You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandfather That Stayed With Me And My Brother

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather That Stayed With Me And My Brother

 

It was December 2000. I remember that we, (my mum, dad and brother) were going to see my grandfather in hospital as he had diabetes. The day we were going to see him is the day he died. We still visited him and saw him in his hospital bed. I was only young at the time so I didn't really know what was going on but to think I thought that seeing a dead body would be horrifying but when we all entered the room, I felt calm and at peace. Anyways, after his funeral, where I was living at the time (my parents house) a lot of things happened, mostly to my brother and me.

Every night we always heard footsteps walking up and down the hallway and we always thought it was our father. We always asked him in the morning but he was in bed asleep. Sometimes, I use to wake up during the night and hear the footsteps and heard talking in the loungeroom and just simply thought it was my dad, but why would he be talking to himself? I thought to myself.

My brothers door would always open by itself and the door knob would turn by itself with no explanation. He use to yell out to my mother but my mum said that everyone was asleep. Things have even happened to my father where he's seen my grandfather (his father) at the end of the bed. It didn't bother my dad as my dad has had a lot of experience with ghosts throughout his life.

So all this went on for a few years with the doors opening and the footsteps up and down the hallway then in 2006 (I think) I had a very strange dream. In my dream, Me, my brother and my dad were all at the hospital where my grandfather died and we were all in the room where he died. Me and my brother were standing next to each other while my dad was facing away from us praying. My grandfather was standing beside his hospital bed with his suit jacket on the chair and he was wearing the exact same thing he had on at his funeral. He was telling me that how we'll be fine in the future and that everything is going to be ok. Then he told us that he had to go. In my dream, I didn't feel any emotion until I woke up as soon as he said he had to go. I woke up crying and in tears. It just felt so so so real. I came out of my bedroom crying and told the whole story to everyone. My mum cried with me. I was crying for days as it was just too hard to sink in.

After that dream, nothing has ever happened again. I have accepted that he's now gone and that dream was to tell us his final goodbyes. I still cry to this day thinking about it but at least he was watching over us and protecting us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stellagirl90, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-19)
I am sorry about that! 😆

That was awkward but I'm doing okay!

I know your grandad will watch over you beyond the clouds. ^_^
stellagirl90 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
Kimmie_Ann: thanks for your comment:) yeahh I think so:)

Themiss: yea I think so too... I was so use to everything happening though and knowing who it was. It sounds weird but I feel so lonely now. It was like he was my guidance: (

Elgin: i'm a girl! Lol... I see your from the Philippines! Kumusta? Haha yea I just wish he could communicate with us like he did but to know he'll always be watching over us is nice:)
Kimmie_Ann (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Stellagirl90,

I've had a very similar experience with my grandfather. I would say its just his way of telling you that everything is ok and he'll always be around. 😁
themiss (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Nice story. The dream seems like his way of saying that he'll always be with you even f you can't feel or see him anymore. I know of people who had similar experiences.
Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Cool story dude!

Your Grandad must really loved you boys for him to stick that long to make sure you'd all be okay. Now you'll know he will always be watching over you. ^_^

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: