You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Family Members And The Unkown

Real Ghost Stories

Family Members And The Unkown

 

My name is Imogen I'm from Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia. I live with my mother, brother, sister and my mother's boyfriend. Most of my family has experienced paranormal happenings. I've experienced the little things like objects moving & orbs etc. My mother has seen people so has my older brother.

The first thing I can remember experiencing was when I was pre-school/kindergarten age. I was walking down the hall to go to dinner and all of a sudden I felt all this energy around me (well it's kind of hard to explain) I wasn't cold but I could feel a presence it was kind of pleasant. I could feel them hugging me well it felt like that. All I know they could be trying to squeeze my brains out (joking). The next one was when I was a little older and living in a different house. I was lying in bed and I was trying to sleep when I heard knocking sounds and I saw a shadowy figure. They were short and just stood there then I screamed and looked but the shadow was gone. I couldn't sleep in that room for a long time after.

The next was recently when my Grandfather died. My mother had lit a candle with some photos of him around it. We were talking about him and the flame rose extremely high and then went back down. My mother automatically called out "dad!?" and the flame rose again. She asked if he was with his mother and the flame flickered higher. It was the dead of winter so no windows were open. It couldn't have been the wind. I've also captured an orb on camera but my mother has actually seen one floating around in the hall. The living room once filled with a strange smell... It was like burning but not food burning really over powering. It burnt my throat. I've never smelt anything like it. Sometimes I hear banging in the roof and the taps in the bathroom will turn on and off but it's nothing overly concerning just gives me the creeps.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, falling_feathers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

falling_feathers (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Yea they aren't bothering me too much. No point in getting rid of them if they aren't doing anything bad. Some thing happened today. Well at least I think it was some thing. I was walking home from school and I saw a flash of a person in the corner of my eye so I turned around and no one was there. No one was around. I could feel tugging on my back pack too 😕. I'll see if I can find the photo
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
falling_feathers,
Thank you for sharing.
I would say your grandfather was there when the candle flame was rising and falling with each question. I like that he did that for your family, it was a very touching gesture, and you are very fortunate to have witnessed it.
Thank you again.

Jav ❤
madmonkeywoman (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Welcome to my world. My family has the gift also. It's our normal. You have the power within to protect yourself from those you don't want to deal with. AND enjoy a good laugh at the antics of your deceased relatives. I have one trying to get my attention right now and I'm so ignoring.
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
It would be cool if you would have uploaded the photos so we could see it
Dandruff_in_hair (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
strange because I hear banging on my roof, and the taps in my bathroom will turn on and off. Strange 😲
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Wow sounds like they were playing with you big time! Lol. Don't worry though they don't seem to mean you any harm and if you did want too get rid of them there must be plenty of places you can go were you live too find remedies if not just write to Rookdyjinn he is on here he is the kind of go too guy for these types of remedies. Thanks for your story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: