You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Noisy Cubicle

Real Ghost Stories

The Noisy Cubicle

 

I want to preface this story by saying I am working back at the haunted building I was at last year, and this time with my husband. I have another story documenting what happened to me alone, if you're interested. I am not really scared of anything that happens there anymore, especially since he is with me now. He hasn't had any paranormal experiences, and hadn't had much interest in it and didn't even like talking about it. Since working here and feeling what he has felt and expereienced, he is just as interested and much more understanding and supportive of my sensitivity. Its great! This story is the first major experience he has had, and we love retelling the story. He was so brave and I was so proud. (Aside from loving wifey talk...)

This particular night was Friday 18 May, just a few weeks ago. I was hearing lots of unexplained knocks and shuffles that night, but I hadn't said anything. That I am totally used to and doesn't bother me anymore. After sitting and chatting a bit, Ryan notices the lights to a section farther down had just turned on by itself. No one went past us, and had they taken another route through the cubicals other lights would have turned on as well.

It was odd, I had worked there nearly a year and motion sensors had NEVER went on by themselves. I have since talked to a friend of ours who works in the areas we do, for 20+ years and she confirmed they do not turn on by themselves, not even by a bug or a mouse. We kept talking and tried to ignore it. After all, there is a first time for everything.

Then, in a cube in that section, we suddenly heard moving around, rustling of papers, as if someone was in there doing some work or looking for something. We kind of were freaked out. We looked down there trying to see if someone was there. Ryan made his way to the cubicle to investigate. Before he reached it, I looked up above the cubical... A dark, shadowy arm came up and went down in an arch formation. When Ryan got there, the cubical was empty.

I think the series of events was simply amazing, the light, sound, then manifestation of some kind. How I wish I could have caught it all on tape. Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by smixie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smixie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
Your story sounds quite like what my friend experienced. An old clerk of that office who had been working there for years passed away. That very week, those colleagues who worked late night heard papers suffling and papers being stappled. Needless to say they left the office in a jiffy. The next morning, the files at the late clerk's desk were in a mess. It was as though she came back to work.
smixie (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
Hi guys thanks for your comments!
Trix~ I haven't tried to take any voice recordings. I've thought about getting a recorder. I have tried to take pictures and video when something is happening, alas my phone is very slow with anything to do with the camera. Sigh. I am trying to get some evidence! And yes, I do believe it was a shadow person, as I have seen several others there...
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
Hi smixie, wow... What an experience you and your husband had at work that night. If I were you I would focus on that cubicle and put some papers there to see if anything is moved around during the night. I wonder if this could be a shadow person. Did you ever think of doing some EVPs' there at night? It sounds like your work place is very active at night. I'm sure you will get some EVPs' there. Very interesting experience. Thanks for sharing. Take care Trix. 😊
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
I wonder why a ghost would go to a work place? Why would they be in a cubicle? Seems like you'd stay far away from there if you never have to work again haha.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: