You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Experience with Demon Attacks

Real Ghost Stories

My Experience with Demon Attacks

 

One morning after a hard night of partying (before I became a Christian and learned how to deal with this), I awoke to the most horrible smell making me think that the sewer had backed up into my house. When I tried to move I could not! I tried to call for my brother but I could not speak either. I felt paralyzed so I laid there for what seemed like an hour before I could move again.

When I got up, I went looking for where that smell came from but could not find it, and no one else smelled anything. That was my first experience with the Old Hag syndrome.

My second time was after I became a Christian and I had just gone through a very heartbreaking divorce. I was awakened in the middle of the night by a horrible smell. When I awoke, I realized that I could not move a muscle, except that I could move my head a little to look around. And what I saw was the ugliest looking face hovering at the foot of my bed. It seemed to be laughing at me as it bobbed up and down in the air. I then tried to speak to it to leave my house but immediately realized that I could not utter a word. And that devil seemed to laugh at me even more.

So I laid my head back down on my pillow and prayed and asked God why I could not speak to cast this devil out and He said to me that I had sin in my life, that I need to seek His forgiveness for. So I did and as soon as I did, I was able to sit up on my bed and I told that spirit "in the name of Jesus get out of my house". And that thing rose up in the air with the most angry look on his face (for a moment I thought that he was going to charge at me) but it headed for my front door, and with one last look at me it flew off.

I have helped others who have had these encounters and I hope that my story here may be able to encourage others who are having these kind of problems that there is hope and help with this.

Joe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, joelolo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

soothsayer23 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
Ohhhh. That's very horrible and I don't want to experience that. I hope that won't happen to me because I am really weak when it comes to ghosts, spirits, or devil. Thanks for sharing your story now I know about old hag syndrome. Take good care always.:)
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-21)
omg that is scarY! What did the face look like exactly? Demonic? A Goblin? Red eyes?
Marias17 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
You don't need a priest or holy water just Believe in the lord Jesus and trust in him. Pray to him continuesly he loves it when you talk to him. Spend time with him as if he where your best friend and he is.
Jeff1977 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
11 years ago I had a similar experience. I was sleeping and was awoke by a sound. I couldn't sit up and had three spirits hold me down. I felt extreme terror but couldn't scream or see what was holding me down. My panic made it so that I was almost unable to breath. The sound I heard was voices and they were coming through my unplugged clock radio and sounded as if three people argueing. I remembered a story that a friend of mines minister had told us about demon attacks and in my mind I said "In Jesus name demon be gone". The spirits holding me were instantly gone, and the voices stopped but I feel that something follows and watches me now and has ever since.
KittyKat99 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Dear Jololo,
This has happened to me too. I woke up at 2:30am the day after Halloween. I saw two red eyes and a demonic shape at the end of my bed. I could not move. It laughed and I started praying. The creature shook it's head and vanished. I found I could move again. My cat was sleeping with me, but it hid under my bed, hissing when the demon came. She came out and growled, then she curled up only bed.

Nicole
leyman (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
I have encountered five cases of people being attacked in bed by invisible demons, all of them believing they were being raped - four of them female and one male.
I have been researching the ley line system here in Scotland for over 40 years, which led me to hauntings, poltergeists and demonic attack.
I used simple divining rods to follow these ley lines and the patterns of energy which are asociated with hauntings, etc., and made many discoveries which have been previously unknown.
For instance, around Crieff, my home town, most, perhaps all - of the burial grounds have been placed carefully above volcanic faults, dykes, etc. Our ancestors placed their dead on volcanic anomalies and irradiated their burial grounds with ley lines.
Not only that, but I find that every burial has a spiral of energy coming from the chest area. This travels to the persons house and usually into the bed they occupied.
But there are many more of these "spirit lines" and they are attracted into the energy fields we leave in our bed.
One lady in Dundee recently had perhaps a thousand of these spirit lines centred in a black spiral at her abdomen in bed. She was being repeatedly attacked every night by a number of these "entities".
Why they should attack her I have no idea, but it certainly made me believe that there is more to this phenomena than simple sleep paralysis.
We all leave these black spirals in bed which attract these spirit lines, but I would think if the black spiral was situated at the head/pillow it would cause many of these experiences so many people talk about.
See my book "Ley Lines and Earth Energie" by David Cowan and Chris Arnold for more information.
Www.leyman.demon.co.uk
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
Hi;

The names of Jesus, Mary, and ZSt. Michael the Archangel are most potent, as is Catholic Holy water. Congrats on seeing it flee. I've experienced this while helping others. It's a great feeling. Best. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
v-sing (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
Hmm... Interesting story and I've had similar experiences of sleep paralysis but your story just seems boggus to me. No offense but while I was reading your "experience", it just sounds imaginative and made up more then an actual experience.
DustinMatthews (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
My experience is kind of like yalls. Except it never stopped. Well I was sleeping and I woke up and looked in front of me and saw what appeared to look like my dead grandfather. Then it started coming at me. When it started coming at me it changed to the way it really looks. It is unexplainable. I didn't just look at it, it physicaly attacked me. It jurked me up on the wall and my head was literaly touching the ceiling, none of my body was touching the floor. It started clawing up my chest and sucking the life out of me. I couldn't speak or move. Then I finally could speak I started screaming. My brother and sister were in the room and they woke up and seen me on the ceiling. And then my sister started crying. My brother got to the light switch and cut it on. When he did that it dropped me on the floor and disappeared. I went to churches and preachers nor anyone else would believe me. I still get randomly attaked.
Kyleluther72 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
I had a very similar experience. I couldn't move, and at the end of my bed I saw 2 glowing eyes and the outline of what looked like a demon... It was probably one of the scariest things that's ever happened to me in my life.
dhssp (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
loverofcrhist11 the demon your thinking of is the grigori or watchers lead by azazel
loverofchrist11 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
Hi joelolo. Can you tell me exactly what demon it is when you can't move and speak. Because this has happened to me twice and I would like to know what and why if you know. Thanks! 😊
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
I live in Hawaii as well... So glad to hear you use prayer to ward off evil. It works!...In fact, I drive around with a bumper sticker on my car stating,: "Prayer works!..."

Being attacked by satan (I won't give him the power ie:Capitalizing the s...) is a terrible experience, but it can be handled with finesse. Keep in mind, being a Christian means you will be sought after more. Attacks are just around the corner, waiting for you to be in a weakened moment... But you have the SHIELD of protection around you now. Use prayer often to keep yourself and your loved ones...SAFE! Blessings, Ghostseer
QuietMouse (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
I think I had something of an attack happen last night I woke up at around five in the morning for no reason and had the tv on which I usually do to sleep. While I lay there all of a sudden I heard a voice a deep voice saying something and it wasn't the TV I didn't know what it was saying but I got scared and prayed in my mind that it would go away. Then it started saying "Shut up shut up and started saying some nasty stuff so I started praying out loud and kept doing so until it was quiet. All I know now is that I need answers and I'm pretty shaken.
Kirika05 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
I've heard many stories like this from people I've known in person. Alot of people will doubt parts of your story because it's considered "religious"... We may never know all the answers to these strange occurences, but I have heard/read many accounts of people being 'told' that what was happening to them happened because of 'sin' in their life, etc. People can take that any way they want, but the actual word 'sin' was used. Anyway, that's why I find this story very interesting! 😊
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
is old hag syndrome when you can smell a foul smell in the air before a paranormal attack or experience?
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
that would freak me out so bad if I saw a demon laughing at me and shaking its head up and down. Wow I hope you're doing better.
Kate64 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Hello,
I am curious... Were you smelling sulfur? This is classic in the presence of a demon. Merely telling it to go away really won't have an effect. And becoming a "born again christian" won't either. What is that anyways? The only people qualified to deal with the demonic are Roman Catholic preists or demonologist. I know-I went through 2 years of hell with a demonic haunting-I am a medium so I felt everything. Be careful with this stuff-it can get very bad.

k
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
Hello interesting story, I'm a catholic and have been since birth, I've had my encounters and I'm trying to become a ghost or (demon hunter). I know not much about demons but I am buying a book on them. Anyway the thing I'm trying to say is because you sinned and the thing hapend is weird, I sin and these sort of things don't happen, I have experienced a demon once but I do not want to share the horrific story, god bless and keep us updated.
demonhunter_zn (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
hi what happened to you was a very rare encouter with a demon the demon you were describing I have heard of ti before as I hunt demons I read books about demons and ghosts all the time I normally read them before I go on a demon hunt I have encountered many demonic feelings while hunting for demon entities well what I have read about a demon of your descriptions is that it is of a mockery type when normally as you said you got a divorce and you were heartsbroken and upset this kind of demon normally mocks people for that kind of reason I have very much knowledge about demonic and ghostly entities and if youy wish to ask me any questions about anythibng else or about this topic email me at demonhunter_zn [at] hotmail.com
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
CearysAwesome, fair enough, just wanted to make sure that you were talking about faith in your religion, and not disparaging others as not being effective, which wouldn't be true.
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Dear Martin,
I am just expressing my opinion about my faith in Jesus Christ. I don't know what others feel about this dogma and all that other stuff but for me the only way to get rid of demons is Jesus Christ. That's what I say and believe and nothing else matters. Your belief is your belief and my belief is my belief. You can decide for yourself what you want but for me all I want is Jesus Christ and protection from demons from my God.

I hope this clears things up.

Ceary
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
CearysAwesome, what about other religions that are just as successful with exorcising "demons" and expelling ghosts from places? Could it be that religions are all valid tools to access a higher power which is not limited to any specific dogmas? You can't make absolute proclamations about something if you haven't properly researched, even though it does seem to be a popular habit in certain conservative regions 😐
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Demons can only be stopped by the power of God and Jesus Christ. NO other person or thing can stop them... That's is my opinion. I stand firm in my belief and say that only God can control the demons and the devil himself...

Ceary
monica5 (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Hmm, Joelolo, that was a weird experience although I find it hard to think that " someone told you you had sin in your life" but hey anything is possible. We all have sin in our life and if I were told that by the almighty himself off to the convent I would be. 😐 I am glad though to see your faith helped you through this. That is what I have alwasy believed.
I hope this will remain away from your home.
m5
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Dear joelolo,

Yes, but what if the demon is a free agent and does not speak Latin?

What about non-Christians, and what about a person who is like me, who considers themselves spiritual and believes in the masters like Jesus, Buddha, Krishna etc., etc. And etc.? I guess I am in deep trouble if a demon attacks me (let 'em try). I suppose if I get infested with demons, I am going straight to hell and do not pass go in this monopoly game of dogma?

Too late, like Shane I should have kept my opinion to myself...--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-17)
No comment on this story. I will keep my opinion my own.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
HauntedHollow (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-17)
My ex-girlfriend went through some very similar experiences.
She thought she was going crazy.
I have never personally gone through this but I hope it never happens to you or anyone else again.
I have had sleep paralysis and it scared the hell out of me! 😁
Brian07891 (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-17)
It sounds like sleep paralysis, up to where you could move and still saw the devil figure even after you could move. That must have been freaky though, its a good thing it left after you got forgiveness. Crazy story!
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-17)
😨 Wow! This was a very interesting story! I'm glad you are ok and that God forgive you!

I have never been attack this way but have experience similar and worst things, read my story "my aunts possession" and you'll understand what I mean!

My best wishes to you and God bless you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: