You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hooded Figure With Red Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Hooded Figure With Red Eyes

 

When I was younger, around 12 years old, my cousins moved in with me due to some family issues. They were all younger than me but there was about six of us including my sister. We decided it would be fun to try the old "Bloody Mary" legend. I never believed in that stuff nor did I know much about the paranormal world. I went into the bathroom by myself and turned the lights off. I said Bloody Mary 5 times and nothing happened. I went to turn the lights on and came face to face with a hooded figure. It was dark but it looked like it was wearing a cloak and it had glowing red eyes. I jumped back and started screaming. My cousins came rushing in but the figure disappeared. I told them what I had seen but no one believed me.

A few years later, around the age of 17 I started to experience weird things at night. I would be half asleep and be woken up by a noise. My bed began to shake and I would often see a man standing at the foot of my bed. He was always wearing a trench coat and a hat. He never spoke but stood there for a few seconds and would disappear. This would happen at least once a month. A few months after it started I seen the hooded figure again. I was asleep one night and was awaken by something. I sat up a little bit and turned to my door. The hooded figure stood in my doorway. After looking at it for a minute, it vanished. It was the same figure I had seen in the bathroom. That was the last time I have seen it. However, my bed still shakes at night and it has become so frequent that sometimes it happens more than once a night.

Another weird thing that happened was when I was 18 I started dating this girl. After a few months dating her I noticed she began to act weird. I asked her what was wrong and she told me about how every night lately she'd wake up and a hooded figure with red eyes would be standing in her doorway. I had never told her about me seeing the same thing. I eventually told her. We are broken up now so I have no idea if she still sees it or not. I don't know if we were somehow connected and that's why we both saw it or if there is another explanation for it. I have yet to discover the reasons behind my bed shaking at night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 5FDP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vamps_r_out (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I've read that mirrors act like portals, so is it possible that because of the fact you were all (I would imagine) scared to try this, the figure used your fear and the mirror to manifest and attach itself to you?:)
creepersjeepers66 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
😨 It's creepy but make contact. Eye contact.Something!Say hi. Approch him (If you still see him) Smile at him and see if he stays. Most ghosts are nice.
creepersjeepers66 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
Seems creepy. Make contact. Ant kind of contact. Eye contact or something.
Maxyman_1998 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
I tried the bloody Mary thing before when I was about 11 and I thought it didn't work either then when I spun around and looked at the mirror again it was blood red and seemed to be on fire. The night after that I myself saw the hooded figure but haven't seen it since this freaked me out at the time but now I don't think of it often
Satanic_Unity (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
First time I saw the hooded being was after a hex. It stood in my doorway then walked past. I woke and turned to my doorway as it walked past watching me.
I've seen it twice. Second time I made a pact with it. Provided I was protected it could stay as long as it wanted. I still feel a presence here and there but am happier and seem stronger. They seem to be a neutral spirit. And like all neutral spirits are strong and can have positive and/or negative powers. Also my luck seems to have increased.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
There are different variations to the origin of Blood Mary. But regardless of which version you've been told, what most kids don't realize that in calling for Bloody Mary, you're summoning a spirit. So why would you be surprised if a spirit is to "answer" you?

This may be a "game" to most people, but involving yourself with summoning spirits isn't a game to be taken lightly.
Squeaks (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Someday I will post a full account of my own story, but since I am new here I thought I would just comment on your story. I also saw a hooded figure after playing Bloody Mary with some friends, but it was a few months afterward (we did not see anything at the time). It did not have glowing eyes, but it was a hooded shadow. For many years I attributed it to Bloody Mary but looking back it was probably something like a shadow person. The hood reminded me of a nun, like what Mother Theresa wore (but black).

I did have a lot of dreams about her for years later, and in the dreams she was always a shadow with a red glow where the heart would be. These dreams could have been due to my fear, but I am not sure - a friend of mine in college told me about the image one of her friends saw, and it was the same as in one of my dreams. After I first saw this shadow there were always a lot of weird knocking noises in the house and other strange things. I was about eight when I saw the shadow and I was about 16 when the noises, etc., went away. I am not sure if it was due to me getting better at shutting things out (which has been my defense since I naturally have an empathic personality) or because the entity got bored because I was ignoring it. My heart is pounding a mile a minute as I am typing this because I have been trying not to think too hard about my experiences for a long time.

Anyway, I am not totally sure if we have seen the same thing, but if we have my advice to you would be to have patience and to try to fill your life with positive things (I noticed fewer strange occurrences when I was happy).

Good luck! 😊
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
I'm with MiMi on this one, I personally have not experienced this because I made a choice to not see any spirits unless it is dire or I am asleep, I only hear them, so maybe that's why I haven't? Either way stay safe and don't let it get to you.

Blessed Be ❤
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
everytime the man with the Hat is there, do you feel positive energy? As if he keeps the hooded person away?

If so, it might be more of a gaurd that only acts when your in danger, otherwise as previously said.

It's a watcher, someone who observes everything and reports to higher powers.
Charmy (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
Wow this is a pretty scary story. I recommend talking to the hooded figure and the man at the foot of your bed (If you still see him). They might tell you why they're there and you could understand them more. If that doesn't work try shouting "GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE AND NEVER RETURN!". You could also try salting the window sills and door steps. This keep bad spirits away. I hope I was some help to you. -Charmy ♥
LovePower (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
This sounds like a typical shape sifting encounter. These entities create a physical appearance based off the perspective of the mind of the person looking. They are real and are responsible for such ledgens as Vampires, Demons, Fairies, and some ETs. They do have material bodies at times, and have capabilities in matters of time, space, and technology that I won't get in to. I have to say the only thing that works against an evil entity is the power of love. They can't stand it! Not self-love though, they'll use that stuff against you. It has to be universal (Agape love), like Christ and Buddha. You should commune with the Great Spirit and ask for divine love and protection. Meditate on this often if you can. Try channeling a loving energy, and use it on everyone and everything around you. You must picture it in your mind and practice it often.
If you start creating a loving environment, chances are they'll get sick of it and leave you alone. There would be no one they can make miserable so they'll find an easier target. If you react to them or anyone with anger or fear it will only make it worse. In fact, you may attract more of it!
So when anything comes around, hit it with a wave of love. Tell it you are a loving being and respect the space of all of God's creatures. Tell it you forgive it. Tell it you will pray for their soul, and ask them to find God's love. That should do it.
Never back down and keep pushing the love on all people, animals, and spirits... ❤
Thereisnospoon (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
interesting...

I hadn't heard much about the legend as it's not much famous here in India. I looked it up in Wikipedia, and the consequences of summoning her spirit as I read it, they seemed pretty scary, (from seeing apparitions, to even being killed).
I think praying would help. It gives a lot of positive energy and confidence, if one does it with faith. That wards off any negative energy present. You could do it before sleeping... See if that helps.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
Hat guy I have experienced before. I agree with zzsgranny, they just watch. I like to think that they are testing to see who can see them, and who can't. Kinda like "Hey, here I am!" Dang, they didn't see me. NEXT. "Hey, here I am!" SWEEEET, they screamed. Lol
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
5FDP: I find this account interesting because it includes both "hoodie guy" and "hat man"...I've never experienced "hoodie guy", but "hat man" seems to be the most common apparition in these situations... I believe "hat man" to be what I call a watcher; he doesn't actually interact, just stands there observing... I don't know what they are or where they come from, but yes, they do give one the heebie-jeebies 😆...

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm still seeking explanations for these two, myself 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: