You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Who Touched My Head?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Touched My Head?

 

This happened about 2-3 years ago when I was 12-13. I'm 15 now. I live in Victoria, Australia. It was when I was going through a rather depressing stage and my mum had recently moved in with her partner. (about a month)

All day that day, my dog wouldn't leave my side, for whatever reason. I was home alone all day too, so whenever I sat in my room on the computer, or went downstairs to the lounge room, my dog would trot RIGHT beside me and keep looking up at me. Almost like she's seeing if I'm okay. Which I was.

She wasn't hungry, and she didn't even go to the toilet. Hell, I even tried to put her outside, she refused. But once I did, she nearly went through the window in an anxiety attack. (well, I was assuming that at the time) It was so strange. I let her in, and sat on the couch once more, she hopped up beside me. It was cold and rainy, but it didn't let the weather make me assume anything was up, until, my dog started giving out a rather aggressive growl and looking up at the ceiling, around the room and RIGHT beside where I was sitting. Her growl was so eerie, and her eyes became glassy. Now feeling a cold chill, I kindly called my dog, hoping she'll snap out of it. She didn't.

She ran up onto my lap and sat on it. By this point, I was freaking out and tears formed in my eyes. I pushed my dog off my lap and bolted outside, hoping it'll go away.

Left in the rain, I heard my dog bark a few, rather, agressive barks, then silence. I just assumed it went away and turned around, which it did, and I was left with my dog sitting at the door, wagging her tail like nothing happened. Tempted to stay outside, I forced myself to walk back inside, patting my dog. She seemed pretty happy with herself, but still remained by my side at ALL times.

I didn't feel or hear anything, and my dog stayed herself, until later that night.

It was about 1:30-2am and I was just finishing up talking to my friends on msn. I shut my computer off and crawled into bed, my dog curled up beside me still. She was asleep, and I wasn't all that tired, so I just decided to play some games on my Ipod for awhile.

At around 3am I still wasn't all that tired, so I just locked my ipod and rolled over onto my side and closed my eyes, hoping I'd just drift off to sleep anyway.

I was feeling a bit crappy and upset at the time, so I just tried to zone out. That's when my dog got up and moved herself to the edge of the bed, looking into one of the corners. I tried to ignore it once again and called her, but she just ended up barking and running straight to the corner, looking about halfway up the wall. I started to panic and cried, covering my ears with my hands. That's when my dog moved back onto my bed and sat beside me. I then felt a strong presence beside me, still with my hands over my ears and crying.

A few moments later, I felt a SOLID object pat me on the head, not hard or soft, just almost like a pat you'd give a dog after it does something good. It really freaked me out and my dog barked so much she started snorting. I then called out to my mum and she came running into me, crying and just freaking out in general. She knew all too well what was going on and sat beside me until I calmed down and fell asleep.

The next day mum pulled me up to have a talk. She said; "I think I might know what patted you on the head, hun. I think it might be my dad"

Which makes sense because it was only about 3-5 days before his birthday and mum said she's been feeling something always with her. Especially when she's with her new partner. She said she's even thought she'd seen something in the kitchen when she was upstairs, but never thought anything of it.

----------------------

So do you think my dog knew something was up with the way she was acting all day that day?

Could it of been my mum's dad patting me on the head, letting me know everything is okay?

I'm not sure if I was seeing or feeling things, because I was WIDE awake and I kind of trust an animals insticts. Dogs don't get agressive at a corner randomly, now do they?

Please, I would like to know what this was.

It's backed RIGHT off since mum kindly told it to leave, but my dog still growls at the same corner every now and then. And I'm not some dumb teen, I am VERY interested in these kind of things. So I'd like to know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AshlynnKing, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Does your dog shiver when she looks up and growls at the ceiling?

I ask this because she might be Epileptic or may have a brain tumor because when a dog has a brain tumor or is epileptic they tend to look up at the ceiling and growl or bark I know this because my one dog is epileptic and has these symptoms when he is having a seizure.

For the hand that patted you on the head I think that your mother is right he is there to comfort you.
Q-man (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
My dog and cats sometimes stare at random places where there is nothing, but they never bark or hiss. If they ever do look at something for a long time, I investigate for something non-paranormal. My kitten once stared at a light switch for a very long time, I took of the cover plate and there was a roach behind it.
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Animals can see things we don't. Whenever your dog barks and growls at nothing, take a picture of what he is looking at. You might catch something, and share it with us 😊.
Rocker0897 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Yes many people say that dogs have higher senses and can more easily catch things like that and that could have scared your dog causing it to go crazy like that. And it could easily be your dad trying to reach and let you know he's there. Hope it helps 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: