You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle

Real Ghost Stories

Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle

 

Sterling McMillan Manor is an apartment complex that acts just like a dormitory for college students, except it's more than twice the cost. It is located on E. McMillan St, in Cincinnati, Ohio not far from the University of Cincinnati Main Campus. It is here that I lived a year ago until the end of May during my freshman year of college.

The incidents were small and innocent at the start and for most of the year. Every so often, only in the bathroom or the living room/kitchen area, sparkles would appear out nowhere starting out in small collections then taking up a fair amount of either of those rooms. I know this is not caused by the light because it only happened in these rooms, never in my bedroom where I spent most of my time on my computer. And no, the sparkles weren't caused by constantly being in front of my computer because I was constantly using my computer before the apartment and after leaving the apartment and I never experienced those sparkles elsewhere.

The sparkles started shortly before Christmas break. When Christmas break came, my roommates left for the month to go home for Christmas. I chose to stay because my mother and I were not on good terms. During the break, when I knew I was alone in the apartment and pretty much alone in the building because I was only one of a few who stayed and the only one on my floor, I started hearing my roommates' doors opening and closing, the front door opening and closing, and footsteps down the hallway of the apartment. These sounds did not sound like they were coming from below or above me, rather right outside my door in the hallway.

My roommates came home and our dishwasher started acting up strangely. When maintenance came up to take a look, we discovered that the dishwasher knob had been reversed so that when we thought we had just started the washer, it was turned to the Dry cycle. No one had messed with the knob.

Several times over the course of a month, we needed our light bulbs changed, more often than we should have. They were florescent bulbs.

As I said, the incidents were small and innocent enough, where if it was paranormal, it didn't bother me. I'm the type who says "live and let live," and if they're not harming me, then me casa su casa. Well the year went on, and at the end, my roommates moved, one to a different apartment in the same building with a better layout, the second to live with her boyfriend and the third because she graduated and the apartment is only for college students.

I theorize that the incidents were so small, practically undetectable, because any spirit only wanted to communicate with me and I guess I wasn't listening. When they left, I was alone, and one night while I struggling to sleep, a white figure in the shape of a woman flew above my bed and down at me. I didn't react, mainly because I wasn't sure at the time if I had been doze-dreaming or if it had really happened. I know it really happened now, because in reviewing the evidence I knew I hadn't even been dozing. When I have trouble sleeping, I REALLY have trouble sleeping, my eyes won't even shut and I was having that problem that night. It didn't happen again, maybe because I didn't react and thus it wasn't amusing for the spirit to haunt someone who doesn't even let out a yelp of fear.

A week later, I had switched rooms because I had the room that was way too hot in the summer. I got up to go to the bathroom and out nowhere, I fall on top of my thumb, breaking it, with no explanation to how I fell. My legs had just given out and that had never happened before. I am naturally clumsy, but I'm not that clumsy and I wasn't tired enough to just collapse. I'm usually able to go to the bathroom without help.

I was being currently evicted because work had cut my hours significantly and I couldn't afford rent, so I was already leaving. I don't know why the ghost waited so long, until I was already planning to leave to make its move. Maybe it wanted my help, as I said it had been trying to get my attention in little ways already and I hadn't listened, and it realized it was almost out of time. I don't know what it needed or wanted, I feel sorry that I didn't listen and wasn't able to help it. I don't blame it for my thumb, it was a last ditch effort.

Other hauntings by CearaIvory

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CearaIvory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
it was a year ago. I only fell that one time. And i've not experienced anything even REMOTELY similar before or after the apartment.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
Spockie, that's a good point. I don't know much about MS but a physical explanation should definitely be considered. Of course, if the symptoms abruptly ceased after moving out, it was probably paranormal, unless symptoms of MS or another such illness comes in fits and starts.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
How long ago did this take place? The sparkles you were seeing, and the stumbling you experienced could possibly be an actual physical condition. MS can cause these exact symptoms. If this starts occuring again, I would definitely see a doctor.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: