You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Stones at the Borley Rectory

Real Ghost Stories

Stones at the Borley Rectory

 

I have been to borley rectory about 6-7 times. Nothing ever happened until me 6th time. We went into the church yard to explore, when I heard something drop near me, about 5 feet away. At first I thought it had stared to rain. I ignored it. It then happened again, only this time I saw it, a stone appearing from nowhere dropped next to me. I shivered with the thought of what it could be.

This happened a lot, getting worse. All around the church. The back being the worst. To this day I have no idea what was throwing the stones... Local residents seemed distant. Stones were falling regularly, near and around me. Some small, some very big. I also thought I heard footsteps but I'm not sure. I stayed for about half an hour, and about 30 stones fell. 2 actually hitting me, around my feet. I kept a stone, a small white chalky stone. I still have it now. Although the colour has gone.

Whether I will go back to the church or not I have yet to decided, although I can say that borley rectory is a very very strange place to be. Cold patches around the church, noises, and strange residents. I want to take others the the see it all. Hopefully soon I will go back there. And hopefully it will happen again

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cattee07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Abby (710 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
Dear Harvey,

I used to read about these types of things with stones appearing out of thin air and being thrown about. There have even been larger rocks that have pelted roofs of houses.

I used to also get a kick out of the old Fate magazine which was one of the first publications with many reports of paranormal stories. This rectory has become quite a tourist attraction too. I don't know if many have been as lucky as you to experience what you did.

I have never had something like that occur. I have had things go missing and then reappear again or sometimes little gifts like money (bills and coins), pieces of candy or gum and even flowers or flower petals would appear. The flowers and petals started to appear out of seemingly nowhere and quite frequently right after my fiance had been killed in Vietnam, though has now lessened greatly with the passing years.

I would like to go to the rectory one day, but there is always so much to do when I have traveled over there. One can't possibly fit it all in.

As Shane already said in his post, Thanks for sharing your story. Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
If you do return, please take a camera and recording device along with you, so that you might capture what may be haunting the place. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: