You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Basement Suite

Real Ghost Stories

My Basement Suite

 

I'm new to this website, and have never actually told this story to that many people. So here I go...

My ghost encounter took place at my old house, which I lived in when I was 17. The downstairs was made up of a basement suite, laundry room, and where I had my bedroom. At the time, only my mother, her boyfriend at the time, and I lived in the house (my brother and sisters were living on their own).

I was lying on the couch around 1am watching TV, when all of the sudden the doorknob started to shake as if someone wanted in. I always locked the door downstairs at night, because I liked having my privacy, and just that I felt safer. Well anyways, I asked who was there and as clear as day I heard, 'mom'. When I got up to open the door, I couldn't understand what she wanted, considering she never comes downstairs. Nobody was there, and I know for a fact nobody was playing a trick on me. I ended up having to leave the house to my friends because I was so scared.

When I told my friend what happened, she filled me in on the experience she had one of the nights she slept over. She said during the night there was the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs; she never got to sleep that night either. I remember her telling me that she didn't get much sleep, but just left it at that, she hasn't slept over since that incident and now I knew why.

Some believe me, and some don't, but I know what I have experienced in that house was something that I can't explain. The only other thing that happened was one of the cupboard doors opened by itself... But that's not what I noticed; it was when it slammed shut by itself. That was a few weeks before we moved out. All of the paranormal happenings occurred downstairs, and I honestly don't know why.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lucidity, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
I agree with LexiBlue. See what you can find on the house or the land. It would make sense (sense you said everything happened downstairs) that maybe there could have been a one story house on that land before the one you lived in at that time. Just do some research. And I wouldn't be scared. It do anything to you, just let you know it was there.
GIRLIE ❤
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
I wouldn't talk to the people who live there now. If they are not having the same experiences you did then you won't want to freak them out.

This ghost doesn't seem dangerous though. It sounded like it just wanted attention. They seem to get lonely.
LexiBlue (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
How long have they been going on? How long have you lived in the house? And did anything happen before age 17? Maybe someone died in the house and never left... If I were you I'd try getting more information about the house. Talk to the people who live there now. Maybe see if they have any weird experiences. Good Luck and Thank You for the story.

❤ LexiBlue 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: