You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: At My Parents' House

Real Ghost Stories

At My Parents' House

 

When I was in third grade, our family consisted of four people: my mom, my dad, my sister, and myself. We moved into a house in the end of the year, middle of the school year. This house was great, a ranch style home with a basement. There have been some strange occurrences, which mainly happened to my mom, sister and me. Not so much for my dad and my youngest sister (who was born a couple years later). My dad has trouble believing us on our stories.

The first thing I recall happening was on my birthday, and I recall I was around third or fourth grade. I had my best friend at the time over for a sleepover. Things went pretty normal during that day; we played and did all the normal thing kids our age did. My parents threw me a birthday party and just all around enjoyed our day. It was getting late and my parents let us watch a movie before bed. We had our sleeping bags rolled out in the living room because it is bigger than my bedroom.

It was time for bed so we turned the lights out and went into our sleeping bags. We were laying for maybe an hour or so until we started to hear voices. It sounded like many people talking, like at a party or an event. It was coming from the stairs leading to the basement, and it was quite loud. We couldn't make out what was actually being said but it clearly sounded like many people were talking at once. Then the talking stopped abruptly.

At this point, my friend and I were freaking out. After a while of quiet nothing, we could hear footsteps in the kitchen. There is a window in the wall where you can see the kitchen through there from the living room, and the kitchen has hardwood floors. The footsteps were loud, like it was someone heavy. We reluctantly looked up through the window and saw a man walking. He was tall and had dark hair; I couldn't make out what he was wearing. After he walked through the kitchen, he seemed to have disappeared. We could not find him when we looked. We were very scared but finally, after what seemed like hours of lying down, we finally went to sleep. While this entire thing happened, we were not talking at all.

The next morning after, we woke up and told my mom everything we heard and saw. She told us she heard voices that last night and thought it was us. She even said she came out and yelled at us to be quiet, though we knew we were not talking at all. Neither of us heard my mom yelling at us to be quiet and my mom even thought it was weird that we didn't move at all when she was yelling. My mom did believe us though, as she has experienced paranormal things throughout her life.

I still know my old best friend and still talk to him, and to this day he also remembers what we experienced that night.

This was the first time I have ever seen and heard anything paranormal, and there are many more things that happened in my parents' house.

Go ahead and leave some comments, I want to know what you all think of my experience. I will publish more on here about some of the other things that happened there. Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Shadow-VII

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shadow-VII, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shadow-VII (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I moved out when I became an adult, but they do still live there. As far as I understand there was still things going on there for a while, but stopped about two years ago.

-B
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I am anxious to hear more from you. Do you still or do your parents still live there in that house? If not did anything follow you?

~LSD~
Shadow-VII (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
There is no need to apologize for asking questions! In fact, I welcome them. I find it interesting that you say it happens a lot that people think its the other and even don't hear one another speaking. Makes me kind of want to research on it. There does seem to be much history in Colorado. To answer your question: this is the only time I have specifically seen a man walking through the kitchen. Though I have seen a man elsewhere in the house, I am unsure if it is the same man. There has been many other experiences at my parents house, whether it be witnessed by myself, mom or sister. I believe there have been at least three spiritual intities seen or heard there. However, I find this particular experience to be more significant to me because firstly, it was my first encounter with anything paranormal, and secondly it was witnessed by my friend at the exact same time. I do intend on submitting more of the happenings that went on in there when I find the time, as later on in living there things did get even more active.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
I grew up in Arvada & Golden. LOL!

But anyway. I know that almost every where I lived in Colorado was active. & over in that area is a lot of history. Did this only happen once? What other things went on? I am sorry about all the questions, but I like to get a good idea of it all. I know I have seen some crazy stuff & this is another account I have read that different people in the house have heard something & thought it was the other people. Also, your mom yelled at you guys & you didn't hear it. That happens a lot. But because it only happened once it makes me wonder what it could have been. Unless it has happened more than once?

~LSD~
Shadow-VII (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
I lived over in unincorporated Jefferson county. No, my dad isn't the type to have buddies over that late (at least not since he married my mom and had children) My dad was in bed with my mom that night, and the man we saw was taller than my dad and had much darker hair. Also, my parents are anol about locking up the house each night, so I don't know how someone would get in without breaking in.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
Where in Colorado did you live? Was your dad maybe up with some of his buddies?

~LSD~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: