You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Whatever It Was, It Didn't Like Dogs

Real Ghost Stories

Whatever It Was, It Didn't Like Dogs

 

I was staying at my grandparents house in Western Australia recently and it was about 11:00 at night. Their house had always given me a feeling of uneasiness, but any odd sounds heard at night could usually be passed off as the old wooden floorboards creaking.

My grandparents had already gone to bed a few hours ago, as old people do, and I was awake chatting away on the internet with the dog resting on my lap. My dog's ears suddenly pricked up like he had heard something and was listening for the source. He then lifted his head, and after a moment, jumped from my lap and ran from the room. I didn't think anything of it. I thought he was just going to investigate a cat that had wandered into the backyard, or had grown tired of me and had gone to sleep in my grandparent's room. It was only when I heard him growling that I realised something was off. I left the computer and went to investigate. I found Woollie, which is the dog's name- in the lounge room aggressively baring his teeth and growling, hackles raised, at what appeared to be thin air. I had never seen him look so terrifying and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. His face was tilted upwards as if he was looking at the face of someone just a bit taller than me (I'm 5'11''). This continued for a few seconds while I asked him, "Woolie, what is it? What is it?", though looking back I don't really see how he could have answered. Suddenly, Woollie caved in at his side and fell to the floor, ending up about a metre away from where he was originally standing and he let out a little yelp of pain. It looked like whatever he was growling at had kicked him in the side, hard. Woollie scrambled to his feet and ran behind me, done with being 'guard dog'. At that point I was terrified, so I picked up the dog and ran into the bedroom I was staying in and closed the door, quickly. After about ten minutes, Woollie decided he was brave again and needed to check the house so I opened the door and followed him. After sniffing the whole entire house he was satisfied that whatever it was, it wasn't there anymore. I'm hoping that it doesn't come back.

The one thing that baffles me about this is that I was always told that demons and ghosts can't hurt you, but they hurt my dog. How do I stop this from happening again, to me or my pets?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, muse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

muse (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Thank you so much, Oerath. I will definitely try that and let you know how it turns out.
Oerath (30 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Rook is a great guy, very knowledgible, and hence I have saved his cleansing ritual:

Rook's Cleansing Ritual:

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

You can also take additional steps such as warding entries with salt or iron, and prayers of protection, as well as forcefully stating your claim to the home and desire that all unwelcome entities remove themselves.

Hope it helps!
Squeaks (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
The idea of anything hurting my dogs really raises my ire. Not knowing what is causing that hurt or knowing how to stop it is a really scary thought. I wish I had some productive advice for you, but the suggestion that Mannerizms posted makes sense to me.
Good luck!
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
I can tell you from experience (I have a story 'Children will always be afraid of the closet') Anything that is negative unfortunatly if you are open in any way and not protecting yourself or pets you may have an issue, if it is a good spirit no it cannot hurt you. I would say whatever your religion is find a blessing or protection prayer/spell/ritual what have you and this way it can keep anything negative out.

Also I would recommend looking up RookDygin here on the site, he has an AMAZING protection and cleansing you can do to better the spirits or energies in your home.

I hope this helps!

Blessed be ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: