You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Deep, Dark Laugh

Real Ghost Stories

Deep, Dark Laugh

 

I don't know how to start my story so I will just tell you about me. I'm 18 years old and have been working my butt off with my HSC and it is incredibly stressful. A few weeks ago my little sister was sick and sleeping mass amounts of hours at a time and one night, sort of morning, it was around 3 am I heard Alex rolling over in bed from 3 rooms up from her and then I heard this deep, dark laugh. It sounded, without any other word to explain it, evil! Alex is 16 this year and cannot use a deep voice to save her life, but it scared me so much I couldn't breathe!

The next morning I asked my grandfather if he heard it as well and he said that he had heard it coming from her room as well. Whenever I go into Alex's room I end up getting hurt. I was in there with Alex and her friend Baylee just chilling, talking about school and then when I stood up and said goodbye, it felt like someone had kicked me in the knee and it in fact had been dislocated by some force.

Many weird things happen in our house. Our radios (which can't be battery powered) are unplugged and start playing in both mine and mum's room. Mum thinks its her mother who passed away before our dad moved out in 2006. Also yesterday, our dad moved to Queensland and as I went to bed I felt something stroking my leg. I often feel this some nights, but I have put it down to a leg twitch. But now I'm really confused as to whether there is an entity in the house and it hates me or it really likes me.

I'm scared and I want it to stop! I have suggested a Ouija board but the fact that my mother screamed and grounded me for mentioning it makes me think that's a no.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, clandastine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

thenpea5 (20 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
I think it is the demon king. I don't want to say hades because I don't know if people believe in the olypiams. When you hear the laugh again yell leave my family alone. 😐
skystorm13 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-26)
If you think the entity is Evil and wants to harm you or your family then I agree with your mom! Do not use a ouiji Bord! It will only Make things way worse! I would try blessing the house, and maby keep some Holy water nearby at night for your own safety... 😉
mastermind_matt (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-25)
Also, I hold a Christian perspective, as orthodox as I can be as far as Biblical interpretation. I suppose I presumed that all "entities" did as well, because if they're really moving back and forth between "the veil" or what have you, they'd know the truth of the matter and so hold my perspective. I'm humble enough to know that I cannot know whether or not I'm right until I'm, well, dead. I might be wrong, and if so I'll take what's coming to me. But until that moment I will believe I'm right. That said, there's no reason to believe that supernatural entities hold my beliefs. I stand corrected.
mastermind_matt (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-25)
[at] rookdygin: I wrote this to you on another post, because of your response to another comment made there. I just wanted to be thorough in making amends:

I suppose I was taking a different definition of atheism. Respectfully, no atheist I've ever met (nor even heard of) would ever admit to believing in the supernatural whatsoever. If you went to a convention of atheists, or wrote on an atheist web board, that would likely be the unanimous consensus. I didn't mean to be presumptuous, but I was betting on the viewpoint of confessing atheists. I stand corrected, and apologize for my offense. I acknowledge a diversity of beliefs, and should have been more inclusive.
Kimmie_Ann (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Hello! I'm a little late to the party I guess but I do agree, you should never under any circumstance use a Ouiji board! Also, about your sister and the deep voice, humans have two sets of vocal cords, one that is rarely to never used by the average person. It could be that your sister managed to tap into her second set. Just trying to set you a little at ease! 😁 I hope that you've taken all these wonderful posters advice and cleansed and stayed far, far away from the Ouiji board!

Much Luck and ❤ to you!
The_Victor (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Thank you for that, Rook. I understand your point of view better now.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
The_Victor,

Interesting question... There always seems to be a 'truth basis' for every piece of Folklore and Trolls, for me anyway, fall into a category I call The Fey. These are non-human entities that are associated with the the Elements (Earth, Air, Fire and Water) Trolls fall into the 'Earth Realm' of the Elements.

Please follow this link and read 'my point of view' on the story of Creation (I wrote it from a non-religious point of view). It may help explain what I mean by a 'non-human entity'...

Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/real-psychic-story.php?story=6281

If there are further questions please feel free to ask them.

Respectfully,

Rook
The_Victor (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Rook, I see where you're coming from and I don't feel like you're picking a fight... I know that some people only believe in 'textbook' demons. I think that there are plenty more things out there that we don't understand too.
Out of curiosity, (and don't take this the wrong way), are you saying trolls are spirits? I don't know much about them. I only know the lore used in tv shows and such usually portrays them as physical beings, with unnatural powers.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
The_Victor,

I am not trying to pick a fight but did you read the same statement from mastermind_matt that was published? (quoted below so there is no misunderstanding)

"...but I guarantee you that "spirits" (if they do exist, and I tend to believe they do) ARE religious. Spirits, demons, whatever they are, aren't atheists. If they're real, they can't be."

Not much grey area there... I said it on another experience that many things we call Paranormal Entities can exist and they can be atheists... You do not have to believe in a God / Gods or Deities for Spirits / Entities / Elves / Trolls whatever you call them to exist and neither do they. Text book 'Church Demons' by their very definition can not be Atheist as they existed with 'God' before being cast out with 'Lucifer' when 'The Fall' occurred.

Atheist: One who does not believe in a God (s) or Deities.

That is the Dictionary definition of the word. For the record, I happen to be fairly Religious myself so I'm not bashing anyone due to 'religious beliefs'. I just like being on 'common ground' when it comes to discussions of the PARANORMAL... And understanding basic definitions are needed to establish this common ground.

Respectfully,

Rook
The_Victor (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
I believe what mastermind_matt was trying to say is that if it is a demon it is not an atheist... According to the bible (James 2:19), even the demons believe, and tremble.
As far as ghosts go, well, I'm no expert there. I have my own beliefs on them and I don't think they're too popular.
Sadexx (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Hi, Id just like to say that I think I have been haunted in my previous home. My partner also witnessed some very scary incidents. A vary tall dark man kept appearing at the end of my bed over a period of time. This really shook me and my partner up. It came to a head when he appeared to me one night and started punching my legs! I know it sounds extreme but I really felt this happen. My screams and fighting woke my partner up immediately and he also started lashing out. I reached for my side lamp and turned it on, and then it was gone! The room was absolutely freezing cold. We were both shaking so bad we searched the house and got up and made a cup of tea. I asked my partner what he had seen, and he described exactly the same thing as what I had seen. We were both in our early thirties... This reaaly spooked us out! I was afraid to go back to bed, so we just left the light on. After that night, I started leaving my bedroom door open so the landing light could flood through. I think that helped. But, as I was so shaken up I decided to take some action. I got some table salt and went through my house throwing it casually from room to room, asking the spirit or thing? To please leave our home and go to the light. I wished it well. I also scattered the salt around my bed for protection and spoke out loud to it asking it to please leave and go to the light. This made me feel better and I soon noticed an improvement. The atmosphere seemed to lift and I started to sleep better. I also told myself that whatever this thing was, I should not be afraid of it. I believe that these things!?! Can sometimes fester on our fears... Tell yourself to be strong, it really can work. Good Luck x
clandastine (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
I'll definitely look into it rook. Id like to think its a guardian spirit that sounds nicer. I don't lie, this is 100% true and Ias far as I know I only have steroidal pain killers nothing to make me drowsy.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
I would look seriously into what Rook has mentioned and that is the Poltergist theory, repressed mental energy manifesting itself, psychokinesis is something that is not consciously intended.

Poltergeist activity, might be caused by the subconscious of people especially teenagers just going through puberty, under stress, emotional times and hormonal peaks. It is something I find is overlooked quite frequently, give me your thoughts on this. 😊

Dan
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
clandastine,

Provided you have been honest with us then it's possible you have a guardian spirit around in this your time of need. We must also apply the scientific method... To help rule out natural causes... Which will help to establish just which experiences are 'normal' and which (if any) are Paranormal. This is where a Journal can come in very handy.

With the injuries you described I can guess you are on some pretty heavy duty medicine... Ask your doctor (s?) if any of the side effects are short term memory loss... I ask because an actual person may be adjusting these things (your glass / your hot water bottle and your just not remembering it.

Now that you have shared your situation you may want to try...'applying' the 'last part' of the suggested recipe...

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home...

Visualize this light / flame... What ever you chose as starting inside yourself and growing to the surface of your skin. Then picture it pushing all negative energies / entities / spirits out and away from you. Visualize it as a permanent 'shield'. This should help keep the negative energy / entities / spirits away... But only if you have been honest with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
clandastine (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
I want it to be something harmless to be honest. I have really bad anxiety is all. I hate it. I've been stressed with school. Pretty much after I submitted my story I was hit by a reversing car and fractured my spine. I know you won't believe me but it feels like something is taking care of me. Like just little things. I can't move much so like my water was moved closer to me don't as me how and my hot water bottle was moved closer to my back. I'm probably imagining things but yeah that's how I feel.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
clandastine,

Is there are reason you are 'leaning towards' the worst type of Paranormal situation first, without considering other possible explanations?

I do not mean to seem 'rude' but you seem really eager for a certain type of response. As strange as this may sound your knee may have suffered a dislocation and fracture from just standing and turning... Or placing your weight on it wrong... Our 'joints' can be fickle things.

I suggest keeping a Journal, if you do not already do so. Compare all of your experiences and see if there are any 'evolving' trends. Ask yourself this question as well... Man I can't think of a polite way of saying this so I'll just ask it...

Are you so desperate for a Paranormal Answer because of something 'physical' that may be happening?...That sounds bad I know, and it's a tough question... One that is going to get me bashed... But it is with-in the realm of possibility... As sick as it is.

Respectfully,

Rook
clandastine (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
I spoke to a doctor after it happened and it wasn't just my knee slipping it was a kicking injury as it was dislocated and fractured. Alex is 16 and if it came from her someone possessed her.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
clandastine,

How old is your sister? Because while it may not... Could not have 'been' your sister... It may have been 'caused' by her. As mentioned by Nysa...

"Clandestine have you explored the possibility that your sister responsible for the activity (probably unconsciously responsible)? Illness could certainly cause her unconscious release of energy to manifest in a negative manner..."

Take the state of her illness and the possibility of Poltergeist Activity due to Puberty (12-17 years of age... Plus or minus 2 years on either side?) Please keep us updated.

Mannerizms,

You embarrass me 😳

Thank you for posting the Recipe (😲) I hope the O/P checks back here and see's everything that has been said, so they can weigh all of the advice and pick and choose for themselves what to do.

Mastermind_matt,

Mastermind? Ummm point of order the definition of atheist is...

Atheist: somebody who does not believe in God or deities

Spirits are a whole different thing. You can be an Atheist and still believe in the Paranormal, Ghosts, Fairies, Trolls... And all sorts of strange and unusual things as they do not require a belief in a GOD or DEITY.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Hello Clandastine,

Thank you for sharing, as many people have stated as well, I would NOT recommend using a ouija board. This should only be done by those who know how to use them and even in those safe and controlled instances something bad can and is liable to happen. I would say just ignore it for a while, but I would be worried with the fact of you knee being dislocated, were you able to see if maybe your knee slipped out? I only say this because my knee has done that before just standing and it can be explained medically. I do wish you well and I say try Rook's cleansing, this has helped everyone!

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

When this works, I would say send a thanks to Rookdygin:)

Blessed Be ❤
clandastine (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
This is weird. I presume it's evil it certainly sounded like it. Mum isn't worried about it much but I'm really scared of the dark and I don't like being touched so the entity touching me makes me feel very uncomfortable. Our house is only about 6 years old as we live in a relatively new building estate. We aren't ner a cemetery just a primary school. No one had died in our street and we know everyone in the street as I go to school with almost every child in the street.
xdemonthekiller (9 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
I would agree with the other's do not use a ouiji board
The Ouiji board's contact the spirits/dead and by this it can tighten the hold on anyone who uses it as well to anyone near by, it invites evil spirits as well of demons to you as well on some occasions. As you said their was a bad voice which you presume as evil I would presume that, The second one stroking your leg that must be a different entity, I would suggest you to check up on your house as in previous owners/murderers their or not or such. I would also suggest maby putting crosses on some walls and have a bible by each of the bed as well to covering any mirror as their are passageways to the other plane of existence on this earth. I would believe the evil once must be a men around he's twenty or thirty and the on other entity would be maby a entity which might be a young female or male who was wounded in the legs and crawls or such.
clandastine (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
It could not have been Alex because when she was sick she had no voice a she had tonsillitis as well as glandular fever. She could not have made the noise. I don't feel safe in my room at night as stuff has happened to me in that room I want to forget and I need to do something to make it safe again.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
no ouiji board, very dangerous. I would recommend saying psalm 91 and 71 out of the king james bible before you go to sleep and when you wake. Also leaving out bowls of white vinegar mixed with sea salt left to evaporate can break their hold on this existance. If you need any more help feel free to pm me.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Mastermind_matt, ghosts can't be atheists? That is an odd thing to say. First of all it assumes that ghosts (whatever they may be) know what is going on, but many experiences people have reported show that many are extremely confused & seem to have no idea what happened to them. Secondly theism & atheism is a belief system if ghosts are conscious of themseleves they can hold any belief system. Even if they have be presented with overwhelming evidence that a god or gods exist if they were humans they have an incredible ability to deny the most obvious facts. Lastly it erroneously assumes that some kind of deity is required for non-physical entities (including possibly disembodies souls) to exist. I am thus curious about your reasoning.

Clandestine have you explored the possibility that your sister responsible for the activity (probably unconsciously responsible)? Illness could certainly cause her unconscious release of energy to manifest in a negative manner, I would think.

This comment from Sonofman is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

AllieAllison (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Easy, first a oija bird is not a good idea you can contact WORSE spirit. I've tried and contacted on not in my house and wanted to kill me. So I think you need to find out who it is first once you've done that and you still want it to stop just tell us I need to do more research
mastermind_matt (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
I would like to agree that you should NOT use a ouija. If the idea here is that you are being affected by something supernatural, a ouija will just increase that contact. You want to decrease that contact.

Best idea I have? I know you're not religious, but I guarantee you that "spirits" (if they do exist, and I tend to believe they do) ARE religious. Spirits, demons, whatever they are, aren't atheists. If they're real, they can't be. And there's one Name I can think of that they won't want to hear. Lots of people have faith in all sorts of things, but the word "Jesus" has a whole lot of weight to it that people don't often recognize.

I'm mastermind_matt (at) yahoo.com if you've got questions about faith. If you don't want to ask me about it, that's okay. But start looking in that direction. Ask yourself what you believe and why. It might help you answer the questions about what you're feeling in the house.
clandastine (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Clandastine [at] yahoo.com.au maybe. Otherwise I don't know why it's not working
ieatnerds (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
I keep getting a response saying there is no clandastine [at] Yahoo.com 😲
clandastine (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Clandastine (at) yahoo.com email me. I really want this to be fixed ASAP. That's open to everyone that has advice.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: