You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demon In The Woods

Real Ghost Stories

Demon In The Woods

 

Over the summer of 2011, a few friends and I had decided to check out a legend of the woods behind our town's baseball field. The legend consists of many reasons why it is haunted. Two girls supposedly got raped in the woods, and then were killed. Also, they say that lost burial sites were there since, ironically, it is located right next to a cemetery.

So, at around midnight, we decided to walk up. There were about 8 or 9 of us. We all walked slowly up to the gates leading to the woods. Some may call it the "gates to hell." No one was really brave enough to go back there except my friends Malik and Payton. They walked back and disappeared. As we waited there, weird things began to happen, not even in the woods. I heard girls laughing. I soon realized that my friend Sara and I were the only two girls there, and we were not saying a word.

My boyfriend Damian, was standing on the gate when he shouted and ran away from the gate. He claimed that a figure ran up to him. Not even 30 seconds after that happened, we heard yelling in the woods, and Malik and Payton came running out of the woods. They had both seen a face come up to them in the woods, then disappear. Payton though, saw the face with red eyes. Soon after, Payton began to cry. Now, take into account that Payton is the strongest person I know, and I had never even seen or heard of him crying. That was when we decided to go home. But, the craziness doesn't stop there.

On our way home, Payton started to complain about his back burning. I lifted up his shirt and saw scratches. Everyone was freaking out. As we got back to my boyfriend's house, he began to act funny. He started to gag, like he was throwing up. So then we took him outside. We had him on the ground. Then, as we thought he was done, he growled. It didn't even sound like him. Then he started coming after me until Malik and my other friend, Jake, stopped him.

They had him pinned on the ground as he was looking at me, telling me to burn in hell, calling me many unnecessary names. Payton and I are best friends. I don't see him calling me that, ever in my life. So, then I knew it wasn't him. So I kept by his side trying to get him out of it. Soon, Malik and Jake couldn't hold him. He began to yell in Latin. And that's when they told me it was for my own good to go down the street to Sara's house until he got out of it. So after an hour of waiting, I saw Jake, Malik, and Payton walking down the street. Apparently he was out of it, sort of. Payton was walking on the tips of his toes and was talking to his friend "Niles." "World War 2", as he said it. Then as I walked up to him, he looked to his "friend" and told him, "It's okay. She's my friend, she won't hurt you."

That night was honestly the creepiest I have ever been through. Payton doesn't remember one moment of it, and Payton has always told me it has never left him. Just recently, the whole 10th grade went on their sophomore retreat with our school, and Payton went with them. A bunch of sophomores, including him, went "ghost hunting" in the woods at the place of the retreat and he got "possessed" in front of the whole sophomore class. So, the school board sent him to a school for mentally ill kids.

But, the ones who were there the night it first happened, know that he is not crazy, that this stuff is true. We know that he is not "ill". We know the truth, no matter how much anyone makes fun of it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, baileybusco23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PARANORMALWITNESSTV (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-08)
Thanks for sharing this terrifying story. I am a producer on the Syfy Channel's hit series - Paranormal Witness and I wanted to get in touch to find out if you would be interested in sharing your story. If so please get in touch at: olive.king [at] raw.co.uk
Many Thanks,
Lunaticfringe97 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
Wow, I had a very interesting one as well quite similar but also much worse. Anyways, if I were there I wouldn't of been afraid I would of called upon Jesus right away.
chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
not sure what to think about this story. It had a good plot and everything that's for sure; but when you left for your friends house you said about a hour later your friend payton starting walking back on his toes and half out of it. What exactly were you implying does he always walk on his toes? So the spirit was still in him but had calmed donw I don't get it. πŸ˜•
Hope619 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-25)
Wow, this is an AMAZING story! I got sooooo creeped out! 😨 I'm still shaking! Keep writing!

-Lex
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
Gavlon, I have the party invitations in my hands ~ sorry, my internet went down yesterday, so wasn't able to hand them out ~ Well... We may as well make it a free for all. 😊

MizM, Just went to refill all the bowls ~ sorry for the delay. Have some little tacos, they are delish!

Anyone for some more wine?
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
Hey! Who's hogging the chips and dip? I'm getting hungry over here. BTW, anyone have a bigger blanket?
galvon (142 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
fergie has the party invitations ready incase we need to throw more blankies jav, so don't worry i'll send you a free cheese.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
Lol Jav, There is sure to be another wine and cheese party ~ even maybe some grilled prawns! Who knows?

We MAY be having another blankie tossing, so stick around my friend!

You are always most welcome to join! ❀
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
I missed the wine and cheese? You can keep the beef jerky, but wine and cheese? 😒 AND grilled prawns?!

Jav

You guys crack me up! πŸ˜†
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Krys, Look on my profile site, you will find my address there. I would be thrilled to correspond with you. There is so much a person can Not say here! ❀
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Ok, had a bit of a "DAAAA" moment. I just checked your profile and saw that there is a way we can contact each other if you wish. Sorry!

Krys
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
We left in 1995 and unfortunately I haven't been able to visit since. I still have family living there in Pretoria and Krugersdorp. Greece is a beautiful country indeed but we have many many problems at the moment. I don't know if there is a safe way to exchange e-mails if you would like for us to keep in touch. Perhaps one of the mods can help out, that is if you would like to keep in touch. (Not trying to jump the gun here) It's just that it seems a bit inappropriate to talk in the comments section of someones experience, even though the blankie has been tossed on this one! πŸ˜‰

❀ Krys
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Krys, Pretoria is about 1 1/2 hours drive from me here in Randfontein. (If the highway isn't too congested) When did you leave S.A.?
I have traveled quite extensively, when I was younger, but never made it to Greece. Two of my daughters have though, they say it is very beautiful.
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Fergie, born and bread in Suid Afrika! BUT Ek kannie gooey afrikaans praat nie! Born in Pretoria, both parents Greek, lived there until 12 years old where they dragged my butt to Greece. Love and miss South Africa to bits! Always considered it to be home... But never really learned Afrikaans unfortunately. I know a few words, use them to talk to my cousins kids that are half Dutch. 😊

❀ Krys
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Hi Krys, you are correct, that was Afrikaans, not Dutch! I know that they are similar, so galvon would get my meaning. (which he did!)
My Hollands is too rusty, I last visited there in 1964. 😒
Krys, do you have a South African connection? You obviously know the "Taal"! πŸ˜•
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Hi all! Galvon I think Fergie was writing Afrikaans and not Dutch! πŸ˜†

Krys
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Lol Taz, I love your idea of blankie throwing becoming an Olympic Sport!

A special NEW catagory opened, for YGS members only.

I can just see it now, emblazened in big lights.
πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ (Nudge, nudge!)
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
im glad to see I'm not the only one who ha knoticed the blanky has been needed ALOT of late!
Great idea getting them on order fergie who knows it could become an olimpic sport in years to come~
The ygs bs blanky throw.
And the gold medal goes to...
Granny for the first throw, congrats granny
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
All we nee now is for the o/p to pop in and call everyone rude/nasty and say "ITS ALL TRUE"
OH WAIT THAT WAS IN THE LAST BIT OF THIS STORY!
Taz
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Yep that was definitely a demon you were lucky it didn't possess all of you that day! Actually even us here are lucky, but we have a special blanket that protects us all from these sort of things. 😁

Wow the ol blankie has become rather popular over the last 6 months! It's awesome! 😁 😁

Dan
galvon (142 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
it's lekker slapen and tot ziens fergie, but good try:P

And yeh I know my cheeses I'm dutch...

And i'll just get hercules:O.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Great stuff Galvon, sounds like you would really know you cheese then?! Old Amsterdam sounds mighty good to me... 😁
Umm...About that big vacuum cleaner... Do you have one handy? Are you strong? I hope so! Because... I am off to bed now.
Lekker slaap, tot siens!
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
wel I'm a dutchman, so a real cheesehead, i'll look what I can get, some old amsterdam cheese sounds delicious tough.

A big mess ehh... We'll just get a giant vacuum cleaner next we always have a solution.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Wow Galvon, that sounds like a great idea! One massive blankie, cover the whole lot at one fell swoop!? Mmm, Not sure though, wouldn't it make a big mess, if we sat on them?
πŸ€”
By the way... Could you bring some cheese, to go with the wine? That would be so nice! 😊
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
what if we sow all the blankies togather and make a massive blanky to cover this all up!

Than sit on the blanky, drink our wine eat our food, smile with laughty. 😊 😊
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Galvon, It looks like we might need a whole lot of blankies! πŸ˜•
Have you noticed a whole out-break?...I will have to get in contact with the factory! Order them wholesale?

C'mon over, grab this nice Big glass,...special export quality... Finest in S.Africa! πŸ˜‰
galvon (142 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
suggest finding a bigger one fergie.

=p.

And i'll take a glass of wine if you don't mind.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Lol MizM, Grilled prawns to spare... Plenty more... Some nice chilled wine to go with it? πŸ˜‰
I'm sure we always re-toss the blankie, or maybe find a bigger one? πŸ€”
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Aww man, I missed the blankie toss.: (However, I refuse to miss the food. LOL
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
the odd thing is, she stil hasnt posted a comment back too us.

Mayby shes writing another story about the woods.
Scrub (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
a nice high school Myth. Haven't heard something like this in years and if your going to even attempt to lie then it won't be evry affective and as posted by others, their are countless things wrong with your story but if it is true then you have my apology but we are all entitled to our point of view.
Thanks for the Myth.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: