You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Apparitions In Living Room

Real Ghost Stories

Apparitions In Living Room

 

A brief history of my mom's house: farmhouse built in 1928 by my great-grandfather; prior to this, the land was a plantation owned by a Confederate officer; various experiences by many people for several years (including a legit ghost hunting team in 2010); my father committed suicide on the property 3 & 1/2 years ago. Since his death, we have all had new experiences in the living room. It happens at various times, but usually in the middle of the night.

The three dogs will all look to the same area in the room, but they don't bark. I always see this weird type of apparition that is hard to explain: it looks human in form, but it's invisible. Like a drop of water in the shape of a person. My 8 year old daughter says she sees a shadow person (maybe she lacks a better description?). Just this morning at precisely 3 am, I was standing in the kitchen and I looked toward the living room. I see the same water drop apparition, but this time it's stronger. There is even a shadow cast on the wall behind it. At this same exact moment, my daughter pops up from a dead sleep in the bedroom scared. She said she had a bad dream. She said there was a white chair rocking back and forth by itself. Next, Miranda Cosgrove (singer and actress) sitting on a white couch and a sock monkey sitting on a white loveseat was moving its mouth by itself. She couldn't make out any words.

I thought it was quite odd that the apparition had appeared near the loveseat to me and then a loveseat be in her dream. Coincidence or what? Have any of you guys had this type of experience?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jlb198304, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
I think maybe you Dad is trying to make contact with you... As he passed so tragically maybe he hasn't moved on. The water spirit you see maybe him trying to manifest in his human form? Also if your daughters 8 I'm guessing she loves icarly? Do you recognise the sock puppet? It would seem the dream has childlike things in it to try and stop your daughter being afraid. Maybe he's letting her know he's around (possibly sitting in the rocking chair) as she plays, watches tv? Lots of possibly maybes I know but hey! 😊
Cristos0907 (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Jib- I'm sorry about your father committing suicide. I agree with MizMimi02 about the dogs and writing down what your daughter tells you. Try to stay calm for both your daughter and your own sake. There are people on this sure can can help you more than I can. Thanks for sharing and good luck.

Cristos0907
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
It sounds like the dream was just a dream. As for the apparitions as long as they arent causing you harm or make you feel like they would harm you, I would just relax and it they truly bother you ask them to leave in a polite but firm manner.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
stranger, keep asking your daughter what she sees, most kids by that age can't see ghost, so either she has a talent or it's really trying to talk to her.
GIRLIE ❤

P.s: I just wanted to let you know, but I wouldn't put so much info in your username. I'm not as good at it as some people can be, but just from looking at it for a few seconds I knew a little to much (at lease more then you probable wanted people to know) about you.
I don't mean to be in your bees-wax, but I thought you should know.
With respect GIRLIE
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
What that type of traumatic death, it's highly plausible that your father has not moved on, or thinks he cannot because of what he did. Did the dogs know him before his death? If so, it may explain why they don't bark, as they "recognize" him.

As far as your daughter goes, I would start writing down what she tells you. Get as much info from her as possible, and see if you can't find a connection to the things she described to you. Good luck and thanks for sharing.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
Strange stuff there. I like how you describe what you have been seeing. Young kids are quick in sensing paranormal activity. Not sure I would call this coincidence.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: