You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Swimming Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Swimming Ghost

 

It's normal for me to go swimming a lot over summer. Yesterday though had to be the most fun even though there were barely any people there. I decided that I would start swimming back and forth in the pool to make me get used to holding my breath longer. I was halfway to the shallow side and I felt someone brush against my leg. I didn't have goggles, so I couldn't see who was there. When I moved my head out of the water, nobody was nearby. I guessed that it was a ghost because they appeared often near our neighborhood and most of the ghosts I encountered were friendly. I just kept swimming.

A while later, again near the same spot, I felt someone kick me on the same leg as last time. Again, nobody was near. This was really interesting because I didn't think that ghosts would really go swimming. I never got to see or feel it swimming before because I always hung out on the deep side doing flips and jumps. Also, the water always seemed cooler than most days and in some spots warmer and in some spots cooler. It was so cool! The thing is, sometimes I can feel that someone is watching me or feel it sometimes. Maybe it's watching over me or something.

This happening told me that ghosts can appear in the most unexpected places from the pool or anywhere else.

Other hauntings by Adventure_Ms_Aqua

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Adventure_Ms_Aqua, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

DeadGirlsGhost (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
That seems weird. Just today I took my 7 year old niece swimming. She didn't know how to swim, paddle or anything. She had taken her float off and she was drowning one minute and the next she was swimming like a pro. And trust me, I was in varsiety swimming and she swam better than me and I hold my schools record of the best. Maybe a possession? Well your story is awesome and if it happens again that would be awesome.
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Alot of the times when you swim you do think you feel something brush your legs and such but it; s really the water, it happens to me alot. But what you felt could easily be a spirit! It seems like a nice one if it didn't harm you, which is awesome.
You should go there more often and see if it happens again!
Take care,
Chrono 😳
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Hello Adventure, it looks like the ghost are happy to swim with you. Like fizzylizzie's comment, except that I never felt any ghosts in the pool, the ghosts are just having fun 😊.
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
wow its so weird to say but it too has happened to me, only I was swimming along in my pool (old house pool was built around 1947 )
I felt was was like human hair rubbing against my leg like some one swam by me
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Dear Adventure,

So, you do think it was a ghost that brushed your leg and kicked you. Your whole neighborhood has ghosts and you have seen them all, and they are friendly ghosts. Well, maybe one or more of your friendly neighborhood ghosts followed you to the pool, and like you, just wanted to cool off in the pool with a cold swim in order to avoid the summer heat. Yes, ghosts are free to roam or swim where they want to, and as you know they even haunt neighborhoods too. Glad that you can see them and recognize that they are friendly too. Must be like, "Casper" the friendly ghost who can do the ghost paddle, ghost stroke and ghost tread water. Maybe Esther Williams should be alerted. Happy ghost, synchronized swimming, Abby
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
o wow! Thanks for te advice! Hmm ever thought about the sea floor? I bet the people that drowned with the Titanic haunt the ocean floor or the remains! I hope they find some evidence of it being haunted down there...
YOUYEEN (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-17)
same story happened to me. During my swimming lessons I saw a wyt lady on the pool. I was scared! I faled that subject beacause I never swim again. Until now I can't swim...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: