You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Entity Which Almost Choked Me

Real Ghost Stories

Entity Which Almost Choked Me

 

It was somewhere in November. I was having a fever, which lasted for a couple of days. Luckily, my fever was almost over. I still had a sweat attack now and then because of my fever.

One night, I woke up in bed. I noticed my blanket and pillow were soaking wet. I had a sweat attack again. Because of this, I decided to go to the attic and sleep in the guest room. I grabbed my phone, took it with me to the attic, set my alarm and went to sleep in the guest room.

After a while, I woke up again. My eyes were still closed, and I could hear my mom making herself ready for her work in the bathroom. I was curious what time it was, so I opened my eyes slowly.

I could see the room clearly, because the sun already started to shine. I immediately saw something very disturbing. A black entity was standing right in front of me. I got a lot of thoughts rushing through my head, like "Is this really happening?", "What does this entity want from me?", "Is this entity going to hurt me?".

I was very shocked that this entity was standing right in front of me. I wanted to scream, but before I could do that, the entity reached to my throat and was trying to choke me. I could feel an immense force closing the airway in my throat. Because of this I couldn't scream, no matter how hard I tried.

As soon as I noticed that I couldn't scream, I really panicked. The first thought that went into my head was that I needed to stop the entity to choke me. I grabbed the entity's arm with my own arm and tried to remove his hand from my throat. I was already weakened, because I couldn't breathe, so I couldn't remove its arm from myself. My vision went darker and darker and I couldn't hold on to his arm any longer.

About 20 minutes later, I woke up again. I remembered everything that happened and thought it was a dream. Not much later, I realized that my right arm was in the exact same position as it was when I tried to remove the entity's arm from my throat.

This wasn't my first experience. I've also experienced feeling entity's sitting on my bed, doors that are normally locked and were somehow opened while nobody was home and hearing footsteps in my garden at midnight while I was home alone.

I'm guessing this experience isn't sleep paralysis, because I could move my arm. I appreciate your point of view on this story, so please comment if you want to.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ixrobin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
Thanks mhalditah... Here it is for easy reference...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
mhalditah (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
I agree with supernaturalservices. Whether the cause was your fever or sleep paralysis, always pray. If it still continues or get worse, try Rook's cleansing method. Goodluck
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Something very simular to this happened to me so I know how terrifying it is (I really need to post a story). Over the years I have come to the conclusion its sleep paralysis, of course I could be wrong. I agree that you should research it and find ways to protect yourself, like another poster suggested.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
prevention is worth a pound of cure here. I recommend putting out bowls of white vinegar mixed with sea salt to evaporate in your room. Refill as needed. It will slow or stop manifestation of spirits. Also saying protective prayers such as psalm 91 and 71 before bed will create a form of psychic shield.
Seren (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
It may just have been because you were ill and unrelated to any other experiences. I've had some terrifying hallucinations and sleep paralysis episodes when I'm in the grip of a stomach bug or fever, but I very rarely get them at any other time.

The hallucinations often lead to me waking up halfway across the house in some strange position with no idea how I managed to get there. 😆
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Looks like a case of sleep paralysis to me. Researching it may give you some answers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: