You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hotel Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Hotel Hallway

 

A month or so ago I went out of town with my mom because she had a work conference. We were gone for the weekend and on the first night there I had a strange experience.

We decided to leave late at night as opposed to early in the morning, mainly because my moms conference was in the morning and we didn't want to rush from our house which was about two hours away. Sometime after midnight we got to our hotel and checked in then went straight to our floor.

As we got out of the elevator, there was a hallway that lead to what I later found out was a banquet room, then there was a corner on the other side of the elevator that lead to the hallway where the rooms were. One thing about the hallway was that it had this eerie old look to it, and a large steel door across the hall from our room. I assumed the door was for room service but still it really seemed out of place there. As we tried to get into our room that the card key wouldn't open the door, so my mom said that she would go down to the lobby to see what the problem was. This left me alone in the hallway and at first it didn't bother me until a few seconds after I heard her enter the elevator and leave.

I remember just standing there and having an overwhelming feeling, then it was as if somebody was in the hall or was coming into hall. But I was staring at the hallway that lead to nothing but a wall, and that's where it felt like someone was. I shrugged it off and thought somebody was probably about to leave their room, but nobody ever came out. I kept standing there in front of the room door, waiting. Then suddenly I heard something on the other end of the hall (where the banquet room was).

It sounded like footsteps at first and they sounded like they were getting closer. I'm not going to lie, I was getting a little freaked out by then but despite that I really thought it was somebody just walking. But when the footsteps got to the corner that turned into my hall they stopped. At that point I wanted to leave and go by my mom in the lobby but the stairs and elevator were where these footsteps were so I just stayed. It was almost immediately after the footsteps stopped that I could vaguely hear a tapping sound. This sound though seemed to be in one place. I had really hoped that somebody was there, waiting for the elevator or something but honestly I knew better because there was nobody at the banquet end of the hall when we first got there, and I know that of somebody did for after us I would have heard it.

Shortly after this my mom came back with new keys and we went into our room. I debated on whether or not to tell her what happened but at the time I was still trying to figure it out myself. At first I thought I was tired and imagined it, but a day later we were walking through the lobby when I overheard a guy talking to somebody about a strange thing that happened to him in the hall that night (the night after my experience). I didn't hear what it was because we were in a hurry, but obviously after hearing him say this it had me thinking. I don't know what it was or if there was a connection between what he heard and what I heard. I can't find any information either, the only thing I could find on the hotel was a website and reviews.

Other hauntings by themiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, themiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

themiss (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Thanks everyone for reading and placing comments. I would have tried to gather more information on the hotel while I was there but I just didn't have the time. I really wish that I did now because like I said in my story I can't find any information on the hotel, at least any that state anything paranormal. I'm thinking of having friends that live in the city where this happened see what they can find for me, because other than that all I can come up with is that like someone commented that it's a spirit replaying their stay at the hotel.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
That's a cool experience, you can gather informations if you can get hold of a crew there. If I was you I would have explored the hotel (not at night 😁)

~Nikky
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Hi themiss

I think sometimes what we can't see freaks us out the most! Just the feeling of waiting for something to happen or for someone (or something) to appear is quite scary especially when you have that funny feeling that something just isn't quite right...

The visual I get when I reads this story is someone heading from the banquet room to the elevator and then tapping their foot waiting for the elevator doors to open... Perhaps residual energy or a ghostie replaying their stay at the hotel. Thanks for sharing 😊
terminaterdon (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Yes,manerzims is right, you should catch some one, give that person some treats and then try to extract info
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
I work at a hotel and I can tell you from personal experience, we do not talk about that and we are not to share that with anyone as well. It is not good with business, (however, if you ask the night crew and no managers are there you will have better luck)

Blessed be ❤
terminaterdon (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Nicely narrated. But if the thing has connection with paranormal, I suggest you get some friends (with strong heart) to inspect the place, you may also ask old hotel staffs for the history of the place

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: