You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Visit from Teena

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit from Teena

 

I have had many experiences with the paranormal. I have lived in houses that had spirits and have been able to see spirits since I was very young. It was only recently that I found out that I am what is called a sensitive. A lot of the experiences I have have not all been very nice ones. But the story I am going to tell now was a very nice one, it happened to my mother who has never been a believer in the paranormal, especially when it comes to loved ones who have passed on.

My sister Teena passed away on Mother's day of this year, May 13 , 2007. On june 26, my mother was scheduled for surgery on her heart and since we live 65 miles away from the Heart Hospital where the surgery was to be done, we decided it would be easier for she and I to stay the night before in a motel near the hospital, because she had to check in at 7:00 am the morning of the surgery. The next morning, my mother told me that the night before she had felt someone lie down on the bed next to her and snuggle up close. She thought it was me until whoever it was got up and left the bed. Mom looked over and saw that I was asleep and knew it wasn't me. She drifted off to sleep and again she felt someone lie down next to her, only this time they not only snuggled up against her, but they also put their arm around her and laid there until she went to sleep again. As she told me of her experience, I knew that there is only one person who would have come to her before she was due to have a major surgery and that was Teena, my older sister.

Even though she is no longer with us physically, she came to comfort our mother as she had so many times before. This experience has helped my mom to see that no matter which realm we are in, we can and do still come back to check on our loved ones and to give them comfort or just to let them know we are ok.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tammy G., has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mmeibos (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-06)
I just want to say this:...WOW...
I love this story, and hope that it's true what you've said about no mather what realm we are in, we can still seek out our beloved.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Thank you so much for sharing your story, I can see how that would have been of comfort to your mother and to you. I hope your mother is well and I am sorry for the loss of your sister. But, as your story illustrates, you never truly loose those you love.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Hi thanks for sharing your story it a beautiful lovely story. Its kind of emotional story that is its touched my heart. I do believe that our love ones are still hear watching us. It doesn't matter If we can't see them they are hear watching us. Our loved ones will always be in our heart we will never ever forget them. I think this is amazing that your sister comforted her. One day we will all meet in heaven. I do believe in the spirit world. 😊
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
I really adore this. I hope your mothers surgery went well. I am happy to hear that your sister comforted her. An experience like that is beyond words.
fudgybunny (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
That was a beautiful story. I know it must be hard to write about it, especially since it has just recently happened. I feel for you. It's very hard when a loved one dies, but after a while you come to realize that they're not really gone. That's what I think helps us to cope with the sadness. You just have to remember that you will see them again someday, may it be tomorrow or 100 years from now. Good luck to you and may all of you experiences be happy ones, such as this.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
Dear Tammy G.,

My sincere sympathies for the loss of your sister Teena. I appreciate you for sharing your story, especially since it has not been a very long time since your sister's passing. I am certain though that having her come back in spirit to visit your mother right before her major surgery, as well as your writing about it has helped you and yours very much. Once again, I appreciate you and your true contribution here. As your additional, contributed story, and many other stories like yours help to support the theory that there is life after death. Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
"no matter which realm we are in, we can and do still come back to check on our loved ones and to give them comfort or just to let them know we are ok..." This is a very true statement happens all the time wether the skeptics out there like to believe it or not. Thanks for sharing your story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: