You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Black Hooded Guardian

Real Ghost Stories

My Black Hooded Guardian

 

I have always had strange experiences, and seen things I can't explain. This is one of those times. I had been living in Germany for a year and a half before I saw him first. He just appeared in the corner of my eyes in the beginning, but I could see a black hooded figure, almost as if he was wearing a cloak. He would just stand there, watching. I'd pass him by, or see him in the far distance. But he was there almost on a weekly basis. Seeing him almost became comforting, like a guardian angel looking after me.

Eventually I got used to seeing him, though I couldn't help but feel a thrill of fear whenever I saw him. But the one time that sticks to mind is the night of my first Homecoming dance. We had our homecoming my sophmore year in a nice ballroom. There was a balcony, overlooking a construction site. I had gone outside to admire the moonlight, right before it began to rain. Looking down, over the construction site, I spotted him, just a few meters away. He was just standing there, a floor down, under an oak tree. I was alone on the balcony, so nobody could see him, and I almost waved. I could see him for almost a minute before he vanished.

The reason why I called him my guardian is because usually I would see such dark things, they would scare me enough to keep me up at night. But while he was there, I wouldn't see anything frightening. In fact, I didn't see anything but him. He was nonthreatening, and silent, like a hooded guard. Now that I no longer spot him, I actually am starting to miss him.

He was about six feet tall, wearing a black cloak, but dark like shadows not like velvet. I could never see his face, and I never saw him moving. He was just there, and then he would vanish. Unlike the other things I would see, he stood as still as a statue.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sjdillon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lucivar (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
I agree with blackness, no good spirit I have encountered has given me that " thrill of fear". Generally the only thing I feel is comfort, as if I am surrounded by loved ones and others that I trust. As for the black cloaked part, that generally isn't a good thing, and by disappearing the entity may be trying to get you to call to it, so that you are open to it's return, so that you are vulnerable, and it may do what it wishes.
BlueBakemono (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Yikes! I meant NOT cloaked in a black shadow! Hehehehehe...
BlueBakemono (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
It is probably evil. Most good entities are cloaked in a black shadow. Not to mention the fact that you said you feel fear whenever you see it.
It may not have tried to harm you yet, but it is most likely not trying to protect you for very good reasons. 😐
smiley101 (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
You make this sound more cute than scary 😢. I would be scared shiatless if I saw something like him.
blackness (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
[at] Cohendy in my own personnel experience (many of which have been good and bad), every dark figure never has been good. The good ones never give you that 'thrill of fear' only comfort.
Cohendy (1 stories) (20 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Blackness: That's a rash judgement. How can you decide that this entity is evil just by reading this account?

SjDillon: May I ask what other things you have been seeing appart from this cloaked guardian? And did anything special happened that could be linked with his disappearance?
blackness (10 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
Don't be fooled its evil, I doubt its there to help you in anyway it might want your trust so it could mess with you later

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: