You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Vacant Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Vacant Room

 

My name is Eunice. I am 20 years old and I live in Baguio City, Philippines. I am fond of reading ghost stories ever since I was young but I get easily scared when it comes to watching scary movies alone. The story I'm going to tell you happened only this year. This occurred on the third week of February 2012 at my boarding house.

First, let me tell you about my boarding house, the place is a 4 storey building with four rooms each on the second and third floor. My room is at the second floor and my room is right beside the common kitchen and dining room. The other rooms were occupied a few weeks before I got there, the third room which is in between my room and the kitchen became vacant because the girl living their transferred to the third floor. Remember this room because this is where it all happened. I lived in my room alone until just recently when my sister moved in with me.

Any ways, back to my story, I was living in that room for the second month when it happened, it was around February this year and it was a Sunday afternoon but I'm not sure on the exact date. I just finished all my household chores for the day then I decided to call up my boyfriend to come over and accompany me. When he got there we just watched movies and uploaded some photos on my laptop. We spent the whole afternoon chatting about the things we've done for the week then we had our dinner together. After dinner we went to the kitchen to wash the dishes. When we were on our way to the kitchen we passed by the vacant room. When we were moving towards the room I was feeling a little uneasy. I always feel uneasy passing through this room every time I pass by especially at night.

When we we're at the kitchen, I went to the comfort room and I left the dishes with my boyfriend for him to finished it. When I came back, I hugged him facing the stairs beside the empty room. I then saw something that made me let go of my boyfriend. It was a dark shadow and it was stepping out of the vacant room. It was only the lower half of a human body but I could feel that it was looking at us. It startled me so bad that I froze for a few seconds then when I blinked it just vanished. I told my boyfriend what I saw and I was uneasy, and scared. After I told my boyfriend what I saw he told me that when he was doing the dishes, he felt that some one was looking at him but when he turned around no one was there. We were the only ones there when it happened. It freaked me out that I rushed into my room.

The following day, I asked my neighbor who is occupying the first room next to me if she happens to feel or see something unusual but sadly she said no.

I can say that I wasn't imagining things when it all happened since we didn't watch any scary movies or talk about ghost stories that could trigger our imagination to kick in. After that incident though I never saw it again but I still feel uneasy every time I glimpse on the kitchen at night especially when the kitchen light was turned off. But before the room became vacant the tenant who lived there was a student and was living there alone but she kept on going out at night and came home the following day. Right now though it's currently occupied by a couple but I don't know if they felt anything.

Well that's my story I hope you enjoyed it and thanks!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eunice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

eunice (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
well, this "thing" doesn't harm me but it makes me uncomfortable.
And recently, I saw another one but in different place...
I'm just wondering why am I seeing things like them.
kdhdfear (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
Well, I believe you because I had a similar supernatural encounter just this week, which lead me to this site to read others stories. Thanks for sharing!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
eunice,
There is one theory that some of these figures we perceive as shadows, or dark masses, may simply be entities that haven't the energy or experience to be able to manifest fully. And on that same note, they could also be the remnants of a fading residual image that has finally run out of steam, so to speak. Either way, they seem to be fleeting, and in many (not all) cases, harmless.

Jav
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
Whenever I hear Baguio, hindi na bago sa akin yun.
I don't know anything about ghosts etc.
But I think you're sensitive when it comes to paranormal since you love stories about ghosts.
If "it" does nothing to you then there's nothing to worry. 😊 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: