You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Omen Of Black Hooded Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Omen Of Black Hooded Figure

 

As a child I grew up living one street up from my Best friend. Each night as I left his house I felt as if I was being watched leaving from a footpath a little way up the road. I used to run home as fast as I could as the feeling was very heavy.

As an older person now (30 at the time of the strange event) my friend had moved out and lived a couple of towns over.

Myself and another friend were driving home after being out and we came to the part of the road where the footpath was. This area how has a small restriction point in the road and a street lamp so we approached the area and the atmosphere was extremely calm. We drove to the restrictor and as we pasted through it we both were not talking... Once through and slightly up the road I said "Did you see that" and my friend calmly replied "What, the 7 foot tall Black hooded figure with a long drawn white face". I said yeah... We both went quiet and that was the end... The strange thing is as we approached it we could see it was solid and the feeling was one of "no reaction". We are both very observant people but we didn't react. The face has little to no features but the white of the face seemed almost florescent in how it stood out. The figure was tall and broad and the hood on the cloak was Death / Monk like... As I thought about it over time the old view of "Death" springs to mind. The whole area I live and grew up in has a long history of ghosts and highwaymen etc. But this was like a for filling prophecy from what I could sense as a child.

About 6months later my best friend who lived near the road (the other person in the car that night was another close friend of this guy) was found dead in his flat by myself and his family. He died over night of instant pneumonia but I believe it to be a massive heart attack due to his size. I think this sighting and the calmness was a visit/omen of death so that when it happened I was not shocked. I loved my best friend like family but from the moment he died until now I am extremely calm and cold about it. I feel that the sighting prepped me for it and to almost expect it. To this day I do not want to see it again but I do want to know what it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ukghostwitness, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ukghostwitness (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
Thanks for the comments... Its funny as I had not thought of it in the way you all have said... But I have to say I think I agree...

Given the fact that as a child when leaving this same friends house each evening I would come out of his driveway and run home as the location I eventually saw this figure was only a short way in the other direction but at night it always felt like someone from that location was staring at and following me... I kind of feel now that this was also part of the same message.

The fact I felt this as a young lad and then the feeling was justified with the final vision is kind of cool.

I actually had a very strange vision of my friend 1 week after he died and it was extremely vivid. Happy to tell more as the situation around it was very strange.

I have a few other example of the paranormal which have happened in my child hood home so let me know if you would be interested in hearing them. And again thanks for your advice and blessings. 😆
galvon (142 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
as snowite had said.

It can be an angel of death, probly azreal.

He's said to be the Arch angel of death, perhaps he warned you because you'd be too torn down about your friends death, so he calmed your soul for reasons only known too you.

The dark clothing can mean death was nearing, and him having a white face could mean that he was showing signs of good, that your friend would be sure to be brought to a better place.

I hope we hear more of you.

And if this figure visits you in your dreams now too tell you how your friend is.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Does anyone agree with me? I think it is the angel of death. He came there to collect your friend's son before he died.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Wow I am sorry about the loss of your friend! But I do see how you can be calmed after seeing what you did, maybe it was a warning and seeing it you subconsciously were ready for it? Anyways, sorry about your friend again.

Blessed be ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: