn't see Luminitsa or any of my children for that matter. Instead, the only thing out of place was that Odile's doll was placed on her bed instead of the dresser where I had left. But that didn't strike me as odd as I just assumed Odile had been playing with it and hadn't returned it to its proper spot, meaning that she'd be given a stern talking to after school.

I had forgotten, of course, to talk to my daughter, because that was the day Jurg came home from work and told me he had lost his job. That was also the day he told me he was leaving me, right in front of the children, and I flew in to my bedroom in a hysterical fit. Upon entering my foot caught something and I fell to the floor. I had slipped on one of Jurg's collared shirts and as I went to throw it at the window in a blind fit of rage I stopped mid-motion to gasp in horror as the doll had mysteriously moved itself from Odile's room to my windowsill. However, I was too busy to do anything about it.

Now here is where my story started getting far too startling for me. While Sergei was at soccer practice and Orva was at violin practice, Luminitsa was over at a friend's house which left me with Burian and Odile. The two were playing in Odile's room when I heard the phone frantically ringing. I ran to the kitchen to pick it up before the line went dead when I realized that phone wasn't ringing. I stopped dead in my tracks and I could just feel the colour drain from my face as I slowly trudged towards the sound. As I opened Odile's room the noise got louder.

"Gosh, Mommy, pick up the phone, would you?" I remember Odile saying. She pointed to her bed where the phone was laying. I just remember dragging myself to Odile's bed but not being able to pick the phone up, despite the ringing. That was because my family only has one phone that ALWAYS stays in the kitchen regardless. That is because that phone is a cord phone, attached to the wall. This was a different kind of phone. It was the one I used to have as a teenager that should have taken its rightful place in my parent's garage down in Florida.

You must remember that I have NEVER believed in ghosts or the paranormal or whatever you like to call it. But the first chance I got I let my best friend Crissy watch the kids as I drove all the way to my folk's house. When my parents got me to sit down on the couch and tell my story I just burst in to tears.

"What doll was it again?" my mother had asked me. I described the type of fabric the dress was made of and the colour yarn the hair was. "You mean this doll?" my mother had said. Then she showed me a picture in a box my father had brought down from the attic. It was me at age seven holding that same exact doll posing goofily with my older brother Jem and my two twin little sisters Julee and Carter. Behind us was a man I didn't recognize. I remember my father cursing and snatching the picture from my mother's hands. He said something along the lines of, "Well gosh darn it, Pansy (my mother's name), lookie who it is right here."

My mother said, "Well I'll be, Cheslav (my father's name)!" At that point I was hysterical and just begged them to tell me what was going on. My father asked if I knew who the man was in the picture and I said no. My father then went on to explain that it was my Uncle Ben who was making a funny face behind the four of us. I don't have an Uncle Ben.

But my father insisted I did. He said my Uncle Ben died when he was 35 of a heart attack on a golf course the day before my father's wedding to his first wife, Arjean. Jem's mother is Arjean and Julee, Carter and I belong to my father's second wife, Pansy (just to clear things up). I asked why my father never brought him up but he said there was no need to. As soon as we went through a whole stack of new photos, any time that doll showed up in my arms, Uncle Ben was standing behind me with a kind and warm smile on his face.

But I don't remember ever getting the doll and my old parents cannot remember how I came in to possession of that. Until just last month. It turns out that the doll belonged to my grandmother who used to be a medium and tarot card reader. It was passed to my mother, Pansy, but she never played with dolls and must have given it to me. Upon finding out this information I contacted my father and he laughed on the other end of the phone. We carried on a conversation, me in Ohio and him in Florida, for a good hour or so until Odile came in to the living room. After a few "Mommy's" I finally asked her why she was interrupting me. She said, "Judy's back and I don't like her. She keeps singing to me and she isn't very good." Then Odile looked to her side and brought her fingers over her lips. "Hush, Judy, and go away. I told you I'd tell my mother on you if you kept this up." I just smiled because Odile has dozens of imaginary friends. Didina is her imaginary school teacher, Justyne is a mean imaginary girl who picks on her if she eats her vegetables (which is her excuse not to eat them) and Zory is her imaginary boyfriend (at the times they aren't "fighting").

The voice on the other line said, "Oh, I see Odile is playing with Judy." I laughed and thought obviously Odile had called him and told him about her newest imagination. I just agreed and carried on.

That was when my father stepped out of the bathroom and asked who I was talking to. I had forgotten he had flown over with my mother to stay with us for the week. So who was the person I was talking to? I don't know because the line went dead after I figured out I was on my old teenage phone again, the one I had left down in Florida. And in Odile's hand was that doll. I remember telling Odile to drop that thing and that it wasn't welcomed in the house. "It's okay, Mommy, this doll won't hurt anyone." I asked her if the doll was Judy. "Once," Odile said, "before she got out." Got out of what, I had asked her. An insane asylum? Prison? What? "Out of the doll, silly!"

Jurg moved back in the house and since then Odile has seemed to have "misplaced" the doll. But my old phone shows up time and time again and rings even though the wire had been snapped long ago. I'm just afraid of this Judy who my youngest daughter keeps talking to. Orva has claimed to have seen her once, too, in the living room, talking to Odile in a very low whisper. But I honestly need help here since I am unfamiliar with anything paranormal. I just don't know what to do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jo5812, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
That is one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. I can definitely imagine it being a demon, but I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that I would do your best to convince your daughter to not converse with whoever it is. Because it's clearly taunting you.
na700037 (1 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
I totally agree that this is a case of demonic possession, it most likely started a few weeks before you noticed anything, probably attracted by the negative emotions that youre ex husband was having

Please post what happens to you
Theonewhoknows (17 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-08-05)
Hey there,
Jo,you have an entity in your house! Wash out the idea of your daughter having imaginary friends. This friend Judy is not imaginary, nor is it a female spirit.
Your old collectibles showing up at your new home is something that must not be taken lightly.
Do not let Odile interact with Rudy.
Let me tell you this, It is not your uncle Ben that haunts you, nor is it a girl named Rudy.
Its a Demon!
From what you've said, its clear that the demon has already started infesting your home.

I am Sorry I cannot post in detail at the moment, because I am running a little short on time. Ill shall get back to this matter as soon as possible.

Read my previous posts, its a request, as you are in trouble now. My previous posts will fill you with information you need about identifying a demonic presence.

Ill surely get back to this!

Take care!
God Be With you!
Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-05)
my question is how did you answer the old phone, not realizing so and also begin talking to your father whom you said was there visiting you. Id this were to happen to me I would have been like "there goes that old phone again" and when I realized it was my dad I would ask him where he's calling from knowing that he is somewhere in the house. This is the only part that made no sense to me, unless I missed something or misread. Please clarify. Great read other than that small part though.
paranormal_alex (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
Hello jo5812,

Your experiences are truly terrifying! I am very interested to learn more about your story. I am a television producer for a show called 'Paranormal Witness' on the Syfy Channel. If possible I would love the opportuntiy to speak with you about your experiences initially as a casual conversation on the phone. I hope you will consider.

If you are interested, please contact me at alexandra.lacey [at] raw.co.uk and we can arrange a time to chat.

Best regards,
Alex

Story Producer
'Paranormal Witness'

RAW Television
13-21 Curtain Road
3rd Floor
London
EC2 3LT
thenpea5 (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
was not scary but what about you know talking to judy and telling her to stay away from your family.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
This story is quite out there, I just want reiterate what Rookdygin has already mentioned because I got the exact same impression, that is whatever it is you are dealing with they seem to be quite strong and influentual, I don't really get a negative vibe from it though. Very Interesting! 😕

One question I have though, for an hour or so you were on your old phone that is diconnected having a conversation with whom you thought was your father? How did you not know what you were doing or what was going on? Either this being has got mind control and confusion down packed or I'm missing something! Look forward to hearing from you! 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
demoness (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
i have had a similar experience but nothing as extreme as yours,
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
Odile sounds like an old soul. She has no fear, and a wisdom beyond her years. Has she said anything odd to you, like for example my daughter when she was very little told me "When I used to be your mother..." Frankly, I forget the rest but apparently she thought when she had been my mother she'd done a better job.
I would hesitate in sharing these experiences with this sperm donor (no offense), Jurg, he may attempt to use them against you. He may himself have been influenced by this force and not even realize it. Be careful. Men are dangerous, and frequently used for violence. Could be that he was driven away by these forces, maybe to make you angry and vulnerable, maybe because he's no good for you. All I can say is take it day by day, keep a close watch on those babies of yours, and please keep us updated.

Many believe in reincarnation, if true, Odile may be your grandmother, so to speak. Ask a few carefully chosen questions, and see what you get. It may surprise you. Regardless, you and your children may have inherited certain gifts from your grandmother, and maybe her grandmother and so on. Coming to realize these gifts can be scarey. But as yet it sounds like they're trying to guide you. Odd but it feels like a natural transition, like you on the phone with 'father' and comfortable with it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
jo5812,

First I have to admit this experience of yours 'bothers me'. What ever you are experiencing seems to be manipulating your memories...'where did the doll come from... Who were you on the phone with... The fact you were talking on a phone that is not connected to anything... I do not mean to alarm you, but everything you have related points to a very strong entity... Possible two. You stated that Jurg 'lost his job' and he 'left' you and the children... Did you notice an increase in activity after he departed... If so has it decreased sense his return?

Please try this Cleansing and Shielding Method and feel free to ask any questions you may have...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
a very intersting post jo5812 thank you for sharing.
It sounds as though judy could have been attached to the doll, but has now decided to stay with your family but from what you say it does sound like she is nothing to worry about.
You have not said that she is causing any problems and the children are not fightened by her but sound like they have accepted her being there, but if you do feel that you can not allow her to stay then I would surgest 2 things, 1st talk to her, tell her she should find the light and go to her own family who will be waiting for her there or 2nd look up rookgin on here who has a clensing ritual that should help.
I have to ask about the photo, you say uncle ben died before your fathers first marrage yet is stood behind you in a photo and your mother is your fathers second wife, so uncle ben was not alive when the photo was taken but visiting in spirit? Have I gotten that right?
I wish you all the best with this and hope that what ever you decide to do about judy
(help her cross over or let her stay)
That you find what your looking for
Taz
JBarum (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
This sounds like something straight out scary story book. I couldn't imagine. Sounds like something is definitely going on with that doll. A spirit could have attached to it either intentionally or unintentionally. Either way, you might want to talk to someone about getting rid of it. Just make sure it's done properly. These types of things need to be done in a certain manner. A cleansing of the house would be a good idea too.
GAC_Fan_2012 (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Jo,
You have people on here who understand what it is like to have frightening paranormal experiences. There are so few people who take situations like this seriously and its sad. You always have people on here who will listen. Try to keep digging for answers and I agree with roseinbloom. If it is becoming too much, politely ask the spirit to leave and see what happens. I do not think you are in danger and let's hope it stays that way. Good luck, and stay safe.
jo5812 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
roseinbloom I sincerely love your comment. The voice on the phone was male but this Judy is a female. No one in my family is named Judy and as far as I know, no one has ever known a Judy or even had that as a middle name. The doll dates back to my grandmother but that is as far as I know. My parents don't remember me coming in to possession of it, either. Odile has claimed to have conversed with Judy but hasn't told me what the body looks like and I cannot find the doll anywhere. Orva saw Judy only once talking to my youngest daughter but couldn't make out what she was saying to her. But I believe Judy is a little girl, from what Orva explained to me.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Dear Jo5812,
Thank you for sharing such an interesting story. I am sorry about all the stress you are having to go thru, with your husband leaving you and whatever else you are having to face. I'm glad your parents, are with you, and hope they will make the transition period easier for you and your children.
I too, think that the doll must be related to your Uncle Ben in some way. You stated that he appears in several pictures with you, when you were a small child. It could be, he stills looks out for you, and wants to be there, during your time of need. The fact that you mentioned, "Uncle Ben was standing behind me with a kind and warm smile', in one of those pictures, seems to indicate he may have felt a bond with you.
One question, is the voice your children hear, male or female? You didn't make that distiction. As for the man on the old disfunctional phone, I think it must be your Uncle Ben.
In my opinion, try not to be too upset. From what you've written, it just seems like old family members, just trying to "be around for you", during you time of need. If you are not O.K. With this, just simply ask them to leave. If they are family, I feel they will respect your wishes.
God bless you and your children, and hope you find your peace. ❤
jo5812 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
To answer two of the responses, my father had been out all day with my mother because she has been dying to shop at local market. They left around 7 am and I got the call at about 4 pm. The long absence along with the mysterious doll, my daughter's weird behavior and simply my husband leaving me made me a little distraught and a bit forgetful. I talked to my father about the voice and he kiddingly joked about it being Uncle Ben, but that shot a chill up my spine and I didn't want to further the discussion. As for how the phone keeps ending up in my house with the cord cut and it being able to function is beyond me. Thank you all for taking me seriously because no one else has. I am unsure about my grandmother's history as far as just knowing she was a medium. Maybe she did hex the doll or whatnot. I never thought of it that way and is something to look in to.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
I would try to talk to Judy though your daughter. See what she wants. Do the same with the person on the phone, incase they don't know their dead, or not welcomed in your house.
GIRLIE ❤
P.s: I wouldn't be scared, just tried and think of it as something 'weird and cool' going on at this point. I also hope things are doing well with your husband.
GAC_Fan_2012 (1 stories) (15 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
I was confused about that as well Pjod. I'm not questioning the experience either, but I would think your parents flying in from Florida and coming into your house would be really hard to miss or forget. Regardless, I've never heard of a case like this before. It must be terrifying, especially not being accustomed to the paranormal. I suggest maybe a house cleansing and see how that helps.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
I'm confused on a couple things... You were speaking to your father on the phone, who lives in Florida. He stepped out of your bathroom during this conversation- which you then realize he recently flown from Fla to Ohio to stay with you for the week? I'm just trying to follow the details, not questioning your experience.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Just want to ask is your family Rommani? Or do you have Rommani ancestry?. Please forgive for the misspelling. You said there was a family that did fortune telling do you think they may have cast a spell on the doll? I noticed from your story your father didn't want you too know much about the doll if I were you this would make me more curious. This doll has been passed down through the family so, there must be someone who will let you know. How about the relative who tells fortunes? I think it could even have a spirit attached to it named Jane. Did you say your family member is a medium? I really feel she is the one you should talk too. There is more behind this doll I also think you should research your family history. Your story is very interesting I hope everything works out!
rainbowtense (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
understandably, this experience must be terrifying for you, especially if you are not verry familiar with the paranormal. I suggest you try speaking to Judy the next time you experience a paranormal encounter with her, and clearly state you cannot be tollerant of her behaviour towards you, and you request she stops. Or perhaps try having a conversation with her?... She may just be craving attention... As for the guy on the phone, I am thinking he must be a ghost pretending to be your real farther. Ghosts can take the shape or form of any manifestation they desire, after all. For this speculation of mine, I suggest you try finding out about him, if he phones again. Perhaps you can do the same of Judy?... I hope this has been reassuring and helpful for you. 😐 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: