You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ride With Unknown

Real Ghost Stories

Ride With Unknown

 

This is my first post on this site (And I hope last one as well, because I don't want to experience anything like it again). I found this site while searching an answer to my questions. Before I start with my story I would like to tell you some details about it so you can get a clear picture what had happened.

I am a 25 year old guy. Before this I can't really say that I had any paranormal experience. That doesn't mean that I haven't felt anything like that, but it didn't have any proof that the actions were paranormal so I ignored them. I am not a very religious person but yes I do believe in God.

Now, let's get back to the story. This happened 2 weeks ago. It wasn't very late in the night. I was doing afternoon shift and left the office around 23 30. I took out my bike from parking and started heading towards my room (I stay in rented house as I work away from my home town). It is exactly 7 KM (I don't know in miles as we don't use it much in my country) from my office, so it hardly takes 10-15 minutes to reach home. The road which I take to go home is quite a normal one; it's not a lonely or horrifying kind of a road. And as mentioned earlier it wasn't very late at night, but this night was bit strange because normally if you go by that road and even if it's after midnight you will find other cars and bikes passing by you. But this time there wasn't any car or bike you can see within a sight. I didn't pay much attention to it and continued my journey. I took a turn and started a very short (maximum 2 mins) lonely patch which comes in between. Everything was looking perfectly fine, street light were proper even the moon light was very bright but I felt like that short patch has become very long. But still I didn't worry much about it as I thought it's my imagination.

Suddenly I saw an old man standing beside the road and waving his hand for lift. I thought it would be a very wise thing to help an old chap so I stopped the bike in front of him. But as soon as I stopped the bike he started looking at me very strangely. Still I asked him "Can I drop you somewhere, Sir?" He said "Yes. I want to go to the next corner but why did you stop?" I was bit surprised by that question. I said "I'll drop you there". Old man replied "How three of us can sit on the bike?" and he was looking at the back seat of my bike. I felt little confused and freaked out. I turned my head to look at my back seat. There wasn't anybody on the backseat but it was pressed little bit down as if someone was sitting on it. After looking at that I got completely freaked out. I looked at the old man he was very calm and as if nothing wrong in the current situation. I didn't know what to say or what to do. If somebody is sitting behind you on a bike, you will at least feel some presence? But until the old man notified me I didn't feel anything. And just to clarify that my bike is not second hand one. I purchased a brand new bike just six months ago. I haven't met any accident or any other bad thing during this period to justify this situation.

Unknown what to do, I looked at old man and started my bike to continue. As soon as I started riding I felt like someone is putting arms around my stomach. Now this scared the hell out of me and my complete body started sweating. But still I continued, because even though my parents don't believe in all this things my grandmother does and she told me numerous stories of her encounters with ghosts (or we can say spirits, I don't know exactly). When she used to tell me the stories, she always mentioned one thing that, have faith in God and yourself as well. I kept that in mind and started riding as fast as I can. Because just after that patch there is one temple of lord Ganesha and I wanted to reach there as early as possible. The grip around my stomach wasn't a very hard or hurting rather it was a very soft grip but as I started to increase my speed it started holding me tighter. (So I didn't really know what it was and why it chose me?)

Finally I reached near temple and I stopped. I couldn't dare to get off the bike as the grip was still there. I waited there for 2-3 minutes but nothing was changing, the grip was still on me. But after waiting there I was pretty sure that whatever it is, it's not going to harm me. So I started the bike again and continued, I was still pretty scared and sweating. After that I reached home within next 3-4 minutes I live with five other mates in row house (it's a big one) and we have our own parking. I entered the parking. One of my mates was sitting in the hall watching TV and the entrance door was wide open from where he saw me. I was still sitting on the bike as the grip was still there. My friend looked at me and shouted from hall itself, "Hey! What are you doing? Come inside" As soon as he shouted the grip was gone. I turned back and looked at the seat, it was normal. I parked the bike and went inside the room and closed the door. I didn't dare to tell anyone about it.

But while all this was happening, for single moment I didn't feel like something bad is going to happen with me. But of course I was scared a lot because of grip and all. And one more thing which bothered me that, if the old man could see that someone was sitting behind me then why couldn't my friend? And why all this happened with me? Because I don't have any history, any connection with this particular area or people around it which can explain this. I am still using the same road after this incident to travel, but nothing has happened. After thinking with all the aspects on what had happened I am not scared anymore but I also don't want it again.

Any suggestions for preventing it from happening again are most welcome. And any comments which to answer the questions in my mind are also most welcome.

Sorry for the length.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jaguar29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Vanessax1995 (19 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-20)
Perhaps it was a guardian angel and that the man would of done some kind of harm to you, and that's why only he could see it... Nobody thinks that something like a stranger harming them will happen to them but I'm sure you didn't expect some form of spirit to get on your bike either! Lol

Much love and respect ❤
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
Remember Mahdev has created the earth for humans and animals and plants and all living and non living beings alike. You should never forget that we are born in a country that is in the area where God himself resides. You are after all lucky to be born in India near mount Kailas on whom Lord Shiva or Mahadev the God of Gods resides.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Dear jaguar29
Your story was really interesting. Not exactly scary, but eerie indeed.
BTW,where in Pune was your office located?

Thanks
Regards
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
My goodness! Extremely scary! What I feel the reason behind that what the old man could see and you could not was that the old man whom you encountered in that road was most probably not 'human'!...'Spirits' can see 'other' spirits and so he was able to see the one sitting behind you!...The only thing I would like to advice you is if you are still continuing that particular road for your to and fro journey, please wear something 'protective' like thread/locket or carry picture of any God (may be Lord Ganesha as you said) in your purse while doing so. Its true no evil can harm you if you have something related to God. Chant Hanuman Chalisa if you feel an evil presence nearby. Good Luck!
Jaguar29 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Ohh and one more thing no one has died recently in my family...
Jaguar29 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Thank you all for reading my story and for your valueable comments, I am really sorry for such a late reply as I was out of station...
About the questions you guys have...
This happened in Pune (India)
I tried serching about the history of this perticular area but could't find any disturbing fact...
I haven't shared it with anyone else yet...
About the old man I can't say anything because when I stopped by him, I couldn't sence anything wrong. He was just like an another man (or should I say human)... 😕
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
I like this experience of yours. It sounds like a very mysterious stowaway hitched a ride with you. The man waving you down, is anyone's guess. I think he was an older spirit, maybe just helping a new spirit find it's way around. The fact that he saw someone there is what made you aware of it, you wouldn't have offered him a ride otherwise. But, who's to say he wasn't the one who put that stowaway on your bike in the first place? If he was waving you down to get you to stop for a ride, wouldn't he have waved you on as you approached him once he saw you already had a passenger? Perhaps he was sending the one you couldn't see to someone who would help them move on?
There are a hundred different scenarios that could play out in this situation, like I said, it is a mystery. And a very enchanting one at that. I really do love this account, and not just because of the questions it brings forth. I love it for it's endearing qualities as well. You got to the Temple and waited for your unseen rider to dismount from your bike. When it became clear that this was not going to happen, you continued on home as usual. The reason your mate did not see the mysterious rider was because he had no reason to. If I am correct about this rider being new to the spirit world, then it makes sense that they couldn't be seen by you or your mate. A young spirit may not have learned how to make themselves known to the living yet. And perhaps this one just wanted to get to the person that would help send them on their way.
Sorry for going on and on about it, but it is too fascinating a scenario not to imagine the dozens of possibilities.
Thank you for sharing. 😁

Jav 😊
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
Snowqueen - The Hanuman chant that you are talking about is called Hanuman Chalisa and yes it it said to be particularly effective against ghosts & demons as Hanuman is a destroyer of evil.

As in Christianity you pray to Jesus, Mother Mary and different saints, so in Hinduism we have different Gods, in fact an inordinately large number of them. But there are three main Gods - Vishnu (the sustainer of life), Brahma (the creator) and Shiva (the destroyer). Their spouses are - Lakshmi (goddess of wealth), Saraswati (knowledge) and Parvati (power).

Their offsprings are famous in their own rights as well. Ganesha is the son of Parvati. Krishna (Kanha) is a avatar of Vishnu and Durga of Parvati. Besides this there are various demigods as well.

If you think about it, this is not very different from the Greeks who used to worship different Gods and almost all of them have their parallels in Hinduism (such as Zeus, Jupiter and Indra have same characteristics).
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
I enjoyed your story I love stories from India! As I know you can stay safe by chanting the Hanuman phrases or something? (Don't know the hindi word).

I don't know which Lord you pray but does that really matter? I have seen some pray for Ganesha, Kanha, Durga (sorry if I did any mistakes in the names). I don't understand that Hindu people (Hindu is one relegion) so why they pray for different Lords? That depends on the person or different places?

~Nikky
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Need some more info here -
1. Which place is this in India? You said you were returning home from an afternoon shift. I am assuming the place has to be one among Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Delhi NCR, Gurgaon, Noida and Chennai.
2. Has anyone else said anything about this road? Did you share this with anyone?
3. How long have you been living at this place?
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Rocker0897: Is that true about the demons not being able to go into a church? I am just wondering because there are sites where they have pics of demons or evil spirits in churches that are said to be "authentic." But who knows, people make up a lot of stuff to get attention.
Rocker0897 (1 stories) (12 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Well for I don't know why but some people can just see spirits and some people can't it's as simple as that but the spirit didn't seem to harm you and seeing as you stopped in front of the church it couldn't have been anything like a demon so I'd say don't get to worked up bout it. And I really enjoyed the story 😁
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
I was thinking the same thing as Queenzombie. Also as well: has anyone in your family died around that time. Maybe that could be it. Or the ghost just wanted a ride. 😉

GIRLIE ❤
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
I really enjoyed your story. I have read it twice to make sure I didn't miss out on any details.

Question though, are you sure the old man was not a ghost himself? I have heard from a few of these stories on this site that ghosts can be very human looking and non transparent.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: