You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Old Houses Have Great Stories 2

Real Ghost Stories

Old Houses Have Great Stories 2

 

I wrote an entry about my experiences, but I forgot about some of my favorite stories.

One of the most unexplainable occurances was once during this past Summer. My dad and I were the only two people at home, and we were standing around in the dining room. Completely out of the blue, we heard what sounded like a heavy stomp come from the basement and a crash. We went down the stairs to investigate to find a few of the curtain rods that were wedged tightly in the ceiling beams laying in a heap on the floor. The curtain rods were curved so they hugged the wood of the ceiling, it was hard enough to wiggle them out of there. There was no way they could've gotten out of there by themselves. We also couldn't find what caused the loud stomp in the first place. Nothing could have fallen that would've made that sound.

Another unexplainable event happened also during the Summer. I had my electric guitar out along with the amplifier. The amplifier has been turned off for a few hours and I was sitting at my desk on my computer. I remember hearing a click, but because my bedroom window was open, I thought nothing of it. I heard a second click and a loud buzzing sound. I looked over to see my amplifier turned on, the volume up all the way, and the overdrive switch on. I haven't turned on the overdrive effect in over a year.

One of the most reoccuring one has to do with the attic closet. My bedroom is directly below the attic closet and sometimes during the night I would hear what sounded like bangs and things falling over from up above. My sister sleeps up there but she doesn't get up until about five in the morning and this would happen at about three.

Now, things happen in my house nearly every night. Some nights I wake up to see the drawers on my dresser open. Other nights I would see my door open or close a little. Or I would hear the chair in my sister's room slide in and out from under her table. Some nights, when my dad is working, I will sleep in my parent's room. I will hear knocking in the walls and clicking on the window.

The last thing that puzzles me is that every electronic my mum has lights up by itself. Her laptop will turn on in the middle of the night, I would hear it start up when I sleep on the couch. Or if I sleep in her bed with her when my dad is at work, her phone would light up, and I had the same phone as her and never had that problem. She also complains about how her Nook would turn on by itself all the time.

Some really weird things go on in my house, and I love it! This house really keeps you on your toes, but I never feel threatened. I love living here!

Other hauntings by Krissy3dg

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krissy3dg, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
To out2getu Nook is a Almost like Ipad but You don't have to go buy a book but can order on there and read that why it calling nook.

To Krissy3dg You sure have a Great Good Haunted home that harmless.
Krissy3dg (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
out2getu, a Nook is a little electronic book, more like a tablet. Kindof hard to explain.

I suppose he/she would, we are always using our computers/zunes/playing XBox in this family, but the weird thing is it's always my mum's stuff that does it.
out2getu (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
whats a nook never heard of it I'm from the uk so yeah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shadow-Girl (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Like Haunted_Cleaner said, You Ghost Is Interested With Elertronic Devices, Maybe they did have such things like that in their time, or not as advanced.

Loved The Story -Shadow-Girl 😊
Haunted_cleaner (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Sounds like you have a ghost that is fascinated with electronic devices. I mean how can they resist.
Thanks for sharing! 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: