You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ominous Presence In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Ominous Presence In My Bedroom

 

You can call me Anne, and here's my story. I'm posting this both to contribute to this website which I have to say is admirable in its take on the subject... And also because I need some help.

Ever since I was a little girl (around 10) I have been sensitive to spirits and entities. My first experience, and one that has stayed with me my whole life was waking up to find unidentified entities plaguing doorways. It only happens when there is just enough light to illuminate them but not to much as to camouflage them. They fill all doorways and archways and the only way I'd describe them is moving, humanoid shapes that resemble liquid metal constantly converging into each other. Ever since I first saw them they have been there and they always are. I can't bear to sleep with a door open and need either the door closed or the door to be out of my sight.

From then on I've had encounters with apparitions every now and then, most of them have been harmless and don't bother me. They've never spoken to me or acknowledged me, all that I get is a feeling of their state or intention. Most of them have been sad, confused or lost and are just passing through and trying to find their way. If I get a feeling like that, I just leave them alone and they don't bother me. Throughout my life I have felt three who I got a "bad" feeling from. One of whom felt particularly "evil" but they have still all been ghosts. With all three of these, I raised my voice and commanded them to leave my house, and they all did.

I've also experienced what I would describe as "impish" entities which like to mess with me and those around me by taking things, moving them, etc. People would pass this off as forgetfulness etc. But my husband can attest that before he lived with me this happened sometimes, but being with me it happens with a much higher frequency.

This is where I recount what happened to me last night which I would really like some help with. I couldn't sleep last night, and when I was getting out of bed to go to the bathroom I heard a guttural voice coming from close by. I first thought it was either my or my husband's breathing (he was asleep), mainly because I was having an allergy attack. The voice continued getting closer until it was like it was whispering in my ear. It almost sounded like someone with a gag in their mouth speaking very gutturally and unintelligibly.

It didn't do anything to me in way of physical harm but it has me extremely unnerved. I couldn't feel what its intention was or even what it was e.g. Ghost, demon. All that I got from it was the distinct feeling that it got perverse pleasure from scaring the hell out of me. It had (and has) me so scared because it was hiding its nature and intention from me... And also because when I sternly told it to leave the way I did the others, it didn't. It did eventually leave, but it left a lingering feeling that it would be back.

Being that I am sensitive to these things and have had encounters I know how to cleanse a house and have some knowledge of the paranormal. Cleansing a house usually suffices but I am very unnerved by this entity as I don't know what it is and it didn't respond to my usual authoritative command. Could anyone provide any information or help to help expel this from my home.

As a side note, any information about the things I see in the doorways would be appreciated too. I'm just really curious as to what they are, too.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MidnightMagic13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Zarbok (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Talismans and other material stigmas are no blockades for spirits, but your best tool is a sincere prayer asking for protection and help for the lost souls, as well as having a pure heart.

Mediumship is given to people so that they might help others, as well as help reveal the invisible world to the rest of humanity. It should not be viewed as a curse.

Dont worry. Spirits can't hurt you. Just ignore them completely if they're mischievous and they'll lose their interest in you since it won't be fun to hassle you.

Be at peace. God is your best friend!:)
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
This is really unnerving to me and I wasn't even there! I would say that this new entity could be a poltergeist, getting attention and enjoying the scare. I personally would suggest looking up RookDygin, I'll post his remedy here and it does take three days but it's pretty darn thorough! As for along your door frames those could be ghosts but they could also be a totem or "imp" just letting you know that they are there and watching. This would be why there is not intention from them, they are just as curious as you are nothing to be too freaked out by:)

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

There may be 'resistance' to you doing this... Just Remember your Love for you Family and How Pure that is and keep doing it until you feel a 'change for the better' in the atmosphere of the home. Repeat as necessary.

Now I did take this from him so if he posts on here Thanks for helping!:)

Blessed be ❤
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
These spirits may be attracted to you because of your abilities. It is like a lighthouse in a stormy sea to them. With some work and training you may be able to help some of the lost ones. As for dealing with anything potentially dangerous, it is important to remember that a spiritual problem has a spiritual solution. Invoking energies that naturally repel negativity through prayer and visualization will dissipate their presence. Prayers such as the St. Michael the Archangel prayer as well as psalm 91 and 71 said aloud tend to help many people. Also a physical thing you can do to cut down on etheric emanations is to leave a bowl of white vinegar mixed with sea salt to evaporate in a bowl in your room. This will make manifestation difficult for them. If you need any more help pm me.
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
hi MidnightMagic13 this is just a guess but I think you have some sort of spirit guardian with you. Those things on doorways are malignant spirits (I think) and they are attracted to you because of your sensitivity. Your guardian might be the one that prevented them to passed through the doorway. Will you try putting salt on the door ledge and see if they can come near it? And wear some jewelry made of bronze, iron or copper when you sleep because if you're truly sensitive enough your spirit might astral project (w/c is dangerous considering that you have some spirits waiting on your doorway) and the jewelry can prevent it (It happens to me and my bracelet keeps me in my body). And don't be scared with them. Living spirits in a body are much, much more powerful than the ones who do not have their own body to encase them. Trust in yourself, your sensitivity is both a curse and a gift. Take advantage on the gift to counteract the curse.
😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: