You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: They Tried to Strip the Joy From Me

Real Ghost Stories

They Tried to Strip the Joy From Me

 

This happened on July 14th, 2007. We had just finished up with a youth revival at my church. This night God had called for a prayer line for everybody under the age of forty in the church. We experienced a great move of Him that night. I gained a lot of joy that night too. I felt good about myself and stronger in my faith than I had ever felt.

Well that night when I got home, I was fine. I got on myspace and was talking to friend. I went to bed around 11:40 p.m. I wasn't very sleepy so I decided to watch a movie. When the movie went off around 1:40 a.m. I turned off the television and my lamp, rolled over and faced the wall, and closed my eyes.

I guess no longer than five minutes after I did that, I heard something in the corner behind my t.v. that started from the ceiling and fell. It sounded like something sort of scratching against the wall. Then I felt something against my hip. It felt like something lightly thumped me. Before I go on, I need to describe the layout of my room.

My bed lays in the corner of my room between two windows on either wall that it is touching. One window faces the road the other the woods. Well I had my eyes tightly shut and at this point I didn't want to open my eyes or even move though I was shaking.

The next thing that happened was I saw lights though my eyes were shut. First I saw two lights from the corner of my room just slightly past the window that faces the road. Then I saw another coming straight across to my face from the wall. If you have ever had someone shine a flashlight in your eyes while they were shut then you know what these lights looked like. The whole time these things were occurring, I just felt like there was something evil in my room. I finally opened my eyes and got out of my bed. As soon as I got out of my room, I felt much better.

I went and crawled in the bed with my parents and I was still shaking. I now have two prayer clothes in my room. I later found out that demons had been attacking all of our youth. Most of our youth sit in one area of our pews in the church and I found out that one of the girls in their youth had seen a demon circling that area.

The next day when I finally told my mother, she went in there to pray and got goose bumps walking down the hall. I shook every time I went down way. By that afternoon, I was afraid to go in there anymore but that night I didn't want to sleep in there. My mom stayed in there with me until I fell asleep.

Tonight I still don't want to go in there but I have. I ask for your Prayers for our youth at WCOG please. We need it as we are trying to grow like God has promised us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alaina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
I have been poked in the ear while in the dark and nothing was there. 😐 So I started to ignore it. Before that happened I saw something fly past something black
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
Then 2 days later one night there was 2 little ones while I was looking in the dark they were purple then went red then purple. How strange is that! I have seen 2 ghosts in this house the 3RD one she was a girl only I could hear while I tried looking for her She was already gone guess I was too late. Thanks for sharing your story I'm so glad I had found this story cause I've been through the same thing
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
I have felt a weird presence in my room as well, not as evil as a demon but something with anger. I am not part of a church group but, I did go to catholic school for 9 years, and Christian schools for 11 years. I am religious, and keep a rosary bed side to protect me.

But a little like you after I turned to the wall I felt something poke me in the back, and I felt like I was being watched. I am the target in my home and this probably has nothing to do with your demon because I am in Wisconsin, far from your home. I don't even think I have a demon. I will pray for you and the rest of the youth in your church group and try to find a solution for the problems,

May god keep his blessing for you.
Your friend in wisconsin,
Amanda
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
Dear Alaina,

I pray for you and yours and for all human beings, for their strength, reconnection and for a firm foundation to replace self doubt and fears with confident intention and unconditional love for self and for all other human beings. I pray for all human beings to be without human made societal system chains, without human made societal system prisons and without all human made societal systems based on fears, hatred, greed, selfishness, dogmas and division.

Where there is unconditional love in a human being there is no room for anything else, not even demons.--Abby
Sorcha (59 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
Em... I am having trouble believing this... Perhaps because I have never heard of "demons" being in a Church.

xx
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
OH MY!Alaina! Demons! WOw! That's so dangerous and evil! I am praying for your youth group in your church because as a fellow christian that is bad and unpure! Demons should not come and ruin people's joy! I pray that no demons shall ever again come against any believer in your church especially the young ones! May God bless you and protect you against any more attacks!

God Bless,
Ceary :D

P.S. Always tell people about things like that because the devil and his demons will always try to destroy those who are in Jesus Christ 😠 May you be protected by God :D

Jesus loves us :D

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: