You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Mysterious Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Mysterious Figure

 

Hey guys, this here is my first story. First of all, I don't experience paranormal activities much. I scare quite easily, but I love horror games, movies and the likes. In fact, I voluntarily get myself scared sometimes by playing games like Amnesia or watch scary movies like Insidious at night. And as I said, nothing really paranormal happens with me. But there is this one thing that happened to me some 6 years ago that really scared me. I guess I was 14 or 15 that time.

What happened was, sometimes, I would see some black figure standing in some far-off space that seemed to just be staring off into space. It never did anything else, just stood there. Whenever I saw it when I was with my friends, I would just ignore it. I never told anybody about it. This black figure would then just go away when I wasn't looking.

One day a black shape, it may have been a crow or something, flew into our house, everyone was there. It hit the window bars hard, then flew back out.

Then one early morning I was with my brother just gazing into the hills (I live in a hilly area), when we saw a jogger. We continued looking at him when he just disappeared behind some tall bushes. Then a bit from where he disappeared, a figure appeared. It wasn't black this time. And it just started bouncing, that's what it did. My brother and I looked at it for a while, when it just vanished.

Now, I don't know if these two events are linked or not. But all these years later, I have never experienced any of them ever again.

What do you guys think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZoMbi5lAy3r, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-16)
its ok ZoMbi5lAy3r - stuff happens - the thing is... No actually the things are that much of the information is haywire - I mean to say - that although you are giving information, none seem in a cohesive manner... Rather incoherent - don't mind I am just asking that slowly steadily think over the incidences... Jot down what you remember and relay it properly.
ZoMbi5lAy3r (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
sonri- the bouncer, yea, he remembers him too. We have different views on his clothing though, he seemed to be wearing a blue jacket or something to me. My brother says he doesn't remember the color of his clothing, he seemed more transparent to him. 😊 Well, whatever it was, and whether it was connected to the dark figure trailing me, it's gone now. And I'm just fine with that! Thanks for not making fun of me by the way 😁
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
How does your brother remember this experience?
Maybe a little chat with him could refresh your memory. And, I do believe you.
ZoMbi5lAy3r (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Miracles51031
About that time, nothing really much was happening, just my Grandmother's older sister who was staying with them was really sick and passed away. But then, she rarely spoke to me and doesn't know me all that well. As for the thing I used to see, it was a shadowy, humanoid shape but no arms as far as I could tell...
ZoMbi5lAy3r (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
sonri - The 'bouncer' was not dark, but it wasn't the jogger neither. It seemed to be wearing some clothes. I'm confused too... Was it my imagination or something. I'm not making this up, really! 😐
ZoMbi5lAy3r (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
And yea, the math was wrong. Sorry bout' dat. I'm about to turn 20 this year. 😊
ZoMbi5lAy3r (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Well, about this black figure... It didn't have any arms, I was sure of that. Except for that, it was humanoid. Just kept standing there. That's it. Nothing happens anymore so I guess it left me alone?
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Did you happen to see a pogo stick?
Just kidding.
How high would you say the figure was bouncing? I know from a distance that can be hard to determine. But was it a bounding over trees kind of bounce, or a short curtailed by gravity sort of bounce? Was the figure any color at all? Was it human shaped? Its odd, I think, for an entity to use so much energy to appear as a jogger just to appear aboundingly nonhuman at next sight.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Yeah, I've noticed the category "young adult" can be quite broadly interpreted as well, although I'm not complaining as I suppose by most standards I'm the dreaded "middle age". Perhaps on YGS I'm still a teen as well.
ZoMbi5lAy3r, you don't really provide enough information to evaluate the other incidents (and I would agree with others that the bird thing isn't that unusual and is probably unconnected with anything). However, the black figure you describe could be a shadow person. There's a lot of information online about the shadow person phenomenon and I encourage you to do some research, which may help you understand what you saw.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Rook! You say the things I don't know how to put into words (or too afraid to) 😆. I was thinking the exact same about the age.

About the story, I too sometimes think I see figures straight after watching tv/playing video games. Do you think your under the same effect?

The crow coming into the house happens. He was just after some food I'd say.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
ZoMbi5lAy3r - I only have comments/questions about one part of your story. The others have touched on the rest of it, but I want to talk about the mysterious figure you saw when you were 14 or 15.

Can you describe this figure a little better? Was there anything that stood about this figure? Anything distinct about the clothing? Are you sure it was the same figure each time you saw it and if so, what made you sure it was?

What was going on in your life at the time you saw this mysterious figure? Was there any personal drama or tragedy that you were going through during this time in your life?

I do have reasons for asking these questions, so please, answer them as truthfully as you can. Thank you.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
The usual symptoms as I see it. The young OP wanted to engage the brains here, so thanks for doing that and in the process, roping in some of the heavyweights.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Nice catch Rook! I see exactly what you mean. Very confusing until you notice that, thanks. 😊

Jav
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Absolutely agreed with your comments Rook, yet I am also very puzzled regarding this fact that if the O/P was 14 or 15 some six years ago then how come he/she will remain a teenager still now? 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Jav,

A little lost? I absolutely love the math involved...

(quoted so there is no misunderstanding)

"But there is this one thing that happened to me some 6 years ago that really scared me. I guess I was 14 or 15 that time."

If the O/P was 14 or 15 at the time of these experiences then they would be 20-21 now and not a teen... Or is 21 the new '18'?

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
I am a little lost here...
The black shape that few into your window sounds like a bird. Why would that be important to this experience? And I don't get what you mean at the end about the bouncing figure that wasn't even dark. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am very confused about the entire thing.

Jav 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: