You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Always Remember Seeing Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

I Always Remember Seeing Shadows

 

My name is kirsten, and I have no idea what to think about my experiences. I've had so many different ones, but I'm sharing the only ones that truly stand out to me.

Ever since I was younger I always remember seeing shadows. Always felt like I had someone around me even when I was alone. Every night I would wake up and see a shadow sitting at the end of my bed, or when I would fall asleep on the couch there would be one standing over me. I never knew what was happening. I was always under the impression that I was being followed. It scared to me so much that I never slept because I thought it was just a bad dream. But I seemed to start seeing more 'shadows' the less sleep I got. They never seemed to want to hurt me. It felt more as if they wanted to play and have fun. I would tell my parents and my dad thought there was something possibly wrong with me. Until one night I saw the shadow and I went and woke him up and told him someone was in our living room. He jumped out of bed and chased after it. Down the stairs he followed the shadow and that where he watched it dissapear out of no where. To this day he denies it was really anything but I know he just doesn't want to admit what it really was.

When we moved away I thought my experiences with the shadows would go away. But it tended to get a bit stronger.

Example. I would stay at my great aunts' Florence and Dorothy's house in Queens every weekend. I would always feel cold and uncomfortable staying there. Until one night I started seeing a tall man in the doorway of the bedroom at night. He never did anything but stand there. Like he was watching over someone. It always scared me because the door was right by my Aunt Dorothy's bed. When I mentioned something to my aunt, she would say it was my uncle seeing if we were sleeping. I knew which uncle she was talking about. The one who was alive who worked in the city but lived upstate so he would stop in every once in a while to sleep. Well I knew it wasn't him. I have a feeling it was my Aunt Dorothy's dead husband Andy. After I realized this I started to get closer to that aunt. I started paying more attention to her. Thats when I noticed she would be taking to herself. She wasn't talking to herself, she was talking to Andy. Ever since then I feel as if I have some kind of connection.

Now that I'm older I don't see shadows as much. But when I do it's usually when I feel lonely, and feeling depressed. Then all of a sudden I feel as if I'm surrounded but loved ones. I'll see things from the corner of my eye. I have no idea what I should think about this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kgeiger, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kgeiger (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
Sometimes I feel as if the spirits are their to comfort me. Help me out in times of need. I'm never scared because I know what their trying to do.
But there are other times were I get a great chill, as if something is just watching me. The dog in the house constantly barks at me, or something around me. It seems she only does when were alone in the house.
I don't know where I would go to get help if I were to have a gift, but I'm more than willing to speak to someone.

Thank you ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
Im thinking the same thing as roseinbloom, you are a beacon to these spirits and are able to perceive them especially in your times of need.
These are not negative spirits and being spiritually open minded, you do need to be guarded against the negative ones when and if these types want to say hello. How are you coping with all of this may I ask?
I ask this only because being in your situation it can be quite daunting, just remember there are many people who have been and are also in your situation, help is available here for you if you need it! 😊 Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Have you ever thought, that you may be a medium?
You may want to seek some advise on the subjet. However, it seems that the entities around you are benevolent and wish you no harm. MizMiMi on this site, may be a good, go to, if you wish to speak to someone about your possible gifts.
I hope all works out well for you. God Bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: