You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: First Encounter When I Was Two Years Old

Real Ghost Stories

First Encounter When I Was Two Years Old

 

This first encounter happened to me when I was just two years old. I remember what happened to me to this day. I even tried to find out who this spirit was but I never could. This is my first story so I hope its written okay and sorry it's so long.

When I was two years old my parents moved back to Ireland. They rented this really old coach house for temporary living accommodation. We moved into the little two bedroom house and the first night the spirit activity started. My dad stacked all the boxes from our move in the spare bedroom just for the time being. My mom and dad were just about to go to sleep when they heard this really loud bang. My dad jumped up and ran into the spare bedroom to find that all the stacked boxes were knocked over. My dad just thought he didn't stack the boxes properly and just shrugged it off.

We went to town later that week and when we returned home all the lights in the house were on and the front door was open. My dad went inside to make sure no one was in the house but nothing was disturbed. They just thought they didn't close the door properly but they knew something was up. The next day my mom was in the house on her own reading a book in the sitting room, when the room became really cold. She could see her breath and felt like something was watching her. She was really freaked out so decided to go to bed. Later that night when everyone was asleep my mom suddenly woke up to the radio playing in the sitting room. She got up and went down to the room and when she opened the door the music suddenly stopped. The hair on her arms stood up and she was really scared and went back to bed. Once she was back in bed the music started again.

A few weeks had past and the activity continued. Lights would be on if we weren't home, doors left open and it felt like you were being watched.

One night dad put me to bed like any other night, it was a little bit breezy out as I could see shadows of tree branches moving in the window. I was only in the room (I slept in the same room as my parents when we lived here) a few minutes when I looked up at the ceiling. There was a black figure looking out the attic door straight at me. I looked away but when I looked up the black figure was gone and the attic door was wide open. When I looked down I saw the black male figure at the end of my cot. He was wearing a long black coat, black hat and had a knife in his hand. I couldn't see any facial features just that he was all in black like a shadow. I stood up in my cot and proceeded to walk down to this black figure. I don't remember anything after that.

I started screaming crying when my mom came in the hairs on her back stood up and she saw that the attic door was wide open. I was shouting "the man, the man" and pointing at the wall. We were both scared and my mom called my dad to come into the room. When he came in he didn't believe that a ghost opened the attic door he just said it was just a back draft. After that happened the ghost never showed himself to me again. We moved out awhile after that to a bigger and happier house.

The shadow ghost never hurt me or any of my parents when we lived there. He seemed to be friendly. A few years after a friend of the family moved into the old coach house he tried to go into the room where I used to sleep in. The ghost wouldn't let him in that room at all the door was always locked even though you can't lock that door. About five years after that a girl at my school moved into the coach house with her family. She and her brother slept in the room I slept in. They saw the same shadow man as I did. They thought someone broke into the house they found out that the house was actually haunted by a man. Shortly after that they moved away.

I was only two when this happened to me and was scared of the dark years after this experience. I still pass by the old coach house but no one lives there anymore. I found out growing up that I am very sensitive to spirits. Is his why the shadow ghost showed himself to me? What do you think?

Other hauntings by DarkAngel91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarkAngel91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarkAngel91 (3 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-22)
Spirit91 Yes I found out some info on who it could be. I found out that he was a coach driver. I also found out that I'm a Clairvoyant and I also told my doctor how I can remember things so vividly. She thinks I might have Eidetic memory but I have to go for tests in a few months to see.
Spirit91 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-22)
Wow love your story. Have you ever found out who the shadow guy is? I remember things from when I was two as well very vividly I could tell you little details of a memory and I wouldn't know why I know them it used to drive me crazy but as I got older it seemed to fade.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
Rook-I said just that in my last post, although not to clearly evidently. Thank you for breaking it down.

Michelle- I am not asking you to convince me that what you say is true. I am simply stating that no suggestions we offer you, are you willing to sit and think on. You dispell them right away, and try to justify why we couldn't POSSIBLY be correct. That's all.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
MichelleM,

You don't seem to understand... I too can read a book and tell you all about when I'm done. If it's a good book I can tell you about it years later. However if you had hyperthymesia you would be able to read the book once and recite/repeat it verbatim after you were done... Not just 'tell someone about it'.

It's seems we keep offering you suggestions as to what you may have experienced... Across the board... All 3 of your stories... And you jump from one suggestion to the next trying to convince us and yourself that the newest 'theory' is what you are experiencing. This is one of those 'experiences' that is perhaps better 'put to bed' than pursued any further.

Respectfully,

Rook
Thereisnospoon (5 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
[at] rook
Wow... I almost wish I had that condition. I've heard children that young are sensitive to supernatural and can see their guardian angel and other entities. I'd love to have any of those memories back.
Thanks for the piece of info rookdygin... You always give something to ponder upon.

[at] michelle
Honestly I don't know what to believe. You might be honest or might not be.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
MichelleM,
Maybe we just have a hard time believing that these two comments are describing the same entity...
FIRST QUOTE:
"When I looked down I saw the black male figure at the end of my cot. He was wearing a long black coat, black hat and had a knife in his hand. I couldn't see any facial features just that he was all in black like a shadow. I stood up in my cot and proceeded to walk down to this black figure. I don't remember anything after that"
SECOND QUOTE:
"The shadow ghost never hurt me or any of my parents when we lived there. He seemed to be friendly."

You don't need to go very far off the beaten track to see how odd that sounds.

Jav 🤔
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
That's where you are wrong Michelle. You can't MAKE people believe anything just because you do. That should be obvious to you. You don't believe what others are telling you either. Forced compliance is not always a good thing. If you want to believe all of these things are as you say they are, then there is no use trying to change your mind. That goes both ways.

Jav 🤔
MichelleM (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
MizMiMi02 I don't need to justify anything to myself. I need to justify it to ye because you don't believe what I saw so therefore I have to justify it to ye for you to believe me.
MichelleM (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
Cliney1212 Thank you for posting, you see another example that a 2yr old can remember things. I wasn't the only person who saw that shadow ghost a few years later two other people saw the same thing I did so explain that!
MichelleM (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
zzsgranny Sorry that I made you late for work lol but it is very interesting:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
Michelle: I followed the link you provided this morning and was enjoying reading it so much I was late for work 😆...One fairly common thread throughout a lot of those memories was a significant or traumatic experience linked in somehow...Hell, I have hard time remembering when I was 16 LOL!...So I think the closer in age you are to the memory the clearer it is...

MizMimi: While I was growing up (in Ohio) we had a corn roast every summer...We'd get a 50 gallon drum and soak the ears without shucking them for about 24 hours, then just throw them in the coals of the fire... Good stuff! 😊
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
Ok I just thought I'd back Michelle a little on this one I'm new to this sight (and hooked I might add) but I can remember living in a small terraced house in Leeds UK and I was 2 years old... The main memories I have of this time was eating in our tiny kitchen and being petrified of the cellar that led down from the kitchen. The door used to rock back and forth all the time and although it was probably just a draft I was very afraid and I am still scared of cellars and I'm 35 now!
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
While I truly hope you find the answers you are searching for regarding your experience, I'm sorry but I think an over active imagination is the culprit. Seems you're more into justifying how you could have remembered things from such a young age, then you are in believeing any other possibility.
I also do not believe that you have Hyperthymesia. It's more probably that you have an Eidetic memory, which is the ability to recall images, sounds, or objects in memory with extreme precision. However, being that it's extremely rare, I don't believe you have that either. I simply believe that you "think" you know what you saw, and it's your right to believe you did.
MichelleM (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
rookdygin I can read a book once and I could tell you everything about it, my family noticed it. At school I used to make puzzels for 12yr olds when I was only about seven. I found the ones for my age way to easy. My friends thing I'm smart but I don't think so. I have never heard about that before but it could be possible since I remember other things from around that age I could tell you about.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
I have to agree with adsouza, while interesting the link you provided is heavy on opinions and lite on scientific proof.

There is a rare condition with allows an individual perfect or almost perfect 'recall'...

Hyperthymesia: Is a rare medical condition that allows an individual to visually remember (almost) everything.

Now there are only, I think, Twenty cases of hyperthymesia that have been confirmed thus far in the entire world.

So are you one of these 20 (ish) people in the world?

If your teachers and family haven't noticed that you seem to remember everything... Are your the go to person to confirm someones birthday? Has it ever been suggested you enter gifted or advanced programs in school or, dare I say it, get tested to see just how good your memory is? Inquiring Minds want to know...

Respectfully,

Rook
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
Interesting link. Though it does not prove anything. It is a collection of opinions (And good ones).

If I come up with something, I'll share it.
MichelleM (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Here is a site I found which proves that kids can remember things when they are 2yrs old. Http://ask.metafilter.com/119911/At-what-age-do-your-memories-begin
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
I believe my first memory is from a time when I would have been about 2. I know this because it's a memory of my mom and I didn't live with her much beyond the age of 2. She moved away with my brother and my dad kept me. It's a rather banal memory (nothing paranormal or even exciting at all about it). Lord knows why it stuck with me all these years, but it's quite vivid in my mind. My first paranormal memory happened when I was 4 or 5, and that one is quite vivid too, for obvious reasons. Just saying, it is possible to retain early memories.
MichelleM (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
taz890 That was a different shadow ghost that I was talking about on the other post.
MichelleM (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Cool by me, I do remember other things that happened to me when I was that age too.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Honestly, I have no idea how you could prove it to me. Let's just settle with our opinions for ourselves as of now. Maybe someone on YGS will have a better suggestion or insight on this one.
MichelleM (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
adsouza I was the only person who saw the ghost. How to I have prove it to you? I was two years old and i'm still haunted by that night to this day!
sasy (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Wow I totally believe your story I have seen a shadow ghost at my grans house. Scared me to death! I can remember things since I was two just bits and pieces. I nearly died in hospital and I remember being there but anyway where you the only one that saw him?
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Everything else looks fine. I just have an extremely hard time believing that you remember something from when you were 2 years old so vividly.

I'd be happy if you can settle my doubts.
MichelleM (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
All of my stories are 100% true! Yes I was only 2 when this happened I didn't know who he was but he never hurt any of us living in the house. After it happened I started drawing the black shadow man. I tried to find out if he was murdered but I couldn't find anything out only that it was really old. The house is still there and someone I think might be moving in soon since its being done up at the moment.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
I don't know about anyone else, but I just have to ask.
Is two the new five? I mean as far as the age you remember things in more detail, you know?

Jav 😕
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
What got to me was you mentioned that you witnessed a black shadow in a black cloak and holding a knife looking at you, but then you mentioned it seemed friendly?
Ding ding ding, oi you blanket hogs, sharing is caring! 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
ok...
A question for the op
In this story you say you walked towards the shadow figure yet in a comment you left on another post you say he walked towards you!
Which one is it?
And why would this shadow figure have a knife?
Jav, MizzMiMi stop munching corn and pass me a corner of that blanky
Taz
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Good luck with the spam Jav. Ok, night night, sleep well my friend. It is almost 10 pm here, so I will also call it a night.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Nap time for me guys. I'll be back later on. Good night all.

Jav ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: