You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Ghost Family

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Family

 

In the past I have told stories about the ghost that I have encountered on vacation, while I was working and the ones that I saw when visiting friends and family. I would like to now share with you the ghosts that I deal with on a day-to-day basis. Yes, the ones that share my home.

If I were a ghost where would I like to dwell? Hmm... How about a tastefully decorated home that's warm and inviting. Where resides a woman who is always cooking up something good in the kitchen. She likes to tap dance around the house, usually in front of the television. She is a former rock-n-roll and opera singer who is always belting out a tune. This woman has a gentle husband and a crazy dog who is constantly, no always, getting into trouble. This a home filled with laughter.

This sounds like a place that I would want to haunt. Okay, so maybe I would choose the same house, but at the shore. Everyone is different.

My name is Lori. My husband Wayne and I moved into our home 4 years ago. The house is a three bedroom ranch with a finished basement. The house was built in 1956. We moved in with our 2 dogs. Chewie, who just recently passed away and Stewie our youngster.

I love our home, the simple floor plan, the warm hardwood floors and the treasures of my life that I filled it with. Obviously my ghostie friends approve as well.

It was awhile before I noticed anything unusual in the house. Actually it was my mom who had the first encounter. Not with a spirit of a person though.

I had my parents over for dinner and while we were cleaning up my mom said, "Did you get a cat?" "What? No," I said. My mom said she saw, as plain as day, a cat rounding the corner into the kitchen. We both looked around the house but no cat was to be found. She swore she saw a fluffy creature and because of its grace and size she thought of a cat. I do not know where that cat came from or if it is a ghost of a feline but I can tell you it is still hanging around.

It was about a month later that I saw this same creature. I was sitting in my TV room watching a hockey game when out of the corner of my eye I saw a movement. I looked directly at it and at first thought it was Chewie because it was a blond color then I realized it was too small to be Chewie, then it walked into the wall and disappeared. Yes, you read correctly. I sat there for a full minute thinking. "Did that just happen?" Is there any other explanation.

"Wayne!" I yelled as I went running for the basement where Wayne was working.

"I'm not afraid!" I said one night about a week later as I lay down to sleep. I just had an off feeling that night and kept hearing noises that I could not explain coming from the garage below. Nor did I want to investigate. So I laid there trying to find sleep. Wayne was downstairs in the game room watching a movie so I was alone. I first felt the atmosphere change and then the vibration. I knew someone was standing above me but I was too afraid to open my eyes. Stewie started whining from his cage in the next room. I was paralyzed... Frozen... Finally I could speak and I yelled, "Stewie, go to sleep!" "You too, Ghostie! "Don't scare me!" The vibrating immediately stopped. I began to relax.

Now, when I sleep I love to be covered up except for my feet they need air. So my Fred Flintstone feet are sticking out, guess what Ghostie does as he leaves the room? He gently grabs my big toe and gives it a fond little shake. I laid there for a minute and again thought. "Did that just happen?" Is there any other explanation. "Wayne!" Once again I went running.

A few nights later I had a dream. I dreamed that I was in my garage and I was carrying some books into the house. In the dream the books were knocked out of my arms. I bent to pick them up and as I did I was shoved by an old man. He was trying to push me out of the way to force his way into the house. I started pushing back. He was yelling, "It's my house, I live here!" I remember how frail he was, yet he was stronger than me. I woke up as he threw me to the ground.

The next morning when I went to the basement to start my laundry, I saw that several of my books were laying on the floor, like someone had yanked them off the book shelf and threw them about 6 feet to the floor. "Stewie!" I yelled. "Did you do this?" Stewie who had been sitting on the steps watching me, went running to hide. "What are you yelling about?" my husband Wayne asked as he made his way down the steps. "Look what your dog did!" I said with exasperation. "He took all my books off the shelf!" Wayne, looking at the floor with disbelief, said, "There is no way. He can't reach these books!"

He was more than likely right since the shelf they were missing from was approximately 5 1/2 feet from the ground. I knew who the culprit was but it was much easier to blame the dog.

That same evening Wayne, I and the dogs were in the basement game room watching a movie. The dogs were both sound asleep when both woke up to a sound that they heard coming from the hallway. Stewie immediately started growing. "Ssshh!" I said "What's that noise?"

Outside the game room is a hallway that leads to the garage. I heard what sounded like a slight knock on the garage door. We all got up to investigate. We could all hear what sounded like rattling. The air was so heavy as we nudged closer to the door. Once again we heard a slight knock.

Stewie was now barking. Chewie ran up the stairs to safety with her tail between her legs. Wayne picked up a golf club that was sitting by the door. I grabbed a shoe. (Hey it was a size 13 work boot, it could do serious harm to someones head!) We watched the doorknob turn... I was paralyzed with fear, but I followed Wayne to the door.

He told me to open the door as he raised the club to strike. We did the silent count 1...2...3!

I opened the door, Wayne quickly reached for the light switch, the garage flooded with light and there was nothing. Stewie investigated every corner running to and fro with his fur spiked like a porcupine... We found nothing.

Wayne and I were baffled, but we knew we had an uninvited guest.

I ran up the steps and out the back door to my herb garden. I picked sage leaves from a large plant. I chose leaves that were older and a little drier so they would burn easier. I was taking my house back!

I made a small bouquet with the sage leaves. I started at the front door and lit the bouquet on fire. Holding up the smoking sage into the air, I imagined a beautiful white light shining down from the heavens. I surrounded myself in this light and imagined it surrounding the house. I walked through the house saying, "My house is protected in the white light of good and love. Only positive and good can reside in this home. Nothing negative can enter!" I went through every room and garage with Chewie and Stewie following me with excitement. Wayne was looking at me like I had lost my mind. Finally the smoke cleared.

Later that day I made my way up to my TV room to grab some mail that I needed. I walked into the room and saw a black mass the size of a basketball heading across the wall and going out the window..."What?"

...To be continued

Other hauntings by Haunted_cleaner

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haunted_cleaner, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SL_Girl (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-14)
You are a wonderful writer, your writing style make me feel like its happening in front of my eye, like watching a movie. And Your experiences are creepy, and I love the way you face the situations . 😁
NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Sorry to hear about Chewie. 😒

I really enjoyed reading this story. You're really good at writing. This story aso reminded me of why I always keep my feet covered up at night. πŸ˜†
latty (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
I really enjoyed reading. It was quite fun, the way you wrote. Sounded like a story though. You could be a successful author. Try!
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
I absolutely LOVED your narration! It made it so fun to follow, glad to see I'm not the only person who keeps an herbal garden for these occasions! Glad to see you were able to take back your home. I cannot wait to see more!

Blessed be ❀
Hope619 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
❀ I love this! It is very well - written! I fell in love from the start! Great writing! ❀

❀Hope619
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
Haunted_cleaner: Good to see you back again and with another great account, had a laugh when you blamed the dog, I know that feeling of blaming something living when knowing very well it wasn't them responsible, brings a slight peace of mind.

Regarding the feet thing I have to have mine covered up especially when I am trying to get to sleep, for a fear from my childhood of a ghost doing exactly what you experienced. Lol 😁 Looking forward to your next submission as always.

Thanks for sharing again.

Dan
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
oh lord Jav and Haunted while I like my feet covered I do tend to rub my feet particularly if its against the sheet (or doona depending on which bed I'm on!) how weird is that πŸ˜†

As to the story Haunted I love the story! Cant wait for part two so will wait to comment until I have read that.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
My husband says that my feet rubbing together is why I can't stand to have the blankets over them, that I'm afraid I might start a fire! πŸ˜†

Jav 😁
Haunted_cleaner (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Jav, Way too funny but I do rub my feet together... Its my bed time ritual! πŸ˜†
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Awesome story, I bet you got A's on all your essays haha. The black mass saw you and probably said "oh no! The herb lady with that stinky smoke". I can't wait for the next chapter. Oh yeah, Flinstone feet statement was hilarious, and Jav that's pretty funny too πŸ˜†. Thanks for sharing
hersweetestdesire (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Hi I loved your story. I actually had chills and wanted to close the window but couldn't stop reading lol. Thanks for giving me a good spook.

On a sadder note I'm so sorry about your dog. Maybe he will come back to visit in spirit form though.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
I have read all of your previous submissions and loved them all. This one included. I am so happy to see you have returned to share more of your experiences. 😁 I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Jav

~I do the same thing with my feet. I cannot have them covered up. I also refer to mine as Flintstone feet. πŸ˜† Now if you say you rub your feet together as you are falling asleep that would be too weird ~ πŸ˜‰
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Wow! What amazing experiences. Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait to read the next installment!
Haunted_cleaner (7 stories) (23 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Thanks everyone, Hi granny!
I will try to get part 2 ready for next week. I could post 100's of stories if my brain wasn't so tired by 8 pm and I could type more than 10 words a minute. πŸ˜‰
Yes, Granny you are right the negativity went for the hills or more like the vacant house a block away where I believe I brought it home from.
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Wow Haunted_cleaner, what an amazing experience! Brilliant writing, brilliant narrating, wow amazing. Love to read your stories. Waiting eagerly for the second installment. Please post it soon:-) 😁
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Oh no! C'mon post the other half soon! Suspense kills me often😁. Damn! Can't wait for more stuffsπŸ˜‰
~Nikky❀
mind_wide_open (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Wow! That was an awesome story! I really enjoy your writing style. I can not wait to see more stuff from you.

Mind_wide_open ❀
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
Haunted_cleaner

I loved your story! Such a fantastic writing style, you had me grinning from ear to ear from the very start!

Ohhh and I can't wait for your next installment! 😊 πŸ˜† 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
Haunted_cleaner: Welcome back, and what a relief you've provided ❀...Sorry to hear about Chewie... What else can I say about this, but: great story...

I want to comment about the black mass, but I'll save it for the sequel πŸ˜†...Well, no I won't...I think it was whatever negativity had found its way in was runnin' for them thar hills!...

Thank you so much for posting, and I know I'm not the only one looking forward to more!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: