You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: I Thought It Went Away

Real Ghost Stories

I Thought It Went Away

 

About two and a half years ago my mother lost her house due to a tough divorce. I was working full-time as a security guard at a hospital. So me, my mom and my sister moved into an apartment when I was about 19.

After two months living in the apartment my mom, for some odd reason, was always sleeping in the living room. I asked her one day, "Why do you sleep in the living room?" She told me she feels better sleeping on the sofa.

I was working one day and was held overnight at work because my relief called out, so I called my mom and told her I'd be home in the morning. She randomly said she doesn't like the apartment. She feels as someone is there. She was telling me that a couple nights ago she felt something grab her covers and pull them to the floor, so she put the covers back on her and it was pulled to the floor 10 minutes later. She also told me the same thing was happening to my sister, but she thinks it's nothing.

On a Friday night my mom went out with some coworkers to a bar. She left when I got home from work at about 10pm and it was just me and my little sister. I told my sister I was going to bed cause I had to be at work at 6am. I fell asleep around 11:00-11:30. I woke up at 1:15 when I saw my clock cause I felt something grabbing me and felt a lot of force holding me down. As I tried to fall back to sleep I felt like I was being choked. I was trying to call my sister but I couldn't yell, move, or do anything. It's like something had total control over me. Then with every strength I had I yelled, "Jesus save me" and it stopped, but its presence was still around. I started praying the Our Father prayer and it seemed like I was agitating the presence of whatever was in the room. About 10 minutes later my mom arrived home any asked me what happen I told what happen. The next day she got some holy water from a friend of ours and blessed the apartment. Ever since then it never came back.

I'm currently 21-yrs-old now and I have a daughter who's 4 months old. I'm currently staying at my in-laws until settlement for my new home for our family. Two days ago I experienced what I thought left two years ago. It's about mid-May and the weather is fair. I woke up because I felt something watching me. As I tried to sit up to check on my daughter, something was forcing me down. I tried to wake up my girlfriend but it was holding my hand down. I was trying to fight it off but it seemed to get stronger. I yelled, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus." After that was said, I woke up my daughter and my girlfriend.

I'm going to get my in-laws house blessed, but is this presence following me? Can someone give me some advice?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jab0690, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

arkgodwin (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-25)
Some people are just more sensitive to the "other side" so it may just be that both places had spirits. However, if you have opened yourself up (not possession), invited, or provoked. This can happen just by watching a ghost movie, or even talking about it. I don't think people realize how sensitive spirits are. I will be posting my shortly, if they help any. Personally, I would go get a blessing from your priest or bishop. If it gets bad try putting up pictures of Jesus on your doors, or get your house blessed.
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-25)
If this helps or not I don't know but il pass it on...

I recently had an issue with a new house, my housemates and I saw some "figures" over the course of 2 weeks so we went ahead and burned sage... That was fine for a few days but then I absolutely couldn't shake the idea I was being watched. So I asked some one well versed in spiritualism/medium for a reading.

I was told that the house has three spirits and they'll need help passing on but you've got a bigger problem, I was told IM being followed by one and that my energy attracts them, espec evil ones (she didn't state why) But with that she said I wasn't to worry my guardian angel Micheal will always give me the strength to keep going even if I am "attacked"

But anyway long story short is that maybe you attract them too in some way and now that you've acknowledged that they're there you should protect yourself and that yes they can follow you...
I hope someone is looking out for you too and that things don't get any worse, best of luck mate
Keyl24 (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-24)
I'm not an exorcist or anything but I also feel things watching me or holding me. My job is a DEA agent by the way and to be honest I lost friends in gunfights a killed some armed dealers. Things like that only happened after my second assignment when I fired at a suspect, armed and dangerous to be exact, after 2 days, I feel like I'm always watched. There was also one time when I felt someone's patting me when I was sleeping. What I did was I consulted a psychiatrist, and a priest. The blessing happened to take him away, I don't know whether temporary or permanently, but I still feel like being watched all the time.
skystorm13 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-24)
This was one creepy story 😨! It reminds me of something that happened to me more than once. I Pray to god every night but sometimes it dosnt work. Not all ghost go away that eiasly... 😕
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Greetings, allow me to introduce myself I am Papa Thorn Exorcist medium, Bokor and one of the heads of the Ouroboros Exorcism society a traditional blessing and cleansing is fine, and a good first step. If you want additional defenses however or the regular cleansing does not work. These are a few options that will give you some added protection from negative spirits and help to keep you safe. These are methods myself and my associates within the society have found effective in our previous cases, I hope they help you and your family as well.

Option 1. Smudge your house by burning sage throughout the house to cleanse negative energy within the dwelling.

Option 2. Lay down a line of salt across your doors and windows, a practice used since ancient times to provide barriers against malevolent or harmful entities negative energy cannot cross the barrier

Option 3. Keep wild roses In your dwelling in as many rooms as possible these put off massive amounts of life energy and for reasons not yet known repels negative spirits

For personal protection for your body bathe in an infusion of lavender oil, holy water, warm water, rose petals, and incense ash it will provide personal protection against any negative spirits.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any particular questions by the email on my profile, good luck and may the gods bless and keep you

Your friend,
Papa Thorn, The Puppeteer
Jab0690 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Thanks to all for the advice, and rook I'm going to try what you wrote especially in the new home. What gets me thinking is after two years why it comes back. Leaves me wondering!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Jab0690,

Feel free to try this both in your in-laws and for your new home. I use this for my Family and others from this site have used it as well... You can include and Scriptures / Prayers you like while doing this or just focus on Positive Thoughts and Energy...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
taylor_swift13 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
i don't know why this entity follows you, but pray every night for protection and keep a picture of God under your pillow at night. The entity might leave.
robertar (223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
i once read an account by a lady in a similar situation. An entity was attacking their baby, but would be OK when they prayed for protection. She and her husband found that on any night the forgot, the might have another attack - they found that they needed to pray every night.

I mention this as it seems to be an instruction from Christ in one of the gospels: we are supposed to pray daily for those things that we need. Protection from evil being one of them.
ElectricBlue (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
Well, I'm not good on giving advice, but yes, this thing is indeed following you. I believe that it is a good idea to get your house cleansed/blessed and it the attacks should stop all together.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: