You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Boy Vanishes In Plain View

Real Ghost Stories

Boy Vanishes In Plain View

 

I am writing this just half an hour before the event occurred, thus it is still very fresh in my memory. For the record, I never really believed in most disappearances, not until now.

Near a library that I often visit there's a bike trail nearby, or what used to be one. Now who ever owns the land has decided that no one should trespass. However, kids still try to ride their bikes and walk it.

I've taken one or two walks on the trail and found nothing odd. The trail has been open for the past 2 or 3 years at the least, and nothing has really changed in the area.

This is where things start to venture into the paranormal though. Today I had decided to take my dogs outside in the backyard of my house. One of them (A Westland Terrier) acted like it was seeing something as it was just standing there, looking at a fence with nothing in site.

Normally he'll run over to something and sniff it or bark if he sees something. Whatever this was, he couldn't turn away from it or even react, and I could not see it. I was a bit curious, but ended up brushing it off. Interestingly, where he was looking was near a cat statue which we had placed over the remains of a cat that we used to have.

Later on that day, I was taking my usual stroll to the library and saw a kid that was perhaps in his early teens. He had black hair, tan skin, a black shirt, and jeans. I saw him run across the road and just kept my way to the library. He walked by the old trail and kept going down the road casually, glimpsing back at me.

He then stopped, looked around, and then as a car went by me he vanished. If he went into the woods I would've seen the leaves move a tad or a bit of his head since the opening is a bit wide, and you can't run in since the trail immediately dives once you leave the sidewalk. I looked and looked and saw nothing.

I don't know what just happened. I do know that area is just a bit odd. I remember walking by once and seeing a young blonde (probably 4 or 5) who just out of nowhere called me over, just to ask "Where are you going?" After I said, "I'm going home" she said "Okay, goodbye".

Other hauntings by Ryoku75

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ryoku75, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

skystorm13 (12 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-24)
ghost have been following me for quit some time and like gothicgurl13 my two friends can see ghost or sense ghost. I can only see ghost if they let me see there true form. Ghost are strange that's all I can tell you 😕...
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
Ghosts are often seen in daylight, and appear solid; my friend Dave and I once watched a man walk towards us in the woods, coming up to a clearing where we were having lunch, and just vanish before our eyes. He looked real, and human.
gothicgurl13 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
well I have a ghost following me and a friend who can see ghosts. And to her they are just shadow-like figures until they allow her to see what they look like. So it might have been a ghost that took a liking to you 😉
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Interesting story. Purely my opinion but I think the misconception is that all ghosts are 'wispy glowing and see-through' but in fact I think sometimes they do appear quite solid and real to the naked eye. Which makes it even more suprising when they just disappear as you have described!

Thanks for sharing!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Ryoku75,
Because you have witnessed other strange phenomenon in that same area/spot, I am wondering if perhaps you have stumbled upon some sort of portal? It is merely a guess, but you might want to consider it.
Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed reading about your experience, and am looking forward to your response.

Jav 😊
Jesus_soldier (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
That is strange seeing that guy vanish. If he was alive, he must have studied some james bond movies to pull that off. I never seen a spirit with a tan though. Their usually pale with me. I'm not saying it wasn't a spirit either. I wouldn't trip about the little girl. Kids will ask random questions.

Thanks for sharing
AllieAllison (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
i aggre with supernatural19 he might have been a fast runner or something. As for your dog its no biggie my dog stairs off into space to.
Supernatrual19 (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
Hmmm it could be anything really not a ghost just a paranormal thing if you ever see him again tell him Aro says hi, see what happens;)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: