You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Old Civil War Hospital and the Old Indian Burial Ground

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Civil War Hospital and the Old Indian Burial Ground

 

Well Hello Everyone! When I was 14, I had a friend who experienced a lot of supernatural experiences. She used to tell me she experienced them both in her dad's house and her mom's house and once before she moved to the houses she previously lives in. When she was 3, she used to see her dead grandfather near the swing set in her backyard. When her mom asked her what she was doing, she replied, "I was playing with Grandpa..." Her mom was a bit worried and told her to come inside. Nothing happened for a while after that until she moved into her mom's house which was an old Civil War hospital.

The old Civil War hospital had a lot of strange happenings. One time my friend told me that she saw some of her dead cats and sometimes dead people. When I asked about the strange happenings my friend replied that she had one more story for me. She told me that every night something would bang the middle of her door at midnight and then it would go away. She never investigated this until I wanted to help. I was a bit to scared to spend the night with her but I said I would go and see her room in the day.

When we were there, I felt like there was something in the house. I had never seen a ghost or felt a presence before, but now I was sure that something was in her house. I decided to help my friend by figuring out how to stop this knocking on her door at night. I told her to try to talk to the knocking and say, "Hey is there anyone there?" After she did that the knocking stopped and the appearances began. Every once in awhile a ghost of a girl about age 7 would show up at my friend's house. Of course I still have never seen a ghost because I was too scared to spend the night at her house when these appearances showed up, but I do believe my friend because her brother saw them too. He was not a fibber, he would not lie.

So this little girl would go around the staircase in her mom's house at night when my friend was doing homework. When the ghost showed up, we decided she needed a name. My friend told me to think of a name, so I did. I came up with the name Cecilia because the ghost was Silly and the Sillia was a little lame. So I told my friend the name and one night she asked the ghost who started to knock again if her name was Cecilia and the ghost said, "No, that's my mom's name. My name is Annie..." After that, my friend continued to talk to her about stuff, much of it I don't remember.

The one thing they talked about was becoming friends. My friend asked Annie if she wanted to be her friend and Annie said yes. After about three weeks or so, the little ghost Annie told my friend she had to go and thanked her for being her friend. This was a bit creepy because during that time at my house, which was a few houses down, I was always feeling a presence in my basement room at night. I don't know exactly what happened at my house but all I know is that I knew something was there and it went away when the ghost in my friend's house left. Maybe it was Annie? I don't know.

My friend experienced supernatural events after the ghost left at her mom's house, by the way.

My friend experienced a lot of different Indian appearances at her dad's house near the West Virginia border. Once she was pushed into the water when she went to the creek near her dad's house. The creepy part is that she was alone! After being pushed, she saw an indian male across the creek and she ran. She saw at least three other indian ghosts near her dad's house. I wonder if that had anything to do with her being 16% indian? I don't have a clue.

My friend had many stories that she shared with me when we lived near each other. She experienced white blobs and lots of ghosts. It was fun to hear about the ghost Annie that I helped. She probably needed a friend before she could go home, and a friend she got!

Thanks for listening ;D

Ceary

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ceary, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Dear Alan (amosmoses),
Well sadly I have not seen or heard from my friend who lives in the old hospital in years. I don't even know if she lives there...anymore... I am very sorry 😢There are many many haunted houses around though... Just ask around :D I hope that you find what you are looking for :D

Ceary :D
amosmoses (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Hi CearyAwesome,
My name is Alan and I belong to a ghost investigation group in Virginia. We were wanting to conduct an investigation at a Civil War battle field. Is there any chance we could look at the Hospital sometime?
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Hey Everyone this is Ceary. I have a new Username because I could not get my email and I had to change it. So anyway, I am here and CearysAwesome is my new username.

Um...alosa1066 about the book of yours, I am glad that you like my story but I don't feel comfortable putting it into a book. I would only feel comfortable if my friend knew and could say yes to putting her story into a book. I have not seen her in years and don't have contact with her. I am sorry. I hope you find some other good stories though! Well have fun 😁

Sincerely,
Ceary :D
alosa1066 (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Hello.

My name is Christopher Balzano, a researcher and writer from the Boston area. I am currently working on a book entitled, Ghostly Adventures: Chilling True Stories from America's Haunted Hot Spots, that includes a section on first hand experiences with the paranormal. I would like to use your story in my book. I was hoping you could retell me your story.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please e-mail me back at alosa1066 [at] masscrossroads.com

I thank you for your time, and I hope to hear back from you.

Christopher Balzano
Massachusetts Paranormal Crossroads
www.masscrossroads.com
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Dear Ceary,

I do appreciate you sharing your friend's stories told from your own personal point of view. They do make one think. I hope in the near future that you will also share your own personal ghost or paranormal stories with myself and other readers on this site too. It would be great to have your friend share her many other stories firsthand too. Thanks, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-17)
Thank you for sharing your interesting story with us. I also agree with Martin if you or your friend want to share more with us, please do.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
slghosts (13 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-17)
That is very interesting and I think that would be alittle cool to see Annie and talk to Annie and to see the Indians!
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-07-17)
Looks like your friend was a very strong psychic medium, if you're still in contact with her, tell her to send us some stories!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: