You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Demonic Friends

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic Friends

 

As a child I had the usual childhood friends, kids from school, chuch, ect, ect. However there was one major difference when it came to two of my friends.

A old man and a old woman (mid-to-late 60's) always played with me after school. They would talk to me but I never understood some of the things they would say to me. I lived with my grandmother as a kid and she never saw or heard them, not even once. She wrote it off as a child having imaginary friends. She never thought anything was wrong, it went on for a long long time.

They acted as if they were playing with their grandaughter, they called me 'sweetie' and 'darling' all the time. Until one day we were playing on the stairs in my farmhouse with dolls and all of a sudden they got very angry. Their eyes went black, skin went gray, their jaws elongated and thier teeth became gnarly and evil and twisted, they became what I can just say was demonic. They both stood up side by side and stared at me of a few seconds and then they screamed a horrible sound that I have never been able to forget. They both reached a arm out to me but they never moved toward me or touched me. In fact when they were 'nice' they would never let me touch them at all.

At the time I was about 7 years old and of course I screamed and started to run. When I did my grandmother ran into the stairway and grabbed me and asked me what was wrong. I told her and she ran up the stairs and screamed 'Leave her alone!' and I know this is going to stupid but they simply faded away. I never have seen them since and we have moved to several different houses since then and I even moved out on my own when I turned 18. Thoughts about them come to me out of the blue and it still sends chills down my spine to think about them. I do still dream about them from time to time but it's just their faces turning into the evil things I remember.

I welcome any and all comments regarding who or what they were. This story is real and I have shared it before but most people don't know what to say. I would like to have other peoples' take on this encounter.

Thank you

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghosts_of_me2012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
I must agree with H2olily and again as in life there are rules that must be obeyed yes demons can come off as being nice, but their turn nature will come out in the end
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Demons, masquerading as angels of light (grandparents). Your real grandma revoked and rescinded their rights to be there or to bother you by telling them to leave you alone. Thanks for sharing!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Miracles, I too write my stories up in word first. But, being the old fuddy-duddy that I am, I pressed a wrong key! And poof! It was gone! When I lost half a story, that was when there was a change-over with the system; but I got it back, eventually, due to a lot of hard work on Martin's part.
The comments... Who knows? A gremlin in the system? πŸ˜•
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Fergie - ummm...okay, I'd have more than a few words to say then. Which is why I type everything in word first and then put it on here. That way I don't lose it. Except for the comments, of course LOL. I figure if I lose a comment, maybe I shouldn't have said what I intended to say πŸ˜‰
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Miracles, I did that twice! After using some very choice words!
What is worse, losing a comment; losing half a story, or losing the whole story?

This is not a trick question! 😐 πŸ˜•
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Nice theory Lou. It makes sense.

Jav

Fifty characters or more
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Fergie - I'd have given up, shut the computer down and restarted it πŸ˜†. After saying a few not nice things to it LOL
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
ghost in the machine?

Lou

(fifty characters, fifty characters,...)
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Miracles, I have been struggling for two hours to get my last comment through! I thought I was 'losing it'! At one point, I hit backspace, and the whole screen changed! πŸ˜•
No Miracles, YOU are not alone! πŸ˜‰
ghosts_of_me2012 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
rookdygin- I can asure you that this is 100% true. I am the main breadwinner of a family of 4 (soon to be 6 my sis is moving in with me and having a baby) I don't have a lot of spare time or the brainpower to think up and post a fictional story (unless I doubled my coffee intake lol) yes I am very sensitive to the paranormal and I only sensed a change when they got angry and screamed at me. I simply don't know what they were thank you for your theory!

Out2getu- i'm 20 now all I have to deal with is the nightmares I have about them and yes they are very scary but I never sense their presence anymore since my grandmother yelled 'leave her alone'

Louslips- your theroy is very intresting, and I understand what your saying about needing or welcoming them. But they came to me for some reason that I have never been able to explain. When I was older I asked my grandmother if the people that lived there before us had ever had bad experences and she told me no that they hadn't but strange things had happened just never violent. Also I think she broke the connection they had with me when she yelled at them, I never seen them after that.

Miracles- I know exactly what your talking about with 'feeling' a spirit's scream almost like you can feel the sound hit your skin it is very creepy. I have also wondered if they were stuck and came to me to help them get 'unstuck' but it makes me wonder what a 7yr old kid could do to help? Lol O and you didn't ramble!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Fergie - thank God! I thought I was the only one having trouble with my comments.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Lou - it made me feel bad when I realized she (it was a grandmother) still didn't get her message through. I felt like she was saying "Listen to me! I'm trying to tell you something!" although I'm pretty sure that's not what her message was πŸ˜†.

It has to be pretty frustrating to be on their side, you know? To know there is someone standing there who can "see" you and knows you're there, and you know they can "hear" you, yet they can't "hear" you. I'd be frustrated as hell and yell or throw stuff too πŸ˜†
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Yep Lou, learned that one early! Growing up in a house-full of adults, it came in mighty handy! πŸ˜‰

Who knows where my story is? Where is yours, by the way?
Even my comments don't want to go through! πŸ˜•
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Miracles,
Yep. Obviously it is rare when we are even able to tell what it is they want, let alone help them. I think they spend a lot of time yelling at us, for lack of a better analogy... With the numerous accounts that appear to be just something trying to get our attention, it makes you wonder how often we do not notice their attempts, or how often they miss us by an inch or two, just to go unnoticed anyways.

Lou
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Ahh, Fergie. Sweet talk will get you everywhere. More of a Franks box than a void, I guess. Lots of static, occasionally interrupted by moments of clarity.

Where is that story of yours, woman?:)

Lou
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Lou, if you have a void for a head, that is certainly one intelligent void! You have a very interesting theory there! If I look back, on most of MY accounts, yes, I needed or welcomed my experiences.

Ghosts of me, that must have been SO scary, at that young age. After playing with you so nicely, all that time, it must have been a horrible shock.
But, on the other hand, how many times have seemingly nice people, turned out to be 'monsters'? πŸ˜•
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Lou - I read your comment a couple of times before I decided to respond. At first, I didn't want to simply because I didn't have anything to say. Most of the time that's why I don't comment. If I have nothing to say, why fill up space πŸ˜†. But the last time I read it, I actually got busy at work and had time to think about what you were saying.

I recently had an experience in a class I'm taking. Not to get too far off track here, but in order to explain that I get what you're saying and I think I agree with you, I'm going to have to go off track a little bit. Sorry πŸ˜‰ I had this spirit yell in my ear. Completely freaked me out because it felt like she was standing right beside me and yelling in my right ear. I could "feel" her yelling, you know what I mean? It took awhile for me to understand why she yelled in my ear (with help from some friends *looking at you, granny LOL). She yelled at me because I was "blocked" and wasn't getting the message she was trying to get across. Apparently she felt she had no other option but to yell. Unfortunately, because she yelled in my ear, I still didn't get it LOL.

So anyway, Lou, I think I understand where you're coming from with your theory. Took a long time to say that, didn't it? πŸ˜‰ Because of what I experienced, I don't doubt that there are many different things going on in the paranormal world than we know of. Who's to say that there aren't spirits who are trapped and that it isn't possible for them to get "unstuck" that way?

Geez, I seriously rambled, didn't I?
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
I have a theory that has been kicking around in the void that is my head lately, so I will throw it out there.
Ghosts seem to have free reign when it comes to their making an appearance in our lives... Yet others are stuck in a place they neither decide or choose to be bound too. What makes this happen? I understand an entity not understanding its death, or even not being able to acknowledge it, if it were sudden or tragic; but what would keep an entity from moving on? I believe there could be a multitude of reasons for them showing up, and a multitude of reasons for their departure, or their inability to depart. But as much as this seems totally out of our control, what if the living inadvertently bind spirits by needing them or welcoming them. As weird as it may seem, maybe scaring you was the only way to break a connection that bound them to this plane?

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
out2getu - excuse me, how can you make a promise like that? Do you personally know the exact entities that the o/p is speaking of?

Please...don't make false promises. No one can, or should, do that.
out2getu (14 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
wow that's scary hope it goes away soon they wouldn't hurt you I promise xx from out2getu xx ❀ ❀ ❀
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
ghosts_of_me,

My first reaction to this story was just that...It's a Story. But I have read it 3 times now... As well as the comments and while I'm still not 100% sure as to the authenticity of this I want to say this...

Your a sensitive, said so yourself, been one for many years from the way you have described things. Is there a chance that your 'playmates' actually moved on and a couple of Malevolent Entities came to visit you in their place? I know you said you were 7 ears old at the time, but Malevolent Entities will take advantage of any situation they can to work their way into an individuals life... It's something to consider at least.

Respectfully,

Rook
ghosts_of_me2012 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
[at] travislee: it was a very strange experience and very scary at the end i've had many strange happenings in my life. I remember their faces like it happened yesterday, and I remember them talking to me all the time but they mostly never made any sense almost like they were speaking a different language most of the time to me. I would ask them what and why they were saying all those things to me but they kept speaking they same way. This experience was the most rememberable one i've had. Most of the other would be shadows speaking and moving to me or even my shower turning off a few times in my old house or things moving around. This couple became very violent and very scary for me when I was at such a young age. I've had many spirits come to me but never this violent. I do feel like spirits are attracted to me but these were not spirits I do believe they were both demons.

[at] madness27 I've asked myself many times what they could have in any way gained from me and I haven't ever been able to figure it out. Like I said in the post I still have dreams of them and sometimes I can even hear them scream when I wake up from these dreams it really scares me even after all of these years.

I really hope by sharing my story I can find some insight from someone else that has had a experience like this
TravisLee (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
Things like this are really puzzling. This story sounds like something from a book or a movie, but I truely do believe you. I'm really interested in the paranormal, i've had many many experiences throughout my short life, I have moved from a home due to poltergiest when I was young. I truely believe this happened to you. I wish there were more details to your amazing story.
madness27 (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
Reading that really creeped me out! Especially because they were mostly nice to you! I wonder what they hoped to gain from contact with you. So creepy!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: