You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Old Houses Have Great Stories

Real Ghost Stories

Old Houses Have Great Stories

 

I moved into this house about seven years ago in 3rd grade. It's about 95 years old now, and I've had a few experiences that I'd like to share.

My first experience in this house, I can't remember how old I was, I was home alone and because it was late at night, I was already pretty paranoid. At the top of my staircase, the wood squeaks when someone is about to walk down the steps. I remember hearing faint squeaking, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a faint white mist appear at the top of the stairs.

My next experience was about five years ago when I was waking up a lot at night and not being able to fall back asleep. I kept thinking it was just my imagination, but I kept hearing footsteps in my living room downstairs. Occasionally, it sounded like my dogs were playing with someone. They were puppies at the time and they were very good at sleeping during the night. I even remember one of dogs kept barking and when I went downstairs to see what her problem was, I swear I heard someone walking behind me and breathing heavily.

About a year or two ago, I started sleeping in the attic. I was still waking up a lot, and normally at the same times. I remember that at approximately 3AM, never later than 3:05, I would hear footsteps on my stairs. They're old squeaky wood steps, and you can hear every step on them. For a long time I convinced myself that it was just the wood settling, but I started to notice that it was the same time every night. Other times during the night, I would see shadows moving out of the corner of my eye.

There have even been times during the day that I would experience things in the attic. Things would move, the light in my closet would turn on, and silence would be broken by sounds I couldn't explain.

Other hauntings by Krissy3dg

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krissy3dg, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Krissy3dg (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
I feel like I wrote a lot more but I suppose the website cut it out. Not sure why.
glodypink (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
wow maybe there are spirts in your house. And I think they are good ones because they haven't harmed you or anybody, is that right?
😐
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Wow the footsteps & shadows sound familiar
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=13043

About the witching hour; people used to say midnight was the witching hour because it was the safest time for witches to go out to meet up (or meet with the devil when that was believed what they were doing) or preform magic without being caught. People largely got up at dawn or a bit before back then so even night owls were generally asleep by then. More recently 3 a.m. Has been called the witching hour, having less to do with witches specifically & more to do with the kinds of things witches might be associated with. A popular theory is that since most people are asleep by then (night people have finally gone to bed & morning people won't be up for an hour or so in general) there is the least amount of interference in the atmosphere from electronic use, human emotional output, etc. So it is easier to detect things that can be hard to pick up on at other times. Things like seeing or hearing ghosts, having visions, pyschic activity, atral travel etc.
Krissy3dg (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
I didn't know 3 AM was witching hour! That's pretty cool. I'll remember that.
Minxymoo25 (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
Sounds Scary... Did you also know that 3am is witching hour!
LexiBlue (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
Wow. I have kind of the same problem at my house. 😐 And yeah sometimes my cats would play with each other but other times I hear noises and go to check on them and they'd be asleep on their kitty tower. And today my cat was almost pasted me when I saw it almost be lifted in the air by nothing! I had no idea what it was... So I see where your coming from. Oh and I'm 14 so yeah we've lived ub our house for 8 years bye now...

❤ LexiBlue 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: