You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Lady in White

Real Ghost Stories

Lady in White

 

I don't really know if this is a "ghost story" or not. I had a very terrible experience last night and it scared me out of my wits.

My boyfriend and I had a late night last night. It was approximately 3:00am when we decided to go to sleep. His daughter had gone to sleep already after watching a movie with us (nothing scary or disturbing). I slept in my room and he retired to his. She sleeps in the bedroom between ours. I seemed to have some trouble falling asleep and was in and out until I got up around 4:30am to use the bathroom. I went back to bed and I believe I fell back asleep. Now, I don't really remember anything up until I woke up. What I believe I remember is being unable to make any sound... I tried to speak or cry... and really having to force it out. Before I woke up I thought I heard voices and maybe someone being in my room. I also thought that my boyfriend's daughter had stepped into my room asking me if I was ok. It wasn't her though. It was a woman dressed in a white gown and had a luminous glow around her that seemed to be coming from the door of my room. (the door was open) She had her arms outstreched to me and I think she was asking me to go with her. This is when I saw my boyfriend at the door of my room. He told me afterwards he was awoken by what he thought was a child crying/wailing and thought it was his daughter. He checked on her but she was fast asleep. I sat up in bed and had to catch my breath because my heart was racing and I had a great fear about me. My whole body was tense and I felt nauseous because of the nerves in my stomach. I was afraid to go back to bed. My boyfriend sat up with me for a while but my guilt got the best of me and I went back to bed so he could sleep too. I had to take half a mild sedative (which I never do) so I could fall asleep again. No more occurrences happened after that.

Now, I do have to mention some strange things that occurred in and around the same time. Before I went to sleep the first time I thought I had seen about 2 or 3 times some shadows appear out of the corner of my eyes. Nothing was there of course and I just figured it was because I was growing tired. Also, around the time I got up to go to the bathroom, my boyfriend said he heard me and said he saw a shadow look into his room after I turned the light off. He assumed it was me but I didn't go by his room at all. When I went to bed the first time I thought I heard voices and saw dim lights about my door (other than the nightlight out in the hallway). I assumed it was my boyfriend, being unable to sleep, going back to watch television. He said he did not get up again at all... he had fallen asleep right away. And also, when my boyfriend had gotten up to check on his daughter, while he was at her bedroom door he said he had heard someone say in a gravelly low voice "over here Frank". He thought it was me but it wasn't. I thought I heard him speak to me asking me if I was ok but he also said he hadn't spoken. He also told me that he had 3 bad dreams involving the "hag lady" right after I finally went to sleep again. He had this dream before a few years back but it hadn't happened in quite a while.

I don't know what all this means. I don't normally have bad dreams and I don't really remember much of any of my dreams. I haven't experienced any supernatural events that I can recall either. All I know is that everything felt so real... like I wasn't really sleeping.

Am I overreacting because I'm kind of freaked out and I think I've unintentionally freaked my boyfriend and his daughter out too. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lilly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

xmas-santa (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
when I was in Bagio, philipines in our hotel room while having food I saw a shadow move through my room
bcps (2 stories) (12 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-29)
at over four years late on this but I think its very odd so many people have seen things like this I have two living in my old house I seen a girl in white and in black walking around corners in my old house and last week I was at my friends house woke up from a sleep and seen a white figure infront of the window staring at me turned its head in disapeared so times I think what is on tv while I sleep comes out into real life when I wake from dreamign lol I'm not sure that's what it seems like
TheSalawag (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
I also saw a shadow man. He walked through my kitchen. My family has seen this man as well. I don't believe he means harm, nor does he seem to forebode anything. I believe the spirits in my house are watchers, sometimes trickters. Which fits, because I find myself to be an observer and a trickster from time to time as well.

Do these souls represent our souls - or are we just all projecting our own needs and are somehow connected in another realm of interconnectivity where the minds of all life can meet?
TheSalawag (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
I realize this is two years late for a response. In getting this, you'll probably not remember why it's here, but I've had a similar - though less exciting - experience.

I saw two women in white, and a girl in white. The first just stood in front of my desk, looking in my direction. The second was like a ballerina - but frozen in time - and slid across my floor in a pose. The third was a little girl in a white dress.

But there was yet ANOTHER. An old lady in white, also glowing the way you described your old lady in white, and she stood at the foot of the bed, looking down on me. I can't remember her face. I don't think I ever saw it.

This happened in 2006 - or around that year.

Just sharing the experience. It was scary.
americanghoststories (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-13)
Some may say this could have been a hallucination but more than likely it was an etheral spirit energy trying to contact your husband. You may want to have your property history looked into.
Maggie (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-01-13)
Lilly, this may sound weird, but the same thing happened to me. Only it was with family, and it was a man. He seened to be calling me to the door (like asking me to come with him.) So your not along. My mum said she felt someone trying to sufacake
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-07)
Well, Lilly, I think that you were encountered with a ghost. Have you ever heard that the house you live was haunted? I don't think that you were dreaming(or maybe you were)because you said that your boyfriend would experience things like that and that he would also see and hear things besides only you. So if it was indeed a dream, how could have your boyfriend have experienced that same things? I believe in the paranormal and think that what your telling me and everybody who goes into this website is true and NOT a dream. Things like that happen to millions of people world- wide and they sometimes go through the same things that you go through if you read some of the stories in here. I am very happy to give feedback about what I think about what you've encountered. When people die in a certain place, they sometimes choose not to leave the place and stay there for a while(or maybe forever if they choose)to fix a certain issue or a problem that they couldn't achieve in their life- time(I'm not saying I'm 100% right, however). I think that you live in a haunted house and that you are in the presences of souls of the people that once lived in the place. Do you still live in that house? Have you ever experienced anything weird before this? Well, I think that maybe those ghosts have something to say or an issue to fix, but just remember, ghosts are usually harmless and won't hurt you, they can't really hurt you physically, anyway. Next time you see them, try to talk or communicate, I know it sounds absurd but if you try it and something happens(which I'm not assuming something will happen)keep me posted ok? Your friend, Janice

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: